Sikh Fanatics Vow to storm wedding

PSD

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sat Sri Akal:

You know, this reporter must either have bad intentions or is really retarded.  You make an article calling Sikh extremists right after the London Bombings and post a picture of a Sikh on the article labeling him as an extremist.  You gotta have no brain or a rotten one not to realize the implications of this article given the timing.

Also, who is this Bains dude?  Yes, let us all take Guru Granth Sahib to a bar and do some parchar.  Guru Granth Sahib may be for the entire world to have Darshan of, but the Sikhs are the caretakers of their Guru.  When Guru Sahib's horse did not pass through a tobacco field, shall the Sikhs be so stupid to do what Guru Sahib's horse would not?  Have some common sense before speaking, especially given the current situation in London.

108983[/snapback]

Agreed :doh:

Most of those who claim to be Sikhs and work in media have no moral limits... and are clearly anything but Sikh. E.g that wench and so called playwrite Gurpreet Bhatti and what she wrote and did, I heard she's having several relationships like a dieased <admin-profanity filter activated> with random guys..... no sharam at all...and her family doesnt either for supporting her actions.... but wot goes around comes around and these type of ppl will learn only when their heart yearns to go to the gurdwara and get kicked out for insulting Sikhi, the Guru sahib's and the sangat for their disgraceful conduct.

Actually we should form a list of all those who pretend to be Sikhs and malign the faith. Have their pictures up on a website or something so we can bar them from the community and the Sikh institutions as a punishment as we can do without those type of people in our faith.

info on one amardeep bassey

Campaigners call for reporter's release

A French-based organisation which campaigns for journalists rights has called for the release of a Midlands reporter who is being held in Pakistan.

Amardeep Bassey, 29, from Wolverhampton, is being held in Landi Kotal prison near Peshawar in north-western Pakistan.

He was arrested on Friday for failing to have an exit visa when crossing into the country from a Foreign Office trip to visit British peacekeeping troops in Afghanistan.

Mr Bassey, who works for the Birmingham-based Sunday Mercury newspaper, originally faced allegations of spying but they were later dropped.

'Grotesque accusations'

On Thursday, Paris based Reporters sans frontiers (RSF) - Reporters without borders - called for the immediate release of Mr Bassey and accused the Pakistani authorities of "discriminating" against journalists of Indian origin.

Robert Menard, secretary general of the RSF, said: "Once again, a reporter of Indian origin has been arrested by the Pakistani security services on a ridiculous pretext.

"The accusations of spying were grotesque, and indicate discrimination against journalists of Indian origin."

RSF campaigns for press freedom and works to release journalists who have been jailed abroad.

On Wednesday, a journalist who visited Mr Bassey said that he was being held in a lock-up with 56 other temporary prisoners at an army base in Landi Kotal.

The journalist said that Mr Bassey had received food and fresh clothes from the friends and family of two guides he was travelling with at the time of his arrest.

"He is allowed daily exercise in a heavily-guarded enclosed area.

"He has been given blankets and sleeps on the floor at night," he added.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/1990841.stm

I'd give amardeep bassey the benefit of doubt as he has written some good articles concerning Sikhs which can be viewed online. Maybe we should email him and explain to him why this respect campaign is needed.

109009[/snapback]

ive tried!! the email dusnt work. i tried mrn.co.uk dusnt exist. trieds msn.co.uk but dusnt exist either. no.gif it wa sa lng email ji shall i show u wot i wrote n u lot improve it n send it ? :TH:

ive tried!! the email dusnt work. i tried mrn.co.uk dusnt exist. trieds msn.co.uk but dusnt exist either.  no.gif it wa sa lng email ji shall i show u wot i wrote n u lot improve it n send it ? :TH:

109021[/snapback]

The address amardeep_bassey@mrn.co.uk didnt bounce for me when I sent a probe mail.

If that was the one you tried - might be worth trying again.

ive tried!! the email dusnt work. i tried mrn.co.uk dusnt exist. trieds msn.co.uk but dusnt exist either.  no.gif it wa sa lng email ji shall i show u wot i wrote n u lot improve it n send it ? :TH:

109021[/snapback]

The address amardeep_bassey@mrn.co.uk didnt bounce for me when I sent a probe mail.

If that was the one you tried - might be worth trying again.

109028[/snapback]

haha yeh fanx i ffrogt the "_" blush.gif

heres the loooong email i wrote by using SS email address.

Hi Amardeep,

I have read your article and it seems to me that you are really not aware of the work by the youth of "Respect for Guru Ji" Campaign. We seen them working hard to bring full respect to our Guru sahib, Sri guru granth sahib ji. They are doing good job, but its very sad that they are now being called fanatics and extremist by Western Media. From your article its even more hard to digust. If you had any questions regarding their work or wanted to know anything particular about them, you should have contact them. Let me know, if you still want to talk to them.

To be truthful your article offended lots of youth and brings more negative eyes on our community. Not sure whether you are turban wearing sikh or not but articles like this only brings negative attitude from non-sikh community and even risk of being beaten down by ignorant thugs. Sure you will get few praise from your workplace for having more liberal attitude but when dealing with religious issues, one need to be careful and should have full knowledge about Sikh social, political history.

Another comment is the timing of this article. Why you chose this article only after few days of Londom attack? It really amaze me. Below is the another viewpoint of sikh youth:

"""This reporter must either have bad intentions or is really retarded. You make an article calling Sikh extremists right after the London Bombings and post a picture of a Sikh on the article labeling him as an extremist. You gotta have no brain or a rotten one not to realize the implications of this article given the timing.

Yes, let us all take Guru Granth Sahib to a bar and do some parchar. Guru Granth Sahib may be for the entire world to have Darshan of, but the Sikhs are the caretakers of their Guru. When Guru Sahib's horse did not pass through a tobacco field, shall the Sikhs be so stupid to do what Guru Sahib's horse would not? Have some common sense before speaking, especially given the current situation in London."""

Hope you understand the concerns of your fellow neighbors. Next time you might want to choose less harsh words to represent your brothers and sisters. Spreading hatred for personal reasons (?) is wrong moral while in journalism field. I wish you to stay in Chardi Kala Spirits & May waheguru ji guide you !