Will only having un-cut hair make u Sikh??

honey81online

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sikh = learner

The one in whom the desire to learn is born is a Sikh. To Sikh ( to Learn) about God thru the Guru or any other means. He become a Deciple of the Guru, if he is a deciple he is a Gurmukh because he is learning from the Guru, he is putting the guru's word ahead of his. A manmukh (not sikh) is whom the desire to learn is not yet born.

hahah this is so funny.

do u think u know better than bhai gurdas? because he has already said what a sikh is.

"one is ONLY a SIKH of the GURU once he has been blessed with BAPTISM"

what part dont u understand? what excuse are u going to make......your not a sikh till uve taken amrit........dont kid urself!

Mr. Khalsa Soulja ji, When did i say Amrit is not necessary.

Exact meaning of a Sikh is A deciple, A learner. So if im a Diciple of the Guru ji, would that not mean im a Sikh. I did not state what is required to become a Diciple, whether its wearing a Kirpan or just Devotion with love to the guru, i do not yet know, i've heard many things. But it is something that i must findout for myself. So don't assume im against taking AMRIT. Simply and ONLY Taking AMRIT does not make you a Sikh, there are far more important things that are associated with being a Sikh.

so i wear the 5 k's, I am a Sikh according to what is onthe outside, but no one but me and god know knows what resides on the inside. The MOST important part of a Sikh is what lies on the INSIDE, not the outside. The outside is necessary to give contrast, to give others a visible view of what might lie within that GurMukh. There are 2 Amrits, one for the inside world one for the outside world. The outside Amrit is obvious, the inside Am

rit is the Bani of Waheguru...the Shabad. You drink the Amrit of the outside with your mouth, you drink the amrit on the inside with your mind.

Amrit is not something that is Visible, Amrit is what one utter from his mouth. Amrit is what can be seen in someones eyes. By Drinking the Ambrosial bani of the Shabad , you have drank the Amrit.

Page-119

The Shabad is Amrit; the Lord`s Bani is Amrit.

amrit sabad amrit har banee

Page-511

The Ambrosial Amrit is his food, and the Ambrosial Amrit is his clothes; O Nanak, through the Naam, the Name of the Lord, greatness is obtained. ||1||

amrit khaanaa amrit painnaa naanak naam vadaa-ee ho-ay. ||1||

Before you start to jump down my throat, im NOT against the Amrit of our 10th guru, im simply trying to give contrast between Amrit of the Shabad and Amrit you drink literally.

hey clever clogs, ur not listening to what im saying

why not read bhai gurdas varan // 3 pauri 11 and give me the line

in the context deekhya does not mean amrit as in gurus word, it means physical baptism, in this context charan-de-pahul.

a sikh is an amritdhari. theres no 2 ways about it.

Before you start to jump down my throat, im NOT against the Amrit of our 10th guru, im simply trying to give contrast between Amrit of the Shabad and Amrit you drink literally.
Did you even read and try to understand what i was trying to say??? I AM NOT AGAINST TAKING AMRIT!!!!!!!!

What do u take from this line in the SGGS??

The Shabad is Amrit; the Lord`s Bani is Amrit.

If I am drenched in the Shabad of the Lord, If all i utter is his Bani, all i see is him, Do i still need to t

ake the Physical Amrit??? If god bestowed his mercy upon me and i reach that point, i become drenched in Amrit. OR is your answer that i cannot obtain this status until i have taken the Physical Amrit??

i do not have Bhai Gurdas's bani, if u have it handy please do post it or direct me towards it from where i can obtain it.

I believe i have taken this thread away from the original question, for that i apologzie.

Waheguru

omg its like talking to a brick wall

u GET the gurmantar when u take amrit........without the gurmantar u will not receieve spiritual amrit raas as a sikh..........

i will quote the bhai gurdas line

Gur Deekhya Lai Sikh, Sikh Sadaayaa

its honestly not that hard to understand.

deekhya is physical baptism when one recieves the gurmantar.

bhai gurdas clearly says that one can only be a sikh once the guru has given them deekhya or PHYSICAL amrit.

i dont understand what part you are missing. your not a sikh till you have pledged your full alleigence to the guru!

omg its like talking to a brick wall

u GET the gurmantar when u take amrit........without the gurmantar u will not receieve spiritual amrit raas as a sikh..........

i will quote the bhai gurdas line

Gur Deekhya Lai Sikh, Sikh Sadaayaa

its honestly not that hard to understand.

deekhya is physical baptism when one recieves the gurmantar.

bhai gurdas clearly says that one can only be a sikh once the guru has given them deekhya or PHYSICAL amrit.

i dont understand what part you are missing. your not a sikh till you have pledged your full alleigence to the guru!

I apologize for being a Brick Wall waheguru ji, i am just a Moorakh Manmukh trying to comprehend which seems obvious to you. It is not that i do not understand what Bhai Gurdas is saying, it is very clear and to the point, but i have been taught a different meaning of what Amrit is thru the SGGS. I present my views from my undestanding of what Amrit is. Simply saying they are wrong does not help me. I feel you are gettin aggitated by me, that i do not want and i sincerely apologize.

Your views are without taking the Physical Amrit, you cannot obtain the Amrit of the Shabad, What i've been taught is that you can obtained the Amrit in the Shabad without taking the physical amrit and i am a sikh if i follow the SGGS with my heart and have

love for the guru. That his Name is Amrit, no where in the SGGS do i find that i need Physical Amrit before i can acheive the Amrit of his name.

Bhai Gurdas's bani is not written in the SGGS, Why not?? Do i follow other Sikh Bhagats bani as well, Do i follow the Dasam Granth and also live according to that?? If my Guru is the Sri Guru Granth Sahib, then do i surrender myself to only him, and no one else?? Do i also follow other books about Sikhi?? Waheguru this is getting me no where.

Personally i don't really know why did Guru Gobind Sahib asked for 5 piyarays to take amrit, I've been told different stories..... if it was that important for a Sikh to take Amrit why wasn't it clearly written in the SGGS My GURU, why am i faced with such confusion?? That i cannot seem to comprehend. Sometimes i get tired of thinking and just want to not think nemore, It is pointless for me to think and think only and not be able to act. I am very lost about this Amrit. Im presented with 2 different views, I want to accept both of them but I have not yet fully understood either of them.

Is there an ONLINE translation or if its only Gurmukhi of Bhai Gurdas's Bani. If so would u kindly give me the link.

My deepest apologies for getting side-track....waheguru.

Can someone PLEASE define What AMRIT is?

Personally i don't really know why did Guru Gobind Sahib asked for 5 piyarays to take amrit, I've been told different stories..... if it was that important for a Sikh to take Amrit why wasn't it clearly written in the SGGS My GURU, why am i faced with such confusion?? That i cannot seem to comprehend. Sometimes i get tired of thinking and just want to not think nemore, It is pointless for me to think and think only and not be able to act. I am very lost about this Amrit.

Isnt the fact that Guru Gobind Singh himself got down on his knees and took amrit himself enough for u?

Guest SikhForLife

okie now that u guys are done argueing.. id like to ssay that because u were born as a Sikh you must keep your hair.. along with being humane and doing good deeds.. and serving humanity

if God wanted u to be someone else u wouldve been born into a different religion following a different path to the same God... but as a sikh.. u should do what sikhi tells you to do.