Koran, For Research Or Keeping In Home

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i say nothing wrong...

but, you must make sure the koran is properlyrespected, it must kept in a high place where no dust can touch it, i think you may have to do all the musalman stuff before you can read and open the koran?

but the rules must be followed, whichever dharam you wish to follow, we would not like someone from another religion doing beadbhi of SGGS without realising it. we would want them to treat it with great respect. similarly, as long as you can maintain and follow the "muslim maryada" of how to look after the koran, i say nothing wrong with it.

gustaphi maaf

"Ram Rahim Quran Puran, Anek kahe mat ek na maneo"

Regards

Gursharan Singh

117229[/snapback]

http://www.khalis.net/SikhAwareness/Audio/Choapai.mp3

Perhaps a bit different interepetation to that quote. Listen to the whole audio, its 8:44 mins long and 8meg file.

117495[/snapback]

Pheena

There's nothing wrong in interpretation but when the interpretation totally inverts the traditional understanding of the shabad then it needs to be treated with caution. Unfortunately we have many Kathakars and Viakhiakars who try to give a new and sometimes totally different translation. This appears to be the case here. Anyone with a good understanding of Punjabi/Hindi can understand what the Shabad says and the whole import of the Shabad. Read any good translation of Dasam Granth and this inverted and distorted meaning given y this female viakhiakar to it is not found there.

"Ram Rahim Quran Puran, Anek kahe mat ek na maneo"

Regards

Gursharan Singh

117229[/snapback]

http://www.khalis.net/SikhAwareness/Audio/Choapai.mp3

Perhaps a bit different interepetation to that quote. Listen to the whole audio, its 8:44 mins long and 8meg file.

117495[/snapback]

Pheena

There's nothing wrong in interpretation but when the interpretation totally inverts the traditional understanding of the shabad then it needs to be treated with caution. Unfortunately we have many Kathakars and Viakhiakars who try to give a new and sometimes totally different translation. This appears to be the case here. Anyone with a good understanding of Punjabi/Hindi can understand what the Shabad says and the whole import of the Shabad. Read any good translation of Dasam Granth and this inverted and distorted meaning given y this female viakhiakar to it is not found there.

117519[/snapback]

Veer ji,

I certainly cannot force you to take on the view of the person in the audio, but i threw it out there for those that might see the same quote in different light. As for it being inverted or distorted, well I'll leave that up to the individual hearing it to conclude upon just as you did. But yes i agree it is definely not your normal accepted interpetations. Some might say Truth never arrives in a normal appearance.

If you follow the few lines after those words, Guru sahib says, " Siri aspaan kirpa tumhre kar, mai na keho sub tohay bakhanyo" Would you say that God himself said that he does not belive in what Ram, Rahim, Puran, Koran says?

WAHEGURU JI KA KHALSA WAHEGURU JI KI FATEH

Didnt Guru Gobind Singh tell us to understand and learn other religions but keep faith in the Guru?

Does anyone have the shabad line?

I totaly agree with Kandola the fact that if they keep the Quran in thier house it should be treated with the muslim maryada. And treat it with the same amount of respect you would give to the Siri Guru Granth Sahib.

WAHEGURU JI KA KHALSA WAHEGURU JI KI FATEH.

Does it surprise you that Waheguru is saying through the Guru that Ram Rahim, Puran, Koran are not to be believed in?

117681[/snapback]

Yes it does because God cannot discriminate, what reason does God have to say that He himself does not belive in Ram Rahim, Puran and Koran? I thought the Divine was beyond religion and is complete in himself?

I think its ok, I know someone in India he is a teacher (Religious techer @ aryan school) and he have all different kind of granths and he take care of them as it is supposed to be done by the religion with whom this granth relates too. well he is a hindu (pandit) but he also have guru granth and he take care of it the same way baba do........... along with this he know many languages too...

So, Its OK!

I wana read all granths, quran and vedas too...

117404[/snapback]

do not say 'guru granth' this is disrespectable. say guru granth sahib jee :wub:

Does it surprise you that Waheguru is saying through the Guru that Ram Rahim, Puran, Koran are not to be believed in?

117681[/snapback]

Yes it does because God cannot discriminate, what reason does God have to say that He himself does not belive in Ram Rahim, Puran and Koran? I thought the Divine was beyond religion and is complete in himself?

118141[/snapback]

This is more your concept of God that has to believe that all ways towards him are acceptable rather than what the Gurus taught us. So if we follow Pheenamat rather than Gurmat then where Gurbani criticises idol worship then those verses cannot be from Waheguru?