Should They Be Allowed To Wear The Kara

hardykaur

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sat Sri Akal:

A Kara is only a Kara when a Sikh wears it.  If a Muslim wears a steel/iron bangle, then it is just that...a bangle.

Now, whose confoozed... wacko.gif

112743[/snapback]

A kara is a kara given by Guru Gobind Singh therefore no matter what light u shine on it, its Still a kara.

Is a Kirpan given to a serial killer a Kirpan or is it just another tool?

Is a kachera jst another pair of boxers?

Is a Khanga really a Khangi?

The fifth kakkar is debatable therefore no need to go into it. But the rest are all objects that clearly identify a sikh from any other person therefore if a kara is not worn by a sikh, its still a kara.

i remember when my grandparents went to india in 1997, they went to sachkhand sri hazur sahib nanded for the first time. they brought 2 karas back, one which contained a kara with the numbers 789 (a muslim holy number i think).

are you sure this was actually a proper sikh kara? and maybe its not something else?

well anyway, if a sikh was caught wearing a topi or hijaab, he'd be killed by muslims.

why arent we doing the same? grin.gif

gustaphi maaf

i remember when my grandparents went to india in 1997, they went to sachkhand sri hazur sahib nanded for the first time. they brought 2 karas back, one which contained a kara with the numbers 789 (a muslim holy number i think).

are you sure this was actually a proper sikh kara? and maybe its not something else?

well anyway, if a sikh was caught wearing a topi or hijaab, he'd be killed by muslims.

why arent we doing the same?  grin.gif

gustaphi maaf

112774[/snapback]

exactly!!

so all u girls, put on the hijab yeh!!! it looks really kool!! so on it shud go! will make you look so pretty!

and the guys!! on goes ur topi!! mite aswel, since we all love wearing baseball caps etc why not where a muslim hat too?? Again, they have some really facny styles!!! lets use them!!!

Its obvious why they wear a kara, think about it, ONE to get a sikh girl in a club, they dnt drink neway therefore use the excuse the kara is their to stop them. Ie beadbi of kakkar no?

TWO, those idiots keep bombing places up and dnt wona take the crap for it, the kara they can blagg being a sikh and therefore prob avoid being picked up by cops or paki bashers targeting muslims.

Sorry, for all those of you who think its ok, you really dnt have that much respect for the Kara at all. Sorry but it has to be said. I know some sikhs who wont put the Kara on as its kakkar! They say we dnt have the right to wear the gift of Guru Gobind SIngh Ji, which is so widely handed out as a fashion statement! But u guys will allow them to wear!?!? Sort out ur sikhi priorites!! Talk about RSS, this the samething!!!!!! Ur giving kakkar out and sayin to someone tell the person what it is if they ask. So if they ask, and they dnt know what to say, they blagg it. Simple as. Therefore mis interpreation of SIKHI!

"A Kara on a Muslim wrist is nothing more than a piece of metal. Simple. Stop worrying about it and learn to improve yourself in the face of Sihki."

Dnt think we do my friend, maybe you need to understand the importance of kakkar first?

Like its for all those too, who wear like 5 karra. Why? What reason are u wearing? I wear a plain sarbloh one as instructed by Panj Singh. The kara i have had on for the last 4yrs which i never take off. Then i keep my larger Shastar Kara too, but they serve a purpose. Not jst to look kool and make clangy noises. If you gona wear a chakar kara, sharpen it and learn to use it. If you gona wear the mala style, use it. if you gona wear big heavy kara, appreciate the purpose of it.

These are war items too, not just for spirituality, so u giving a muslim guy a big kara is gona mean when you idiots who go round beating up random ones, they will either have a now equal chance, or get mistaken to be sikh.

WJKK WJKF

If this is the case then shouldn't those sikhs who drink,smoke, have sex outside of marriage etc etc also not be allowed to wear a kara.

At the end of the day i believe that being sikh is not a religious purpose but a fashion today.

Young ppl wear a kara which probably weighs a tun but not follow the religion at all!!!!! :)

So maybe wearing the kara no longer is a sikh hting. I personally think that is way out of oprder and a sign of disrespect to sikhi no.gif

WaheGuru Ji Ka Khalsa WaheGuru Ji Ki Fateh.

If a muslim wears a kara... it shouldnt confuse sikh girls anyway because they should understand anyone can wear a kara. Just like anyone can waer a turbin (ie afghanies ect).

N im not to sure but i think in the gurbani it says somewhere that anyone can wear one of the kakars: and to call yourself a Gursikh you should wear all 5 kakaars not only one.

WaheGuru Ji Ka Khalsa WaheGuru Ji Ki Fateh.