Should They Be Allowed To Wear The Kara

hardykaur

If this is the case then shouldn't those sikhs who drink,smoke, have sex outside of marriage etc etc also not be allowed to wear a kara.

At the end of the day i believe that being sikh is not a religious purpose but a fashion today.

Young ppl wear a kara which  probably weighs a tun but not follow the religion at all!!!!! :)

So maybe wearing the kara no longer is a sikh hting. I personally think that is way out of oprder and a sign of disrespect to sikhi no.gif

112813[/snapback]

No they shudnt wear the kara. If they disrespect it, cut their damn off as the whole point is to remind u to stop doing bad things. Well if that aint workin then do what the old school nihang babas do in india, jst cut their hand off!

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Sorry, for all those of you who think its ok, you really dnt have that much respect for the Kara at all. Sorry but it has to be said. I know some sikhs who wont put the Kara on as its kakkar! They say we dnt have the right to wear the gift of Guru Gobind SIngh Ji, which is so widely handed out as a fashion statement! But u guys will allow them to wear!?!? Sort out ur sikhi priorites!! Talk about RSS, this the samething!!!!!! Ur giving kakkar out and sayin to someone tell the person what it is if they ask. So if they ask, and they dnt know what to say, they blagg it. Simple as. Therefore mis interpreation of SIKHI!"

:)

This is evident in India where Biharis are keeping kesh and when they demolished the babri Masjid the VHp RSS had these bihari keshadari hindus join in the demolition of a Mosque and this resulted in backlash against several Gurdwaras because Muslims aw this as Sikhs helping Hindus destroy their house of worship which is completely against Sikhi.

If a sikh is on the path and is learning Gurbani an dso forth wearing of a kara is fine but if we are just giving them out as gifts to our freinds then isn't the gift from Guru sahib being belittled? I mean why did Guru Sahib give these 5 gifts anyways? I think it was for the people who dedicated their tan and man to guru sahib and i know some monai sikhs wear karas and if they ar on the path and at elast believe in the 10 Gurus and SGGs then it is all good but a muslim to has no belief in the Gurus ora hindu which owes allegiance to devis and devtas, what's the point of a kara on them?

Sorry, for all those of you who think its ok, you really dnt have that much respect for the Kara at all. Sorry but it has to be said. I know some sikhs who wont put the Kara on as its kakkar! They say we dnt have the right to wear the gift of Guru Gobind SIngh Ji, which is so widely handed out as a fashion statement! But u guys will allow them to wear!?!? Sort out ur sikhi priorites!! Talk about RSS, this the samething!!!!!! Ur giving kakkar out and sayin to someone tell the person what it is if they ask. So if they ask, and they dnt know what to say, they blagg it. Simple as. Therefore mis interpreation of SIKHI!

"A Kara on a Muslim wrist is nothing more than a piece of metal. Simple. Stop worrying about it and learn to improve yourself in the face of Sihki."

Dnt think we do my friend, maybe you need to understand the importance of kakkar first?

Like its for all those too, who wear like 5 karra. Why? What reason are u wearing? I wear a plain sarbloh one as instructed by Panj Singh. The kara i have had on for the last 4yrs which i never take off. Then i keep my larger Shastar Kara too, but they serve a purpose. Not jst to look kool and make clangy noises. If you gona wear a chakar kara, sharpen it and learn to use it. If you gona wear the mala style, use it. if you gona wear big heavy kara, appreciate the purpose of it.

Are you so narrow minded?

A kara on a Muslim wrist cannot be classified as a "kara" or share the importance of kakkar. You failed to realize the deeper meaning of my statement "it's nothing more than a piece of metal" on a Muslim wrist.

The gift of Guru Gobind Singh Ji was handed down for Sikhs to wear. If a Muslim wears something similar to that, what problem do you have with it? Understand they are Muslims and not Sikhs. Therefore, you cannot attach any religious value to the kara-like object they wear. If you were so devoted to this religion you shouldn't even be identifying the object on a Muslim wrist as a kara, because it's plainly obvious that a kara is a kara for a devoted Sikh.

I wear a metal bracelet on my wrist. I don't consider a kara because I am not a devoted Sikh. It is a fashion statement more than anything, or something cultural. Instead of complaining about Muslims insulting the "kara", you all should be worrying about the Punjabi alcoholics who devalue this object.

Like I said earlier, think about yourself first how you can improve in the eyes of God.

Are we going to go after the white majority next and accuse them of wearing white pajama's under their pants?

Paaji/Paanji, your ignorance amuses me.

- Sunny

Gurfateh...Well, sangat Ji , i m flabbergasted at all dis posts....

ok....A muslim wearin a kara?? Yup, ill feel funny if i were to c 1..But then again, Sunny is right too....B4 u point ur finger at members of other races, we should all see how much Sikh youths today value da kara as a kakaar...I hv seen COUNTLESS Sikh youths ( boys n gals alike ) who wear a kara n even hv a dastar but these same ppl smoke n consume alcohol...They treat kara nothin more than a must-wear-religious-symbol as preordained by their older generation...Then y do we ignorantly point fingers at others when the members of our own race r NOT respecting da kara??? Y r we so blatantly accusing others on da name of Sikhi when we ourselves or our other brothers n sisters fail to respect da kakaars???

Plz, sangat Ji....Do not use our Guru Ji as a means of us expressing our dislike n prohibitance over muslims wearin a kara...Mind u , i DO fully understand the importance of a kakaar....But yet i c our own youths dishonouring it n doing beadbi to the kara...Preach only when ur sure tht our own youths abide by the rehet maryada....Remember, accusing others n questioning them is to no avail...It is MORE important tht we address issues of raising awareness about the importance of kara among our youths 1st....rather then focusing on other members of different race...

I hope i didn offend anyone...

Bhul Chuk Maaf Karni Ji...Bakshlaina...

~ Na Ko Muurakh Na Ko Siyana, Wartey Sabh Kich Tera Bhana~

Gurfateh..

ok let's face reality and calm the philosophy down a notch:

fact: yes there are many "sikhs" who drink and so forth and wear a Kara.

Fact: there are like 700,000 sikhs in england yet many british people have no clue as to who Sikhs are thus the backlash against Sikhs.

Fact: same goes in America where after 9/11 a sikh was actually shot and killed while hundreds have been beaten severely.

Fact: Muslims are in the news 24-7. Even where they are a minority, they are still always shown.

fact: Hindus always get on TV somehow even if their are more sikhs in england.

so in conclusion, when one of these crazy pakis blows himself up and they got pics and video of them wearing karas, well now sikhs hav etwo things they have to clear up with teh gorreh first the turban nd now the kara.

how many of you have cried and cried about how the sikh turban is different than the muslim ones that those <banned word filter activated> terrorists are wearing?!

now you people can defend the kara as well, hey this is different than the one mohammad wore when he blew up that train!

come on man wake up, sometimes you people get so philisophical that you lose all sense of reality.

If you want muslims wearing karas then fine, just add it to the list of things people are confusing you for.

fateh.

It should be pretty clear to everyone by now that muslims esp their young, are now trying to hide behind other communities so that when they gonna get screwed, they can easily shout 'racism' and what not ?

Esp since it seems to me that this whole 'Asian' movement in UK seems specifically an idea of the pakis to protect themselves from any backlash by hiding behind other communities.

Now they have taken to wearing the kara and as mklq said, it will prove to be more difficult esp for Sikhs to seperate themselves from the pakis.

Sikhs come mostly from Punjab, the pakis will say 'hey we also come from there'.

Sikhs will say not some of us are keshdhari and wear turbans and some of us are monay or cleanshaven, the pakis will say 'hey we also do similar stuff, mulleh wear beards and keep turban and others are clean shaven'.

Now in come the karas, the pakis will say, 'hey we wear them too', only thing is we have 789 on em.

NOW KEEPING THIS BACKGROUND IN MIND TRY EXPLAINING THE SITUATION TO AN AVG WORKING-CLASS BRIT/AMERICAN ??

THEIR MOST LIKELY RESPONSE, "KICK OUT THE BOTH OF EM".

If there are people here who are terribly enthused by this prospect and are still overflowing with human love and emotions, feel free to support the new 'Kara wearing muslim'.

It should be pretty clear to everyone by now that muslims esp their young, are now trying to hide behind other communities so that when they gonna get screwed, they can easily shout 'racism' and what not ?

Esp since it seems to me that this whole 'Asian' movement in UK seems specifically an idea of the pakis to protect themselves from any backlash by hiding behind other communities.

Now they have taken to wearing the kara and as mklq said, it will prove to be more difficult esp for Sikhs to seperate themselves from the pakis.

Sikhs come mostly from Punjab, the pakis will say 'hey we also come from there'.

Sikhs will say not some of us are keshdhari and wear turbans and some of us are monay or cleanshaven, the pakis will say 'hey we also do similar stuff, mulleh wear beards and keep turban and others are clean shaven'.

Now in come the karas, the pakis will say, 'hey we wear them too', only thing is we have 789 on em.

NOW KEEPING THIS BACKGROUND IN MIND TRY EXPLAINING THE SITUATION TO AN AVG WORKING-CLASS BRIT/AMERICAN ??

THEIR MOST LIKELY RESPONSE, "KICK OUT THE BOTH OF EM".

If there are people here who are terribly enthused by this prospect and are still overflowing with human love and emotions, feel free to support the new 'Kara wearing muslim'.

112995[/snapback]

Thank you!!

Someone else is able to see the MISTAKEN IDENTITY BEING PORTRAYED AGAIN TO SIKHS!! Like we dnt already have enough problems!! Now if this av person bout to attack was to take the time to check the "bracelet" then yeh, sikhs mite be safe BUT then 2 things, 1, they dnt have the brain cells. 2, muslims will jst wear the plain ones sikhs wear.