Will only having un-cut hair make u Sikh??

honey81online

Personally i don't really know why did Guru Gobind Sahib asked for 5 piyarays to take amrit, I've been told different stories..... if it was that important for a Sikh to take Amrit why wasn't it clearly written in the SGGS My GURU, why am i faced with such confusion??  That i cannot seem to comprehend.  Sometimes i get tired of thinking and just want to not think nemore,  It is pointless for me to think and think only and not be able to act.  I am very lost about this Amrit.

Isnt the fact that Guru Gobind Singh himself got down on his knees and took amrit himself enough for u?

it is enough to make me want to take amrit, but it does not answer my question of what Amrit is. I will not blindly take amrit, because im told im suppose to just so i can say im a Sikh. I need to have somewhat of an understand of what Amrit is. Taking Amrit is not and should not be taken just so i can have the lable of being a Sikh, i feel being a Sikh is deeper.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Amrit is deeper as well.. amrit is not just some water you splash on you.. its not the same thing you swim in at harmandir sahib either..

i have heard many many times from newly anointed sikhs that when they touched the amrit they felt a charge of electricity go through them.. amrit has so much power in it... it has the power of akal himself! when you take amrit you receive the gurmantar.. amrit is the key to the gate.. from there you must take steps of following rehat.. without rehat its like pouring milk into a strainer.. your rehat is a pot under that strainer to hold your bhagti in..

naam bina maattee sangh raleeaa.. without naam everything is just mixed in with dirt..

What's Amrit? Bhai Randheer Singh jee wrote a tract titled 'Amrit kee hai.' It answered many of my questions. There is an english translation available online at akj.org. It's titled, 'The meaning of Sikh Baptism.' It's definitely worth reading.

One thing is for sure. Guru Gobind Singh Jee didn't prepare khanday kee pahul just for fun. Also, pahul was administered from the time of Guru Nanak Dev Jee. Did our guru's just start this as some empty ritual, just some pakhand? Without khanday kee pahul, there is no sikh. Read Bhai Nand Lal Jee's writings, they explain this quite clearly. If we don't understand this, or find this notion not in line with gurbanee, then we aren't looking properly.

When we say that Guru Granth Saahib Jee is our guru and we will only follow this (in the context of perhaps denying khalsa rehits), we forget one thing. The gurgadee was given to Guru Granth Saahib Jee by Guru Gobind Singh Jee. They gave the Granth Saahib the Guru Ship and declared it as our Guru. If we have faith in that, then why don't we have faith in Guru Gobind Singh Jee's other hukams?

If we see contradictions between Gurbanee and concepts such as physical amrit, then there can be two options. Either Guru Gobind Singh Jee didn't quite understand the concept of amrit when they prepared khanday kee pahul, as well as Bhai Gurdaas Jee, Guru Nanak Dev Jee in giving Charan pahul, Bhai Nand Lal Singh Goya and the various others who mentioned the importance of amrit, or there is a problem in our understanding. (The fact that Pahul was given has been documented and is pretty much beyond debate).

I'm not t

rying to attack anyone for asking this question. It's a valid question. I suggest reading the article I mentioned above as it has more answers than we can provide on this forum. There are many other articles on this topic as well. If anyone knows of any good ones, please list them.

Vaahiguru Jee Kaa Khalsa

Vaahiguru Jee Kee Fateh!!

Waheguroo ji ka khalsa !

Waheguroo ji ki fateh !

The internal amrit and the external amrit. I think one must know and understand the procedure of preparing the “khande ki pahul”.

By taking ordinary water in a bowl of “sarbloh” the procedure starts to make amrit.

Then the “panj pyare” sit around it by keeping their one hand on the bowl and the other on the handle of “khanda”.

They all chanting one by one “japuji sahib”, “jaap sahib”, “swayya sahib”, “chopai sahib” & “anand sahib” and steering the “khanda” in the water kept in the “sarbloh bowl”.

They all are well prepared and pure - physically, mentally and spiritually.

I don’t understand why one want to define the internal amrit and the external amrit, even if he knows the procedure of preparing the “AMRIT”

Is there no “AMRIT” of “SHABAD” in the “AMRIT” of “BAPTISM” when these five banies steered well in it ?

Second thing, about "Kesh". This is the sign Guru GObind SIngh Ji Sachche Patshah given us as the sign of bravery. It rests on the top of human body and can never be hiden any way. Also it reminds us our pledge to Almighty Waheguroo Ji that we will surrender the "human body" to him in original just like he gifted it to us.