Amrit

hardykaur

To me taking amrit is a very serious thing. For me when i am ready to take amrit i will follow what the gurus said to the best of my ability.

Recently someone in my family took amrit.i was happy that this person had chose to join the khalsa. I had so much respect for this person but now all i feel is shame. no.gif

I heard this person saying "oh it's not strict amrit, i'm not going to wear the kirpan an i'm still going to wax" :wub:

Does each gurdwara have a different meaning of what type of amrit a person takes?

For the first time i had herd there is a different type of amrit. For me when a person takes amrit they have to obide by the 5k's or was that something someone made up.

If someone already has decided that they are not going to keep their hair should they take amrit an isn't it the panj pyare who should make sure a person is taking amrit for the right reasons or is it just a matter of how the number of people that take amrit from them.

I can understand the person saying they are not going to wear the kirpan cus i have seen alot of people wearing a neclase which has a kunga etc etc. Is that allowed?

An not keeping their hair this is a serious thing. It upsets me that a person so close to me has already decided to break their amrit only a day after taking. Actually even before taking they had decided this.

Is it right?

Are their different types of amrit?

Cus really this was a first for me.

Penji as far as i know theres only one amrit given to us by guru gobind singh ji. When i took amrit thepanj pyarey said tokeep kes from head to toe and never ever as fsar as possible don remove the kakkars. This is very weird and hurtful to hear that the above person said this and jus taken amrit :wub: @

Why pple doing diff amrit ceremonies is out of my understaning, evryone knows what happened in 1699 so why change and make adjustmens, its mad no.gif

well...its gud to hear you've got guru jis kirpa and he's blessed u with understanding our gurus teachings, gud luck penji and don let the shameless misguide or confuse you rolleyes.gif

gurfateh :TH:

Guest Sikh_Singh_Khalsa

I think that waxing that person i think she is not allowed to do but In case of Kirpan in the Maryada of akal takhat wearing kirpan all tha times is not necassry cause it says if we are in a condition or place where that land laws don't allow us to wear kirpan its ok not to wear it. but where we can wear it like on our house or malls or gurudwaras etc we have to wear it because it reminds us to be brave and helpful.

waheguroo jee kaa khalsa waheguroo jee kee phateh

maharaj's amrit is one thing whether it means akj,taksal,nihang and akaal takhat(a new jatha is born like every five minutes) amrit is amrit...panj pyarie anre the same panj pyarie as the ones in 1699

just a comment

bhulchukmaaf

waheguroo jee kaa khalsa waheguroo jee kee phateh

I know nanaksar has a different ceremony where panj pyaare just make amrit and leave it so you can amrit shakh any time

115973[/snapback]

What you mean you can take amrit by yourself? ohmy.gif

I actually was told that when you take amrit at Anandpur sahib they say that you can eat meat but not ritualised meat, as in halal.

Not that i would want to eat meat when i take amrit but i guess to some people amrit is something totally differnt to what another percieves as amrit.

vaheguru ji ka khalsa vaheguru ji ki fateh

penji,

>>>>>>I actually was told that when you take amrit at Anandpur sahib they say that you can eat meat but not ritualised meat, as in halal.<<<<<

this is not true as when i took amrit they said to the sangat that meat was forbidden but this was on the 300th so i dunno if the rehit given has been changed.

i think your family member has taken choola? Which is not "proper" amrit (cant find a better way to put it lol)