Are Sikhs Hindus? (I nice reply)

Sikhs are not Hindus

Although a person from ne religion in the end is a Human (one race)

However, their beliefs are too different from Sikh beliefs. I've heard the Sakhi of that Pheena is talking about, the sun rays and its true, in the end everything comes from the same source. The amazing thing that Guru Nanak Dev Ji tried to teach us was the acceptance of other religions.

Remember, it was Guru Teg Bahadhur Ji who gave his life for the Hindu religion. Hind dhi chadar.... there was a reason for that. Sikh's might not be Hindu's but we still respect other religions.....

Also, If someone says that Sikhi originated from Hinduism and or Muslims, you can always point out, that almost every religion is somehow connected, Jews and Christians and Muslims... they all have a lot in common, however at the same time have many differences. This does not mean that Christians are Muslims and vice versa.... they have their own beliefs...

Bhul Chuk Maaf

Fateh

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Remember, it was Guru Teg Bahadhur Ji who gave his life for the Hindu religion.

Guru Ji gave his life for freedom. he fought against oppression. if islam was in the place of hinduism then Guru Ji would've done the same thing. that does not change the fact that hinduism today is total blindness. Guru Ji calling krishna "an <banned word filter activated>" is no sign of respect. what needs to be condemned is condemned by Guru Ji. Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

Remember, it was Guru Teg Bahadhur Ji who gave his life for the Hindu religion.

Guru Ji gave his life for freedom. he fought against oppression. if islam was in the place of hinduism then Guru Ji would've done the same thing. that does not change the fact that hinduism today is total blindness. Guru Ji calling krishna "an <banned word filter activated>" is no sign of respect. what needs to be condemned is condemned by Guru Ji. Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

97484[/snapback]

Wuzn't that the point being made grin.gif Hinduism wuz used as an example to show that Sikhi respects other religions ? Ya if Islam wuz in place of Hinduism Guru ji would have done the same thing

"hinduism today is total blindness" umm...what do u mean by this? plz explain

and wen did Guru Ji calls Krishna an '<banned word filter activated>' wacko.gifgrin.gif

Wuzn't that the point being made
Point is that Guru Ji did not sacrifice for hindu religion.
"hinduism today is total blindness" umm...what do u mean by this? plz explain

show me how it is even a religion. many scholars agree that definition of "hindu" is not known. idols, shivlings, fasting, mistreatment of women and lower caste people is all blindness.

and wen did Guru Ji calls Krishna an '<banned word filter activated>'

If he (Krishna) was God then how come he couldn’t save himself from death?

Hey <banned word filter activated>, listen, how can that <banned word filter activated> get you across this world ocean (get you liberated) when he himself fell into the world ocean (died).

Refer to my earlier post for more info on hindu gods. Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

Ji, i what i was trying to say was that our guru's taught us to respect other religions. Yes they may have called the likes of krishna an <banned word filter activated>, not because he started seeing himself as God but because he let that get to his head. I dont remember the verse but there is a shabad in Guru Granth Sahib Ji in which the main concept is when u get to a certain level, then there is no difference between a person and god, however, many of the "hindu gods" let this get to their head and were unable to control it. therefore how can an <banned word filter activated>, who is unable to control oneself supposed to help another? however, what they taught before all that got to their head may have some value to it....

the whole point of my post was to say don't disrespect ne other religion. I see what ur saying that our guru's called them idiots... but really think about what ur saying, guru nanak dev ji putting down someone else like that? is that possible? Mith bolara Ji Mith Bolara....

Even if he did, today there is no one that has a sweet tongue like our guru's who were able to explain something so beautifully, when they showed that something was wrong they did it in such a way that it wasn't disrespectful. today however, people seem to say it straight out...

When someone asks u if a Sikh is a Hindu, why do we need to prove that they arnt by putting down the Hindu religion? I believe it was the first or second post that said it nicely, this is what they beleive but we dont... simple as that....

bhul chuk maaf

Fateh

show me how it is even a religion. many scholars agree that definition of "hindu" is not known. idols, shivlings, fasting, mistreatment of women and lower caste people is all blindness.

Mistreatment of woman and lower caste people also sadly takes place by people who call themselves Sikhs. This does not define a religion, this defines the people and their mentality who link themselves with a religion......

and again this is a generalization... I know many hindu's who do not fast, where woman are respected and caste has never been an issue.

I am not trying to stick up for the Hindu religion. What I am trying to say is, show the difference without trying to put another religion down, because they can also come back and say almost exactly the same stuff to you........ why? because every religion changes as time goes on, sadly so has Sikhism, many are trying to bring it back on the right path.. but there are so many sects now....

Bhul Chuk Maaf

Sikhi clearly explains how women should be treated. but hindu texts such as Mannu Simartis speak of such horrible things that should be done to lower caste people. You can read book of Daulat Rai or go to dalitstan web site to read quotes from hindu texts that speak ill of women. Sikhs do bad things but Sikhi doesn't allow it. Hindus do bad things and their religion allows it. those who don't do it are good people. I know a brahmin who calls himself a jatt brahmin because he doesn't follow hinduism at all. I know many muslims who don't fast but still it is aginst their religion. Actions may not represent the religion but I am speaking strictly on holy texts. vedas contradict with each other. Tulsee Daas and many hindu poets thought of women like an old shoe and property of men. about three years ago a hindu man married his daughter to a dog because a brahmin told him to do it which is acceptable according to hinduism. overall, if hinduism is east then Sikhi is west. Sikhi is the best. only good things in other religions can be respected not something that contradicts with Sikhi. Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

Guru nanak Dev Ji was very blunt, when he went to the hindu sacred river, hindus were throwing water towards the sky and he threw water towards his fields in Punjab. Yeah we should respect other faiths but don't act like their religions are true. Respect means do not suppress, don't attack mandirs because they are against your beliefs. However as a Sikh, our religion tells us the blindness of rituals and deities, so as sikhs we shouldn't misinterpret our Gurus by saying, "all religions are equal."

There are so many confused sikhs out there that follow this logic. I know so many sikhs families that go to mountains in India shouting jai mata di and bow before mata statues and when you ask them why they do it they say guru nanak dev ji said we are all the same. Even some sikhs in the west go to mandirs and do havan and bow to statues and say Sikhi says we are all the same. Sikhi says Humanity is one, but a sikh only reveres waaheguru which for sikhs is in Gurbaani. So as sikhs we shouldn't always be the biggest Hindu defenders on earth, we should be defenders of humanity not of hinduism, Islam, or whatever.

Guru Gobind Singh was so straight forward about Bipran ki reet or the ways of the brahman hindus. He said stay away from it you are a distinct quam. When sikhs these days say this people say hey sikhi says respect all religions. Yeah respect does not mean worship. Sikhs do not believe in the sacredness of the vedas, puraanas, shashtras. If as sikhs we tell hindus this it is not disrespectful. If a hindu says he doesn't believe in Sri Guru Granth sahib, I would say cool that's your belief, however sikhs are so confused these days that when their hindu friends ask them to go to mandir, they say ok i don't want to offend my friends. Guru Nanak Dev Ji refused to get wear janeoo or get married around agni, you think he cared about offending anyone? In baani, Guru sahib bluntly states that he does not believe in the Vedas, Puraanas or the Quran. IT doesn't get anymore straightforward than that.

peace.

Guest Akaal108

Even though sikhi is separate dharam.. i still think that from spiritual point of view sikhi has reformed hinduism in many ways. ie- briging the orginal hindu dharam(upasana of nirankar= Pooja Akaal Ki) instead of doing cluless rituals/baseless morti pooja.

Even though sikh is separate dharam.. i still think that from spiritual point of view sikh has reformed hinduism in many ways. ie- briging the orginal hindu dharam(upasana of nirankar= Pooja Akaal Ki) instead of doing cluless rituals/baseless morti pooja.

It is not just about "Naam Simran" but rather it is about how upasana is done, in what ways and who is being worshipped. "Waheguru" Sikhs worship is nowhere found in hindu texts. explain to me what really this "original hinduism" is? Who invented it? how long ago? in what area? any background on this great person would be helpful. Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh