how do u no its the right time to be amritdhari

VaheguruJiKaKhalsa VaheguruJiKiFateh!

im just wondering how do you no its the right time to b amritdhari, if you wernt alreddy raised at it. im just curious  blush.gif   rolleyes.gif

98956[/snapback]

when your so thirsty and nothing is able to quench that thirst!!! when you crave death! wen you have no fear inside you! when you feel there is something missing from your life!!

(some of these might relate to you?)

key thing is what gurpreet singh has said..

start following the sikhi rehat as of now ... (if u dont know reply back sangat here will let u know)...

... if u can follow this rehat then u take amrit.. and only till then ... do not rush it ...

some ppl (including myself) have rushed taking amrit and its even harder then to stay on the path... but guru kirpa naal wats gona happen will happen...

:doh:

Nice replies :doh:

but i disagree on the point of "Take Amrit as soon as you can" Don't do it unless you know for sure that you are ready :) How you will know? If you are lucky then you will know it from your inner soul..

Don't follow others !! follow your soul..

actually you have no say over it.... when ur ready Guru ji will give it to you. If your not he wont... no matter how much u want it... a lot of people on this forum will tell u how this is... how they craved amrit for so long, felt that they were ready for it... but they never got the oppurtunity.

the day that u r ready... Guru Ji himself will show you... until then... keep doing ardas

bhul chuk maaf

Nice replies :doh:

but i disagree on the point of "Take Amrit as soon as you can" Don't do it unless you know for sure that you are ready :) How you will know? If you are lucky then you will know it from your inner soul..

Don't follow others !! follow your soul..

99021[/snapback]

dont follow ur soul no.gif

follow guru ji hukam :TH:

Take amrit at next amrit sanchar, a sikh is alwys ready to give his head for the GUru :doh:

I was talking a non-amrit dhaari penji whos parents had introduced her to an amrit dhaari Singh for marriage. This penji has always kept her kesh, she does nitnem and leads the life of an amrit dhaari but just hasnt taken Amrit. Basically the Singh and his family are quite strict on rehat and required her to take Amrit but she says she wasnt ready. When i asked her what she was waiting for she says "i dont think im ready... when the time comes, Maharaj will give me a sign". So i said to her "Well... maybe this IS a sign for you. What other sign do you need?!"

The thing is i think people are always waiting. Waiting for something thats already there but they are too scared... or blind... or ignorant to it.

Stages of life include birth, marriage and death ... u cant marry without being born first and the True birth is the way of the Khalsa... by taking Amrit.

The time is now. The past is gone. The future is non-existent and what you make it. So live for the present because we dont know when our last breath will be. Could be when u turn 85 or whatever... or it cud be within the next second.

So be Immortal... be a Khalsa.