Will only having un-cut hair make u Sikh??

honey81online

I represent the common sikh youth, I have following question to ask from the public of this forum

1. I dont believe in religion. But i do believe in love freindship , Brothehoodship etc, But iam being forced to have my outer symblos like Hairs, I dont want to cont with my hairs. I dont think that there is any importance of having hairs for showing the sikhi, If u dont have the kindness and love in the heart but ur having ur outer Symbols like hairs will it make u sikh??? :T:

2. why dont these sikh girls are not told to have keske amrit :nihungsmile: as its is told to boys,??? Ok, if u do inforce the same rule to the sikh girls as well , Dont u think the No. of sikhs will decrease even further??? :T:

Your Brohter

HONEY (Still having un-cut hairs grin.gif )

I am told that if some one ask that type of hard question on the net he is dealt with hard word, I request all of u that please DO answer my questions SOFTLY

Bye every one!!!

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

. I dont believe in religion. But i do believe in love freindship , Brothehoodship etc, But iam being forced to have my outer symblos like Hairs, I dont want to cont with my hairs.
the gurus were enlightened souls who heard the words of god. they have documented this and shown us the easiest way over the world-ocean in order to obtain naam and be in bliss for ever. in guru gobind singhs bachittar natak bani he descibes how god sent him down to establish the true way to saackhand. friendship, love etc is only temporary, however ur bond with god is foreever.

why do u want to cut ur hair? do blend in? to look like a gora? to get a girlfriend? are any of those reasons valid when you have to face god and account for all your actions after death?

I dont think that there is any importance of having hairs for showing the sikhi, If u dont have the kindness and love in the heart but ur having ur outer Symbols like hairs will it make u sikh??? 

i read this somwhere else and thought it was good.

a happily married couple. husband comes home and finds his wife commiting adultery w/ another man. the man is sad and asks his wife why afterwards. she said that her h

eart and love (internally) was still with him, the physical aspect didnt really matter, as she was still devoted to him, so adultery was ok.

it requires alot of dedication and inner strength to a) keep your body in the way that god made you and B) show yourself as different and as a sikh, rather than a gora or manmukh, which manifests in your outer form.

obviously kindness etc is important, but just because others dont have kindness but keep hair, it doesnt give u an excuse to cut it.

2. why dont these sikh girls are not told to have keske amrit  as its is told to boys,??? Ok, if u do inforce the same rule to the sikh girls as well , Dont u think the No. of sikhs will decrease even further??? 

in the early 1900s gyani mustafir singh allowed women to take amrit without wearing a keski, and so manywomen took it that they kept it that way till now. puratan accounts of vaisakhi and even english mans accounts (eg cunningham) show that women always used to wear keski.

the number of sikhs doesnt matter, its the quality and faith that each has in sikhi.

to be honest i dont think ur problem is keeping your hair, but its your basic belief in sikhi. to be a sikh of the guru you take amrit to enter his brotherhood - bhai gurdas says this in his work varan. there is no other way to become a sikh. however it is just as easy to be kicked out of the khalsa brotherhood if one committs a major sin after taking amrit.

you should read up a bit more about the divinity of teh gurus and the SGGS and some of the sikh history. people like bhai taru singh would rather be scapled

than have their hair removed, and the two sons of the guru werent even past the age of 10 and they still refused to lose their kesh. to be a true sikh u have to be internally and externally pure, not just 1 or the other.

There are 84 millions type of life form in this earth !

Only human being change their outlook by cutting, trimming, decorating their bodies !

Waheguru or God is a very supeeeeeeer soul/jot whose IQ level is 1000000 zilllllion times bigger then any famous geniuses of human ever exists. Waheguru jeee put sooo much advance system in our body that runs without any flaw (blood circulation, nerves, cells etc..) Everything is in their own place.. Just perfect.. Then how come we can say that having long hair does not seems to be rite for a human??? Waheguru could have made human bald ?? But he/ didn't.. So live as gurus roop, don't questions his made ! Accept kesh as guru's gift !

For my Brother Vicky Singh

"There are 84 millions type of life form in this earth !

Only human being change their outlook by cutting, trimming, decorating their bodies !"

OK i agree with u there are 84 millions types lifes Only human being change the its outlook. But remember one thingh The God give power only to human being to do this. The Tiger not do trimming but they also not sit on chairs which are made by man by cutting trees. No other creature wears the cloths then y human beings.

Only human being has power to do this things.

Your Brohter

HONEY

Oh yes veerjee.. I agree

God gave us soo much .

He gave us good brain and thats how.. We can develop as many Nukes as we want.. We can destroy whole world within a second... But will human do that? No..

So to sikh same applies with the Hair.. Will we destroy our hair, just becauz god gave human a knowledge on how to use scissor? NO.. Why no.. Cauz in gurbani it says.. "Rooam rooam vich vassda Waheguru" Rooam = pores and hair comes out of pore.. so Waheguru exists in our hair.. so are we allowed to cut our waheguru (hair) ?? Just think about it veer.. It's not just a signal..

its ok 2 look for reason for what dasmesh pathsa said, but we can't challenge what he said , we have no authority, honey81, u can question but u can't challenge, so dont' say its ok 2 cut ones hair, cause its a not, it makes me feel like <admin-cut>

ne ways

the only person 2 ever chance ne thing about sikhi wuz siri baba deep singh ji, he did'nt like how a phrase in guru granth sahib ji maharaj refered 2 guru gobind singh ji ( or something along these lines) so he asked if he coulc change it, but guru ji said what r u gonna do for me if i let u change it, he said i will become shaheed for sikhiand even b4 his death they called baba ji, shaheed baba deep singh ji.

so ne ways i'm not saying if u die u dont' have 2 have ur hair, i'm juss showing u my view on our rights 2 change somehting

hair is here 2 stay

khalsa zindabad

khalistan zindabaad

raj karega khalsa

Guest SikhForLife

veerji.. when anyone asks me that question.. or comments on that.. i just tell them

remember our ancestors gave up their lives.. were cut peice by peice.. women lost thier infant children.. and the cruel muslim rulers cut up their babies and put them around the women;s neck...

veerji.. think about those women.. and kids.. and men who got cut up by saws.. just so they could keep their hair.. and not be oppressed..

this is our identity.. we are soldiers... we cant hide in this world..

if someone has pictures of the atrocities commited towards us.. please post them..

charkhri1.jpg

shaheedi9.jpg

bmati.jpg

matidas.jpg

Do it for them veerji.. they paid such a high price..