who is your favorite ragi jatha.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

waheguru ji ke khalsa, waheguru ji ke fateh

Pyare jio, I have to say I am a fan of Bhai harpreet Singh, and suprisingly no seems to have mentioned Bhai Rajinder Singh ji Singapore, who I think is easily the most talented keertani I have ever come across.

But saying this, we have to remember there is no difference between a keertani Singh or one who does joorian de seva, or langar dee seva. At the end of the day they are all sevadaars. We should not make keertanis into superstars, it is very detrimental to their jeevans.

It is not the keertanis that make samgams, but the Guru bani. We should always aim to just do vadiaeeye of Shabad Guru, not those who do keertan.

waheguru ji ke khalsa, waheguru ji ke fateh

I'm surprised no one has mentioned real talent like Bhai Avtar Singh or Amarjit Singh "Taan" (and his very accomplished tabla player Bhai Rajinderpal Singh 'Jindi') --these are true "ragis" who have spent time and effort studying 'raag' and do not perform pankhandi kirtan.

all ragi's like bhai harjinder singh

bhai anoop singh

do perform pankhandi kirtan. THEY DON'T STUDY RAAG. THE RAGI'S WHO STUDY RAAG ARE LIKE BHAI AVTAR SINGH, BHAI DEVINDER PRATAP SINGH, BHAI AMARJIT SINGH TANN BHAI BALBIR SINGH AND SO MANY MORE NOT LIKE BHAI ANOOP SINGH AND HARJINDER SINGH.

THE TRUE RAGI JATHE ARE WHO STUDY RAAG AND DO KIRTAN IN RAAG NOT perform pankhandi kirtan.

Waheguru Jee Ka Khalsa

Waheguru Jee Ki Fateh

Sahib Singh Jee - How can you say that Sant/Bhai Anoop Singh / Bhai Harjinder Singh perform Pakhandi Keertan.

How can keertan be Pakhand... these jatha sing bani with so much pyaar and how can bani be pakhandi.

vaahu vaahu baanee nira(n)kaar hai this jaevadd avar n koe ||

Waaho! Waaho! is the Bani, the Word, of the Formless Lord. There is no other as great as He is.

We should respect every individual who sings keertan/bani - it is only with Guru's grace that the gift of keertan is granted to individuals. Those individuals have vade bhaag - high destiny.

Veer Jee, in my opinion the true Ragi Jatha is that which sings keertan with pyaar from his soul and for the love of Waheguru Jee and Sant/Bhai Anoop Singh and Bhai Harjinder Singh surely do. I have been lucky enough to see both these jathe do keertan live and it is an amazing experience because the bani is sung with so much pyaar and everyone in the sangat feels boosted.

t(h)aakur gaaeeai aatham ra(n)g ||

Sing the Praises of the Lord and Master, with the love of your soul

Love is the way to reach Waheguru.....

saach keho(n) sun laehu sabhai jin praem keeou thin hee prabh paaeiou ||

Who are we to judge who is the true ragi jatha, (surely that cannot be done purely on the basis of them studying raag - the pyaar for singing gurbani is a very important factor in my opinion).

Bhul Chuk Maaf

Fateh

Fateh

I have a lot of favourite kirtani jathas including

Bhai Harjinder Singh Sri Nagar Wale

Bhai Niranjan Singh Jawaddi Kalan Wale

Bhai Nirmal Singh Hazuri Ragi

Bhai Ravinder Singh Hazuri Ragi

Bhai Maninder Singh Sri Nagar Wale

Sant Anoop Singh Una Sahib

Sant Baba Ranjit Singh

Bhai Jasbir Singh Paonta Sahib

But

Bhai Manpreet Singh Kanpur Wale is awesome, he is amazing, there are no words to describe the way he sings gurbani, it is done with so much pyaar. :TH: :doh:

I have just been watching the video of the Dehli Rehnsbai in 2003:

Bhai Manpreet Singh (Kanpur Wale)

For those of you who were at the Southall Rehnsbai in March 2005, Bhai Manpreet Singh also sang the following shabads at Dehli -

Raangan Rango Seevan Seevo Raam Naam Bin Ghari Na Jeevo

and

Baba Man Mat Waro Naam Ras Peevai

Dhan Guru Kai Kirtani

:) :doh: :wub:

Waheguru

Fateh