Child Abuse

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa, Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh!

In the opinion of the sikh youth I would like to ask:

If you u knew someone that was getting beat by their parents mostly everyday and they even got to the point that they wanted to kill them selfs what would you do?!?

relpy back asap Thank You!

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa, Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh!

If you know someone who is talking about killing them self and you think that they are even remotely serious, encourage the person to talk to a counsellor at school or in the community remind them that it is confidential.

If the person refuses, you may wish to tell them that you will talk to a counsellor on their behalf if they don't because it is an issue of that person harming themselves. This is up to you and your ethics. If I thought someone may seriously harm themselves, I would do it and deal with the consequences later. The counsellor may be obligated to report this if he or she believes that the person will be harming themselves.

If the person specifies a plan for harming themselves, get help immediately.

OHHH DA ANGER I FEEL WHEN I HEAR ABOUT THIS >>>> :) :doh: :wub:

ARGGGGGGG i feel like HURTING someone.... v1.gifv2.gif :<Edited>: ...

i know its wrong but if i saw someone do dat i would give them da biggest lapard indian taste they ever felted in their sorry life.... :doh: .... expecially the men and their attitude/treatement with their wives and women in general :doh: .....

.... but contacting local authorities and or relatives is the best bet........

It is totally abhorrent to beat up anyone let alone your own children.But one needs to put all this in prospective before taking drastic action. Some points to ponder :

1. If we are aware of any violence in a sikh family we must not close our eyes. They Guru Ji's family need our help not just the child.

2. We must approach the relatives and see if the issues can be addressed and discussed within the family. If there is no progress the family should be informed that the sangat ( we should have sub committes in Gurdwaras to deal with such issues) from the the Gurdwara they attend will be coming to their house and if they do not conform they will be spoken to at the Gurdwara( if they attend). That will bring the matter in the public dome and the family would be embarrassed by such action taken by the sangat.

3. The family in need our part of our wider family and the community must deal with these issues and find resolutions.

4. the Gurdwaras must get involved and impose sanctions upon such families and place them on the notice board and announce them in the congregation. The name and shame tactic should work as a positive tool.

5. The sangat chosen by the Gurdwara should monitor the situation and provide continous support.

6. Only if all means fail we should consider reporting matters to social services. The authorities are not there to help sikh families and apply the western ideology to all families and have formulas which would not be practical to a sikh family. Yes they would provide short term cover /protection for the child and may split up families.

7. Long term solutions must be found by our own community.

8. Every situation in a family is very different and there is no one set of rules or formulae that applies equally. A simple adjustment may only be required rather than complicating matters.