Think Only Indian Sikhs Are Opposing Women's Sewa?

ms514

No, no human being is dirty, BUT what I said, and it was only an idea, was that:

when a person goes to the bathroom they r all not clean at that very moment so does it not mean the same when a woman has a period?

and u cannot say women are not clean because men also go to the bathroom so that would mean men are unclean.

Waheguru ji ka khalsa waheguru ji ki fateh

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

so you just answerd your own question, if both women and mnen are dirty then no one should be doing anything.

LOL.gif

Get real, sounds like a typical male to me...

119403[/snapback]

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa. Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh.

Get real, sounds like a typical male to me... LOL.gifLOL.gif hehehe...lol..i honestly think that is really funny., LOL.gif:)

a message to all you veer ji's: I LOVE YOU ALL! rockon.gif HUGS AND KISSES TO ALL OF YOU! you make me smile and laugh. MMMWAAAH!

so you just answerd your own question, if both women and mnen are dirty then no one should be doing anything.

LOL.gif

Get real, sounds like a typical male to me...

119403[/snapback]

thats what i would call a typical guy as well. LOL.gif

anywhooooo...

i dont really think this has a lot to do with 'dirtyness' or 'cleanliness'. i think it has to with purity/impurity. this also relates to why feathers of a peacock are sometimes put in the Gurudwara, (to represent purity because of the way they are created by God). think about it. considering how female Punjabis are, do you really think that they're going to go up to a bhai sahib and say "I am pure right now. I do not have my period at the moment, so that means that I can do sewa." ??? :) i dont think so...this sewa thing is actually opposing women's sewa for all time. this isnt good. i think its just gone too far now, because that means that women cant do any sewa. no.gif :doh: this is something that the youth of today (in countries outside of india) should consider a serious topic.

thanks for the replies but I'm female rolleyes.gif , I was considering why they might not allow it, is there something wrong with putting A view down as opposed to only YOUR view?

I said it may be the reason why they think women are impure at that time but I also said that I dont understand why if that is the reason, then women cant do sewa at other times.

So everyone calm down with the LOL.gif , well carry on if u want to, cant stop that but I said my views and thought abt the other side. So now u guys carry on with the LOL.gif ,

ok so let me get this straight, is there a rule here that says:

U must only type what reflects your view?

If there is I apologise.

BUT I saw nothing wrong with considering the possibilities :)

I only gave ideas.

To be honest I'm not sure WHY women are not allowed, I want to know why.

There is nothing for me to make my mind up about because I cnat until I know what the reason is.

When I found out Sant Jarnail Singh Ji Bhindranwale were against women doing panj pyare di sewa I was shocked, then found out why and thought .... OK fine.

Now I cant say anything cos I dont know the reason, we are only assuming that may be the/ a reason.

The fact that I am a woman should not make a difference if I am onl considering the possibilities.

I am not debating so why should I make my mind up?

Before I was confused about why we are not allowed sewa, now I am confused about your posts to me.

Confusion at its worst, no.gifno.gifrolleyes.gif

When I found out Sant Jarnail Singh Ji Bhindranwale were against women doing panj pyare di sewa I was shocked, then  found out why and thought .... OK fine.

119741[/snapback]

the world doesnt revolve around Bhindranwale, he as a human was not purfect and slipt, this was one of those occasions. I don't agrre nor accept of all waht he has had to say, women and men are equal - that goes for all ceramonies and other sikhi related stuff.

Confused? All i'm saying is that i'm confused wehn individuals dollow other ppl's advice whe it goes against sikhi values and principles.

Only guru ji is perfect. If sahib sri guru nanak dev ji told us that men and women are equal, we are to obey that ONLY.

119751[/snapback]

somone said it finaly, guru ji is one we must follow and also the SGGS is also a good reference, be weary or inpurfect humans - that means all of us!

Look to our holy book and weheguru for guidence first!

thanks Balwinder Singh!