Think Only Indian Sikhs Are Opposing Women's Sewa?

ms514

Sat Sri Akal:

So here's today's local newspaper that is produced from Carteret, NJ. To all those who think that only Indian Sikhs are opposing women's sewa, here's an eye opener of an article. Sadly, I even recognize some of these people. The article is ridiculous. No rationale for opposition was presented in the meeting, but rather the only justification presented was "Puratan Maryada". Well, "Puratan Maryada" was also invented by Mahants who also did Idol Puja in Harimandir Sahib...maybe we should restore this Maryada too.

I will post the article in three parts below. Click on the pictures to enlarge to have a read.

P.S. How many women do you count in the picture? You would think when discussing women's sewa issue, there would be WOMEN there???!!!

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sat Sri Akal:

"Puratan Maryada" that all these people keep talking about is this:

To their knowledge, no woman has ever performed Kirtan at the Harimandir Sahib or done Palki De Sewa.

Therefore, status quo=Puratan Maryada. Everyday, Harimandir Sahib rings with the Ambrosial Kirtan of Asa Di Vaar, in which Guru Sahib asks why should women be belittled from whom Kings are born. Obviously, those with this "Puratan Maryada" view were asleep during that Tuk since their birth.

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa. Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh.

no.gif :wub: nonono.gif this just isnt right! where is our Sikhi headed? We need sant Jernail Singh Ji Bhindran walay! :wub: :ysad: We really, really need to turn around. i think we should be more aware of whats going on around us Saad(h) Sangat Ji.

thanx for letting us know ms514. respect.gif

no.gif   :wub:   nonono.gif this just isnt right! where is our Sikhi headed? We need sant Jernail Singh Ji Bhindran walay! :wub:  :ysad: We really, really need to turn around. i think we should be more aware of whats going on around us Saad(h) Sangat Ji.

thanx for letting us know ms514. respect.gif

117811[/snapback]

Even Sant Jarnail Singh Ji Bhindranwale wasn't in favor of this practise.