Parkarma

Sony

some one told me that nihangs singhs do it right to left as this is goin against the circle of death, so not kaal but represting akaal

jus some thoughts, n about kirpan n figthing if parkarma was done rigth to left u would have not problem sorting out an attacker, as its natural to turn right n face him, but if u do it left to rigth wen u turn round ur facing maharaj

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i don't think its a REQUIREMENT to do parkarma as well... but like others said b4, its a sign of respect... i like the idea that one'a the other singhs pointed out about guru jee being the centre of the universe.... and also about the point about alwayz being ready to defend guru jee with ur shastars.... i never really thought about doin parkarma myself... but thinkin bout these points, i think i mite start... thanx guyz... :doh:

I am surprised to see the mocking going on in this thread. Any action we do to show respect to Guru Sahib can not be analyzed and made fun of. Just because you don't do it doesn't make it wrong. If you are mocking taking Parkarmas then why not say that all Sikh weddings are joke as well. If you don't understand something or if you don't follow it, don't mock it.

Vaheguru Ji Ka Khalsa

Vaheguru Ji Ki Fateh

I am surprised to see the mocking going on in this thread.  Any action we do to show respect to Guru Sahib can not be analyzed and made fun of.  Just because you don't do it doesn't make it wrong.  If you are mocking taking Parkarmas then why not say that all Sikh weddings are joke as well.  If you don't understand something or if you don't follow it, don't mock it.

Vaheguru Ji Ka Khalsa

Vaheguru Ji Ki Fateh

103014[/snapback]

:doh:

One of the reasons for parkarma is that it brings you in close infinity to Guru Ji. When one mutha teks its not long enough to do darshan and by doing parkarma an extra few minutes are shared nearer to SGGS JI and also it is respectful.

Also when one mutha teks the purpose is to ask for blessing to wash away our bad karma. So we are doning a karma when mutha tekna. When we do PAR KARMA we are asking for higher blessings and by going in a circular motion indicates we are asking for our dirt to be removed attached during the previous life circles.

why does the moon circle the earth and theplanets circle the sun? Its creating an energy by flowing in the circular direction. Likewise when we do Parkarma energy is created which bonds us to Guru JI , just like the moon bonds the earth and the planets to the sun.

As for starting from the left or right we should follow from the left as that appears to be the long standing practice and one assumes is right. If some when the other way imagine the collisions! and that would become disrespectful.