A Message For The Preachers...

When I was 13, I was at a gurdwara and was being told to take amrit by a person i dont even know! I am now 15 and am still being preached too by people and am seeing it around me. I want to say now, PLEASE dont do that. It just angers people.

You may ask why im here, and its basically to gain experience around religious people and learn a fair bit. I'm an athiest born into a sikh family.

I would like to hear everyone's opinion on this...

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If Guru Nanak Dev Ji, Jesus Christ, and other Messengers of God did not preach, what would be of the world today?

Just because you don't believe in God, does not mean there is no God. There is a God...you want proof?...look in the mirror...don't you see that there is an obvious design in your body? The way your body works is amazing. You have eyes to see, a brain to think, you need food and water to live...HAVE YOU EVER THOUGHT ABOUT WHO THOUGHT OF THIS CONCEPT? It didn't just come out of nowhere. God designed the earth, the sun, animals, plants, and everything has a design behind it...Who ever thought that you would have 2 eyes, 1 nose, legs arms, a mouth to put food into...who thought of all this...EVERYTHING HAS A DESIGN, AND EVERY DESIGN HAS A DESIGNER BEHIND IT.

i don't get it... who's preaching ..??

what one person sees as preachin might actually just be sum1 explaing... what u see as preaching might be diff from what i see as preaching... don't get me wrong, i do agreee wit u that some people preach more then others or more then they should... but... what do YOU see as preaching..?... us talkin bout sikhi and explaing why we do things and wht makes us sikhs doesn't seem like preaching... stating what we are to do to become on the path of sikhi is not preaching... but continually telling sum1 to do somethin is (imho) preaching... u might think kattha is preaching.. i dunno... i guess it is... but... not all preaching is bad... it just depends on the persons intent and how YOU take it... some preaching is even good... but.. when it comes down to it.. as long as u practice wht u preach...

ISAAC NEWTON himself said God exists. How? Look at ur fingers. Fingerprint. each n every perosn has diff fingerprint. dat must takea disgner not a chemical reaction! lol n i took this example coz im gessing u too much into science which takes u away from God (lyk science v's religion) but yeh Guru Ji's are actually proved right by science! if u want mroe info abt this plz reply :) im sure veerjis n penjis woudl want 2 elaborate on this

anyways its ur choice 2 follow to u lyk.. but it was our duty to show u the truth :doh:

WJKK WJKF...

i took a bunch of stuff out of the Sikhi and Science ppt... here it is...

The more you read Guru Granth Sahib Ji, the more you will see that everything in Guru Granth Sahib Ji is the absolute truth and that science is still catching up to the knowledge that Guru Granth Sahib ji contains...

Sikhi isnt a blind faith, so for sure look into what Guru Ji says, and you will see it is all true... if you test it out for yourself and see just how true Guru Ji is, it will strengthen our faith in Guru Ji and Sikhi...

heres some examples of Sikhi and Science below...

In this book ‘Gurbani And Science its concluded that Akaal purkh is not a person, but a conscious energy; Complete Energy that is motionless and formless and thus called formless being. However when this acquires Vibrational motion there is transformational manifestation into creation. “Avall allah noor upayeya kudrat ke sabh banday, ek noor te sabh jag upjeya kaun bhalay ko manday”

about Energy... "True Lord created air that formed into water. From water are created all the three worlds, each being bestowed with a Divine-Spark, soul being.[19]"

its only energy that is spread over as gamma rays of one trillionth meter wave length up to radio waves of 1000km wave length and many other intermediary waves. We read in Sukhmani Sahib “Spread is the timeless being in the form of limitless waves” Ashtpadi 9. Gurbani hints that ‘Pawan is an element and ‘Jal’ is a compund. This Akal purkh started the formation of elements and different elements combined to form compounds. Element and compounds brought about creation of All Three Worlds, ‘Tirbhawan’. The conclusion is that the formless being, manifesting in a form appears as light that passes into developing constituents of atoms, molecules, elements, and compounds to create the Universe. Every bit of creation is bestowed with the Divine Light. The universe is therefore, manifested Form of Formless being.

The Big Bang Theory...

What was that time, and what was that moment?

What was that day, and what was that date?

What was that season, and what was that month, when the Universe was created?

The answer provided is: “Phase of moon or day is known not to Yogis or the season or month. Only the creator Lord of universal creation knows about it.”

Now this is proven by what scientists say...

Several scientific theories prove this:

In the very beginning, there was a void, a curious form of vacuum, a nothingness containing no space, no time, no matter, no light, no sound. Yet the laws of nature were in place and this curious vacuum held potential. A story logically begins at the beginning, but this story is about the universe and unfortunately there are no data for the very beginnings--none, zero. We don't know anything about the universe until it reaches the mature age of a billion of a trillionth of a second.

More examples...

For many ages, only darkness prevailed;

the infinite, endless Lord was absorbed in the primal void.

In the Primal Void, the Infinite Lord assumed His Power

He Himself is unattached, infinite and incomparable

He Himself exercised His Creative Power, and He gazes upon His creation; from the Primal Void, He formed the Void.

From this Primal Void, He fashioned air and water.

He created the universe, and the king in the fortress of the body.

Your Light pervades fire, water and souls; Your Power rests in the Primal Void.

From this Primal Void, Brahma, Vishnu and Shiva issued forth

This Primal Void is pervasive throughout all the ages

That humble being who contemplates this state is perfect; meeting with him, doubt is dispelled.

From this Primal Void, the seven seas were established.

The One who created them, Himself contemplates them.

That human being who becomes Gurmukh, who bathes in the pool of Truth, is not cast into the womb of reincarnation again.

From this Primal Void, came the moon, the sun and the earth.

His Light pervades all the three worlds.

The Lord of this Primal Void is unseen, infinite and immaculate; He is absorbed in the Primal Trance of Deep Meditation.

From this Primal Void, the earth and the Akaashic Ethers were created

He supports them without any visible support, by exercising His True Power.

He fashioned the three worlds, and the rope of Maya; He Himself creates and destroys.

From this Primal Void, came the four sources of creation, and the power of speech

They were created from the Void, and they will merge into the Void

The Supreme Creator created the play of Nature; through the Word of His Shabad, He stages His Wondrous Show. ||

From this Primal Void, He made both night and day; creation and destruction, pleasure and pain.

The Infinite Lord Himself created the creation. Everyone acts as You make them act, Lord.

Your Power is diffused through the three gunas: raajas, taamas and satva

Through egotism, they suffer the pains of birth and death.

Those blessed by His Grace become Gurmukh; they attain the fourth state, and are liberated. \From the Primal Void, the ten incarnations welled up.

Creating the Universe, He made the expanse

Both bad and good are written on the forehead, the seeds of vice and virtue. ||14

The True Guru, the Primal Being, is sublime and detached

Attuned to the Word of the Shabad, He is intoxicated with the sublime essence of the Lord.

Riches, intellect, miraculous spiritual powers and spiritual wisdom are obtained from the Guru; through perfect destiny, they are received. ||15

This mind is so in love with Maya

Only a few are spiritually wise enough to understand and know this

In hope and desire, egotism and skepticism, the greedy man acts falsely. ||16

From the True Guru, contemplative meditation is obtained

And then, one dwells with the True Lord in His celestial home, the Primal State of Absorption in Deepest Samaadhi.

O Nanak, the immaculate sound current of the Naad, and the Music of the Shabad resound; one merges into the True Name of the Lord. ||17||5||17||

Planets and Galaxies...

Many millions are the fields of creation and the galaxies. Ang 276

There are worlds upon worlds oh his creation, as he commands so they exist. ang 8[/quote

Moon, Sun, Stars

Many million are the moons suns and stars and 275

Solar System...

In the galaxies and solar systems, nether regions, celestial realms and the three worlds, the Lord is in the primal void of deep absorption[... ang 1023

The 5 Elements (Fire, Water, Air, Land, Life)

The Lord Himself directs the evolution of the world of the five elements; He Himself infuses the five senses into it.

Evolultion ang935

Shattering and breaking apart, He creates and re-creates; creating, He shatters again. He builds up what He has demolished, and demolishes what He has built.

He dries up the pools which are full, and fills the dried tanks again. He is all-powerful and independent.

Life originates from rocks...

Sikhi and Science say that life originated from rocks! Unlike most other religions which believe that God directly made Humans! Many scientists would agree with the view of Guru sahib.

sYl pQr mih jMq aupwey qw kw irjku AwgY kir DirAw ]1]From rocks and stones, He created the living beings, and He places before them their sustenance. ||1||

Creation of Humans..

Unlike the other major religions Sikhi says that Humans are created from the union of the sperm and the egg! Science agrees with Sikhi!

Through the union of mother and father, the fetus is formed. The egg and sperm join together to make the body.
ang1014
The body is a wall of water, supported by the pillars of air; the egg and sperm are the mortar

The framework is made up of bones, flesh and veins; the poor soul-bird dwells within it. ||1||

and 659

The human body...

This fragile body-fortress is made up of water, plastered with blood and wrapped in skin.SGGS - 1354

The earth is round..

Paradise, the earth, the nether regions of the underworld, and the globe of the world - all are engrossed in Maya.

The moon reflects light...

In the Fear of God, the sun shines, and in the Fear of God, the moon reflects.

||They travel millions of miles, endlessly.

The universe is expanding...

By His Hukam, the Expanse of the Universe is expanded. By His Hukam, they enjoy pleasures. ang 760

So many times, He has expanded His expansion. ang 276

Extra terrestrials...

There are beings and creatures in the water and on the land, in the worlds and universes, form upon form.Guru Nanak Dev Ji 466

WJKK WJKF

i see preaching as people telling me waht to think and do, and trying to convince me.

If Guru Nanak Dev Ji, Jesus Christ, and other Messengers of God did not preach, what would be of the world today?

Just because you don't believe in God, does not mean there is no God.  There is a God...you want proof?...look in the mirror...don't you see that there is an obvious design in your body?  The way your body works is amazing.  You have eyes to see, a brain to think, you need food and water to live...HAVE YOU EVER THOUGHT ABOUT WHO THOUGHT OF THIS CONCEPT?  It didn't just come out of nowhere.  God designed the earth, the sun, animals, plants, and everything has a design behind it...Who ever thought that you would have 2 eyes, 1 nose, legs arms, a mouth to put food into...who thought of all this...EVERYTHING HAS A DESIGN, AND EVERY DESIGN HAS A DESIGNER BEHIND IT.

112507[/snapback]

THAT is preaching