Two Faced Muslims

singhmota

Aren't Sikhs double faced too for not allowing Bibian to do seva at Harmandir Sahib? We tell people that Sikhi is the only religion who gives equal rights to women and then we have sikhs who oppose women doing seva in Harmandir sahib. Doesnt that make us double-faced and hypocritics?

116178[/snapback]

ya beat me to it. i completly agree with you. It is much easier to point and blame the hypocrisy of others religions, but look at what you call your own and fix it first.

116245[/snapback]

Pheena

Whatever amount of discrimination you perceive to be in Sikhi it is not as great as there in other religions. Sometimes people just cannot help being negative, if someone says something negative about another religion and something positive about Sikhi then we have people who will rack their brains to see if they can think of something which happens in Sikhi so that Sikhi too can be brought down to the same level as the other religions. I have nothing personal against you but your comment 'ya beat me to it' shows that you are one of these people.

If you really are honest in your comparisons you would know that SGPC has already decided that women will be able to take part in Kirtan and other sewa at Harmandir Sahib. Yes, a few obscurantist organisations and one man bands have issued statements against this but the SGPC decision has the support of the majority of Sikhs. Giving equality to women does not have the support of the majority of the other religions. The only negative that can be drawn is that why it took so long for the SGPC decision.

Maybe before you jump into the fray with your 'Sikhs discriminate too' statements maybe your should try and get a deeper understanding of the situation in other religions.

116264[/snapback]

First of all my veer ji, i think you have over analyzyed my comment, partly you are correct, that i am saying a negative thing. But you are fairly mistaken when you say i look for negative things as a habit. I look for negative things when there they exist. I look for positive things where they exist. The whole purpose of this post was to point out the negative thing in Islam. yet I pointed it out in Sikhi? Was that a wrong thing to do? Who gave another the right to disect and look down upon another religion, when their own is also in the same boat of inequality. Perhaps not to the same level, but this discrimination exist no matter how nominal it might seem to you. To me this is a big discrimination hence i felt the need to point it out. You say the SGPC approved this but why haven't the rest of the authorities when equality is one of the most primary messages especially in the place of worship spoken by Guru Nanak? Do i not have the right to point this out that this inequailty exists? So why do we go to anothers religion and point out their falacies? What right do we have? I will believe this when i see a woman sitting behind the Guru Granth Sahib taking Hukamnama and i see a Woman doing Kirtan on National TV in Harmandir Sahib. Until then it is all politics.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

why cant anil kumar be a sikh?

lots of sikhs have muslim last names too

as for getting married in a temple, temple/gurdwara are both used to describe a sikh house of worship.....just take a look at gurdwaras around the world....lots of them have "temple" in there name

hilarious house some of u are jumping on the white media but yet fail to look in your own backyard first

Aren't Sikhs double faced too for not allowing Bibian to do seva at Harmandir Sahib? We tell people that Sikhi is the only religion who gives equal rights to women and then we have sikhs who oppose women doing seva in Harmandir sahib. Doesnt that make us double-faced and hypocritics?

116178[/snapback]

ya beat me to it. i completly agree with you. It is much easier to point and blame the hypocrisy of others religions, but look at what you call your own and fix it first.

116245[/snapback]

Pheena

Whatever amount of discrimination you perceive to be in Sikhi it is not as great as there in other religions. Sometimes people just cannot help being negative, if someone says something negative about another religion and something positive about Sikhi then we have people who will rack their brains to see if they can think of something which happens in Sikhi so that Sikhi too can be brought down to the same level as the other religions. I have nothing personal against you but your comment 'ya beat me to it' shows that you are one of these people.

If you really are honest in your comparisons you would know that SGPC has already decided that women will be able to take part in Kirtan and other sewa at Harmandir Sahib. Yes, a few obscurantist organisations and one man bands have issued statements against this but the SGPC decision has the support of the majority of Sikhs. Giving equality to women does not have the support of the majority of the other religions. The only negative that can be drawn is that why it took so long for the SGPC decision.

Maybe before you jump into the fray with your 'Sikhs discriminate too' statements maybe your should try and get a deeper understanding of the situation in other religions.

116264[/snapback]

First of all my veer ji, i think you have over analyzyed my comment, partly you are correct, that i am saying a negative thing. But you are fairly mistaken when you say i look for negative things as a habit. I look for negative things when there they exist. I look for positive things where they exist. The whole purpose of this post was to point out the negative thing in Islam. yet I pointed it out in Sikhi? Was that a wrong thing to do? Who gave another the right to disect and look down upon another religion, when their own is also in the same boat of inequality. Perhaps not to the same level, but this discrimination exist no matter how nominal it might seem to you. To me this is a big discrimination hence i felt the need to point it out. You say the SGPC approved this but why haven't the rest of the authorities when equality is one of the most primary messages especially in the place of worship spoken by Guru Nanak? Do i not have the right to point this out that this inequailty exists? So why do we go to anothers religion and point out their falacies? What right do we have? I will believe this when i see a woman sitting behind the Guru Granth Sahib taking Hukamnama and i see a Woman doing Kirtan on National TV in Harmandir Sahib. Until then it is all politics.

116295[/snapback]

Great post pheena. quite a slap to those religion haters.

I hope one day these hard liners fundamentalist- be it - sikh, hindu, muslim, christian, buddhist, jain etc pay for der deeds.

WAHEGURU JI KA KHALSA WAHEGURU JI KI FATEH.

On the fact that Anil said this...

"I am religious. I have a strong faith and belief and that is what is keeping me going. My religion is flexible but it's not the same for Nabilah."

Thats wrong coz Sikhi also says that a Sikhs child should be brought up as a Sikh but Islam also says that a muslims child should be bought up as a Muslim. So hows that going to work out if they did have a child? N how is sikhi that flexible?

When Anil talked about the fact that "My religion is flexible but it's not the same for Nabilah."

I think he talked about the fact that a Muslim has to marry a Muslim- but i dont think thats the case because ive herd of muslim who got married to a Christian but never converted her becuase he said that Hes allowed to marry anyone who believes in the One True God- Ie which the Sikhs do.

N talking about Anil Kumar not being a Sikh he could be because theres also loads of Sikhs with Hindu names ie Shiv Singh n theres loads of Sikhs with Muslim n Hindu names as thier last names Ie Malik.

N i think this article is abit Faulty because when it says hes ready to convert to Islam why did they get married in the Gurdwara iin the first place then? N why did he say "I am religious. I have a strong faith and belief and that is what is keeping me going. "

WAHEGURU JI KA KHALSA WAHEGURU JI KI FATEH

I would just like to point out that SIKHI DOES give equal rights to Women such as doing Kirtan ect -God did give Women the same rights as Men throught the divine joyt and explanations of the prophets. But its the SIKHS who ARE DENYING the Sikh women to have thier rights. Which in Gods eyes they are entitled too.

pheena and co

guru granth sahib and sikhism is not liberal and softie approach lollypop idealogy

bani is truth and truth hurts

ihMdU AMn@w qurkU kwxw ]

hi(n)dhoo a(n)nhaa thurakoo kaanaa ||

got it???

guru sahib has already poointed out the fallacies in MUSLIM and HINDOO religions and we get to see new thing everyday

maybe "anil kumar" is using afake name so the girls' family won't get to his family? just a thought...i mean what better way to fool the muslim girl's family by using a name associated with another faith :wub: , cause maybe if he used a sikh name they would just have to search the Gurdwaras and might find them? hmm, maybe..you never know.