KARA SITUATION..IN ENGLAND!

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

im glad u brang this issue up. its happening alot in schools in the uk. In southall, at high schools people are not allowed to wear a karra. there are big restrictions. Only a tiny karra is allowed.

There have been instances when people have gone into school with a certain size karra and the head of year has confiscated and in some cases even thrown the karra in the bin.

When a teacher tells a 7 year old kid that they must remove their kara, most kids will take their kara off. It's up to parents and elders to ensure their is enough encouragement out their to give the Sikh child enough confidence to not remove their kara.

I went to a sports day at our local primary school and was shocked to see every single Sikh kid had removed their kara. When I asked one of the Singh boys where his kara was, he replied that they always take their kara off for PE.

When I spoke to the teacher about Sikh kids removing their karas, she said that it was due to health and safety reasons and no parent had ever made an issue about it.

It's an embaressment that we cannot even stand our ground for our own kids. Our own community might laugh at us for being fundamentalist or fanatics as the kara is a simple bracelet the them. But Sangat Ji, the foundations start from here. If we tell our kids that shaheeds gave their lives for the sanctity of Sikhi and yet we cannot stand our ground when it comes to our kids having to remove a kakaar in order to participate in PE, then we're just a joke.

It's OUR fault that we allow our kids to take their kara off so easily. Then when they cut their kes we cry!

fateh ji... sorry i didnt say wah happened

guru jis kirpa.. singhs came ... andit went to the school goveners.. they sed wear a small kara.. and ALWAYS!! have it covered wiv a sweatband... like not just for p.e but all the tyme.

guru jis kirpa i had a doccument about my kirpan... i just gave it them ... and they didnt say nethin

waheguru

vaheguru ji ka khalsa vaheguru ji ki fateh

Its been a couple of months at school, and theyve told me to remove my kara in p.e so i said no, from there the suituation had become worser...the gurdwara rang the school and spoke to the key stage managar( the person incharge of my year)

So a meeting has been arranged at the gurdwara with the key stage manager and somebody from the gurdwara on wednesday next week!....well its going to go to court IVE BEEN TOLD!... i think its soo stupid...as muslim girls wear their headscafes with pins in!...only because theres not many sikhs they feel they can say what they please!

....but when this KAUR! gets involved i dont think so!....all the other teachers let me do p.e but 1 of the teachers who is the head she cant take it so thats why its going this far.....SUX!

But im not going to backdown!....as they cant get me to remove my kara!

juts thought id let everybody know!...and with guru ji's kirpa eevryhting wil be ok

VAHEGURU JI KA KHALSA VAHEGURU JI KI FATEH!

be sensible about the issue.............don't make a Hijab out of Kara please!! :D