Need Help? To Bad!

Khalsa_starr

Need help? To bad!!

By Khalsa Starr

I was in a sad mood, i recently had to move again, i needed help and advice. So what did i decided to do? How about go to the local gurdwara and get some help. After all the temple is the heart of any sikh community and you should be able to get answers on anything sikhi right? WRONG.

As i walked in to the temple (around 5 pm) i entered a large empty building, there seemd to be no one there. Then an elder came from a room nearby and looked at me. I then made my move and started explianing myself, it looked good, he seemed nice, he even smiled, then when it was his turn, he started taliing. However i coulndt understand what he was saying since he was speaking in punjabi! I couldnt do much, i jsut went to the main hall and did my stuff and left, with no answers or getting any better.

I wonder if anyone has had this experience?

I don't know if it's just my gurudwara or if this is actually happening in other temples around the world. A new sikhi, or someone from the public trying to get help or wanting to learn more, but then getting turned back because they don't know punjabi, or get downsized for not knowing all there is about sikhi. I know it happens, why are we alowing this to continue???

And BTW, it has been over 6 months since i converted to sikhi and i still can't find anyone to help me tie my dastar - i'm sure shocked!

The biggest teacher for me has been the internet... no.gif sad, just sad...

Edit: The temple is called "Guru Nanak Sikh Temple"

-khalsa starr

Vaheguru ji ka khalsa,

Vaheguru ji ki fatheh!

NO WAY! We can't let this happen to you Brother.

What you are saying is unfortunately true for a lot of gurdwaras, but you have to be part of the solution and help us improve things.

With guru's kirpa this is what we started our website for - to help the youth. Obviously we need to do much more, on the website, and in the community, in the gurdwaras. Please send your ideas and we will start working on it right away.

Please contact us at sikhyouth@shaw.ca and we will arrange somebody to meet with you and help you tie your dastaar.

Also if you have questions please e-mail us and visit our website at www.bcsikhyouth.com

Vaheguru ji ka khalsa,

Vaheguru ji ki fatheh !

the Sikh Youth of BC

BCSikhYouth.com

Sikhism | Sikh community | Sikh youth |

As i walked in to the temple (around 5 pm) i entered a large empty building, there seemd to be no one there. Then an elder came from a room nearby and looked at me. I then made my move and started explianing myself, it looked good, he seemed nice, he even smiled, then when it was his turn, he started taliing. However i coulndt understand what he was saying since he was speaking in punjabi! I couldnt do much, i jsut went to the main hall and did my stuff and left, with no answers or getting any better.

hmm, you from leicester? that sounds like one gyaani i have seen LOL.gif

anyway

I know it happens, why are we alowing this to continue???

because none of us are in the comitee :wub:

kk joke joke

And BTW, it has been over 6 months since i converted to sikhi and i still can't find anyone to help me tie my dastar - i'm sure shocked!

if you can go to ektaone.com, theres a nice section on how to tie a turban.

http://www.ektaone.com/video_turbans.php

or what you can do is this, try making friends with some of the sewadars at the langar by doing a bit of sewa (selfless service), offer to help out for an hour or two at amritvela (or when your free). make a close relationship, (and within a month or two), complement the sewadar on the beautiful paag he has done (even sing a song like "teray paag di lashkarai" or "the stars on your paag"), (get it, instead of "teray akh di lashkarai" which means the stars in your eyes, sing "teray paag di lashkarai" or "the stars in your turban" :wub: ), of course the gyaani will be flattened and you can learn from there.

where abouts do you live btw?

gustaphi maaf

make a close relationship, (and within a month or two), complement the sewadar on the beautiful paag he has done (even sing a song like "teray paag di lashkarai" or "the stars on your paag"  :wub: ), of course the gyaani will be flattened and you can learn from there.

LOL.gifLOL.gifLOL.gif

LOL

LOLS!

LOOOOOL!!

LMAO!!

LMFAO!!!

ROFL!!!

ROFLMFAO!!!!!!

JUST HILLARIOUSSSS!!! :wub: :wub: LOL.gifLOL.gif

Vaheguru ji ka khalsa,

Vaheguru ji ki fatheh!

NO WAY! We can't let this happen to you Brother.

What you are saying is unfortunately true for a lot of gurdwaras, but you have to be part of the solution and help us improve things.

waheguru ji ka khalsa waheguru ji ki fateh

yea thats so true. few of my friends and i used to talk about the way things go abot in Guru ghars..

nyhow

one of my paji was always upset about people not doing seva; cleaning the gurdwara...but they would always complain about how dirty the floor is. anyhow...then this paji started doing seva. he goes if i dont do it who else will? how can i tell other to do things that i dont do???

and he said that we these days dont see Gursdwara as our place. we see it as a place that is of someone else.

at our house if we see something that looks out of place, doesn't look right or needs to be cleaned...we get someone else from our family or jus by our self start fixing it...but why is it that at Gurudawa sahib when we see something isn't right...we start complaning rather thn steping up and take that seva. jus think for a min....may be this is the seva that my Father Mother(Guru ji) wants from u/me.

if there is no one there to talk to or ask for help at gurdwara then what does that tells us? what should be done?

bhul chuk muaff... :wub:

those aren't my words...(i hardly do any seva...usually try to stay away frm doing it...make ecuses..lol)

waheguru ji kakhalsa waheguru jiki fateh

Guest Lohgarh Singh

wjkk wjkf

khalsa star veer ji

same here brother, i asked if i cud stay at a gurudwara for my holidays i got a straight blunt answer " no no no" n a waggin finger, i wasnt even looked at wen the individual answered me.

wen i went 2 ask things on sikhi i was told 2 concentrate on naam. i didnt get any answers, now wat am i supposed 2 say wen sum1 confronts me wid a question 2 make me dought ma sikhi? hw am i gna answer dem? isnt dat wat gurudwaras r supposed 2 do? educate u about sikhi?

i got told off by the same individual for askin these questions for getting "involved in controversial issues"

wen i asked for their blessing wen i wanted 2 take amrit, they ignored wat i sed n told me off 4 wearin a big kirpan. i sed luk i hav got a small 1, i was then told off 4 wearin two kirpana

u see paji, u r not alone, i probz no more chinese dan panjabi.

i still can't find anyone to help me tie my dastar - i'm sure shocked!

The biggest teacher for me has been the internet... sad, just sad...

Don't worry man, its all gud...maharaj will have kirpa on u one day and you'll cum with this massive dumalla!!! I was quite fortunate cuz i've been shown how to wear a dastar but i forgot and just worked it out myself... one tip on how i kinda learned how to tie my dumalla was examing pics on the net and looking at how each turn is made from the laar...it's turned out perfectly fine. i've bin in contact with some Gore Sikhs and they are going to teach the sangat on how to tie different styles so u can pic n choose!! It's coming very soon on Sikhnet.com

Hope this helps!! Fateh

Need help? To bad!!

By Khalsa Starr

I was in a sad mood, i recently had to move again, i needed help and advice. So what did i decided to do? How about go to the local gurdwara and get some help. After all the temple is the heart of any sikh community and you should be able to get answers on anything sikhi right? WRONG.

I wonder if anyone has had this experience?

I don't know if it's just my gurudwara or if this is actually happening in other temples around the world. A new sikhi, or someone from the public trying to get help or wanting to learn more, but then getting turned back because they don't know punjabi, or get downsized for not knowing all there is about sikhi. I know it happens, why are we alowing this to continue???

The biggest teacher for me has been the internet...  no.gif   sad, just sad...

-khalsa starr

115407[/snapback]

noprobs

http://www.ektaone.com/video_turbans.php

u will definitely get to know it :wub:

wjkkwjkf