Lust N How To Get Rid Of It

WGJKKWGJKF

no offence to sum pple on this forum but i reckon its not just outside lik i had a topic b4 where other amritdharis show attitude and harsh ways of talking to pple like other amritdharis but its on forums to, jus my view

oh well come on amritdhari girl lets get off this forum and chek out sum other, this ones :<Edited>: :kid: hug.gif

Yes i guess its ABSOLUTELY possible for one to get RID of Sexual Desires..Coz it has happend in the past..like our Gurus, Budhha, Mahavira, KRISHNA, Kabir and whosoever got Enlightened were ABSOLUTELY got rid of Sexual Desire...well 'get rid of it' will not be suitable phrase ova here coz if feel there can be Transformation of Energy not it can be destroyed..and those enlightened being had been able to transform their sexual desire into Love and if it can happend in the past then it can happend in the present as well.....we juss need to understand over sexuality..repression is certinaly not the solution..the more v repress it the more it haunt us... when all the our sexual energy is transforemed into Love then it becomes the 'Door to Samadhi'....

Yes i guess its ABSOLUTELY possible for one to get RID of Sexual Desires..Coz it has happend in the past..like our Gurus, Budhha, Mahavira, KRISHNA, Kabir and whosoever got Enlightened were ABSOLUTELY got rid of Sexual Desire...well 'get rid of it' will not be suitable phrase ova here coz if feel there can be Transformation of Energy not it can be destroyed..and those enlightened being had been able to transform their sexual desire into Love and if it can happend in the past then it can happend in the present as well.....we juss need to understand over sexuality..repression is certinaly not the solution..the more v repress it the more it haunt us... when all the our sexual energy is transforemed into Love then it becomes the 'Door to Samadhi'....

118108[/snapback]

Firstly lets describe and define the 5 vices. From another post I wrote:

Hankaar is not just Ego but Egotism. We must remove the obsession with this. If you tried to completely kill your Ego off, you would end up in a vegetative state in a mental asylum. You would have no self worth. The Guru’s are talking about high degrees of self worth or self esteem, NOT bloated ego’s, that are self obsessive.

e•go•tism P Pronunciation Key ( g -t z m, g -)

n.

1. The tendency to speak or write of oneself excessively and boastfully.

2. An inflated sense of one's own importance; conceit. See Synonyms at conceit.

Obsessiveness with wordly things is bad, and is Materialism. If the Guru’s were totally against wordlyness the would only be Miri (Spiritual) and no Piri (temporal or Wordly). There would only be a Harmandir Sahib (that deals with spiritual affairs) and no Akal Takht (that deals with wordly affairs).

materialism

n 1: a desire for wealth and material possessions with little interest in ethical or spiritual matters [syn: philistinism] 2: (philosophy) the philosophical theory that matter is the only reality [syn: physicalism]

When the Guru’s are talking about Greed, again they are talking about accumulating/wanting more than you need. There is nothing wrong in accumulating enough for your needs. For example obsessive hunger drives greed. If you have sated your hunger and still continue to eat when you don’t need to, then that is greed. It is that obsession you must destroy, and control that natural hunger.

greed

n 1: excessive desire to acquire or possess more (especially more material wealth) than one needs or deserves 2: reprehensible acquisitiveness; insatiable desire for wealth (personified as one of the deadly sins) [syn: avarice, covetousness, rapacity, avaritia]

Krodh is more than just anger. It is stubbornness. Not willing to listen. Being argumentative. Some people are obsessive with these traits and it clouds there judgement and controls there action. Having annoyance in a situation or standing your ground is a not Krodh. According to your definition these would have to be destroyed.Again, what the Guru’s are talking about is the obsession with these things.

anger

n 1: a strong emotion; a feeling that is oriented toward some real or supposed grievance [syn: choler, ire] 2: the state of being angry [syn: angriness] 3: belligerence aroused by a real or supposed wrong (personified as one of the deadly sins) [syn: wrath, ire, ira] v 1: make angry; "The news angered him" 2: become angry; "He angers easily" [syn: see red]

Synonyms: anger, rage, fury, ire, wrath, resentment, indignation

These nouns denote varying degrees of marked displeasure. Anger, the most general, is strong displeasure: vented my anger by denouncing the supporters of the idea. Rage and fury imply intense, explosive, often destructive emotion: smashed the glass in a fit of rage; directed his fury at the murderer. Ire is a term for anger most frequently encountered in literature: “The best way to escape His ire/Is, not to seem too happy” (Robert Browning). Wrath applies especially to anger that seeks vengeance or punishment: saw the flood as a sign of the wrath of God. Resentment refers to indignant smoldering anger generated by a sense of grievance: deep resentment that led to a strike. Indignation is righteous anger at something wrongful, unjust, or evil: “public indignation about takeovers causing people to lose their jobs” (Allan Sloan).

Kaam, is NOT sexual desire, but rather the OBSESSION with sexual desire. Again it is obsession we seek to destroy.

lust

n 1: a strong sexual desire [syn: lecherousness, lustfulness] 2: self-indulgent sexual desire (personified as one of the deadly sins) [syn: luxuria] v : have a craving, appetite, or great desire for [syn: crave, hunger, thirst, starve]

so

http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=lust

lust

n 1: a strong sexual desire [syn: lecherousness, lustfulness] 2: self-indulgent sexual desire (personified as one of the deadly sins) [syn: luxuria] v : have a craving, appetite, or great desire for [syn: crave, hunger, thirst, starve]

Just to make it easy for you and explain it I shall highlight the key words. They are not sexual desire, but strong, self-indulgent, craving, appetite, or great desire.

These words highlighted are the key to understanding Kaam. Kaam is NOT sexual desire, but an obsession with sex. It is self-indulgence and selfishness. Far and away from what you are saying, which amounts to some sort guilt trip.

and

Try and read what the Guru’s have said too. Sexual Gratification and attachment to sex is lust, and that is what Guruji wishes us to control.

For example:

Page 226, Line 2 -- Guru Nanak Dev

The lonely widow gives her body to a stranger;

ji-o tan biDhvaa par ka-o day-ee.

she allows her mind to be controlled by others for lust or money

kaam daam chit par vas say-ee.

, but without her husband, she is never satisfied. ||6||

bin pir taripat na kabahooN ho-ee. ||6||

An example of lust.

There are many more examples of sexual attachment and lustful behaviour. Check out www.srigranth.org.

BUT do not consider the sexual act as being lust. You are wrong if you do.

So the emphasis in all the 5 vices is about getting rid of the craving for it and is NOT about getting rid of sexual desire. You are wrong!

118108[/snapback]

Firstly lets describe and define the 5 vices. From another post I wrote:

Hankaar is not just Ego but Egotism. We must remove the obsession with this. If you tried to completely kill your Ego off, you would end up in a vegetative state in a mental asylum. You would have no self worth. The Guru’s are talking about high degrees of self worth or self esteem, NOT bloated ego’s, that are self obsessive.

e•go•tism P Pronunciation Key ( g -t z m, g -)

n.

1. The tendency to speak or write of oneself excessively and boastfully.

2. An inflated sense of one's own importance; conceit. See Synonyms at conceit.

Obsessiveness with wordly things is bad, and is Materialism. If the Guru’s were totally against wordlyness the would only be Miri (Spiritual) and no Piri (temporal or Wordly). There would only be a Harmandir Sahib (that deals with spiritual affairs) and no Akal Takht (that deals with wordly affairs).

materialism

n 1: a desire for wealth and material possessions with little interest in ethical or spiritual matters [syn: philistinism] 2: (philosophy) the philosophical theory that matter is the only reality [syn: physicalism]

When the Guru’s are talking about Greed, again they are talking about accumulating/wanting more than you need. There is nothing wrong in accumulating enough for your needs. For example obsessive hunger drives greed. If you have sated your hunger and still continue to eat when you don’t need to, then that is greed. It is that obsession you must destroy, and control that natural hunger.

greed

n 1: excessive desire to acquire or possess more (especially more material wealth) than one needs or deserves 2: reprehensible acquisitiveness; insatiable desire for wealth (personified as one of the deadly sins) [syn: avarice, covetousness, rapacity, avaritia]

Krodh is more than just anger. It is stubbornness. Not willing to listen. Being argumentative. Some people are obsessive with these traits and it clouds there judgement and controls there action. Having annoyance in a situation or standing your ground is a not Krodh. According to your definition these would have to be destroyed.Again, what the Guru’s are talking about is the obsession with these things.

anger

n 1: a strong emotion; a feeling that is oriented toward some real or supposed grievance [syn: choler, ire] 2: the state of being angry [syn: angriness] 3: belligerence aroused by a real or supposed wrong (personified as one of the deadly sins) [syn: wrath, ire, ira] v 1: make angry; "The news angered him" 2: become angry; "He angers easily" [syn: see red]

Synonyms: anger, rage, fury, ire, wrath, resentment, indignation

These nouns denote varying degrees of marked displeasure. Anger, the most general, is strong displeasure: vented my anger by denouncing the supporters of the idea. Rage and fury imply intense, explosive, often destructive emotion: smashed the glass in a fit of rage; directed his fury at the murderer. Ire is a term for anger most frequently encountered in literature: “The best way to escape His ire/Is, not to seem too happy” (Robert Browning). Wrath applies especially to anger that seeks vengeance or punishment: saw the flood as a sign of the wrath of God. Resentment refers to indignant smoldering anger generated by a sense of grievance: deep resentment that led to a strike. Indignation is righteous anger at something wrongful, unjust, or evil: “public indignation about takeovers causing people to lose their jobs” (Allan Sloan).

Kaam, is NOT sexual desire, but rather the OBSESSION with sexual desire. Again it is obsession we seek to destroy.

lust

so

http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=lust

lust

Just to make it easy for you and explain it I shall highlight the key words. They are not sexual desire, but strong, self-indulgent, craving, appetite, or great desire.

These words highlighted are the key to understanding Kaam. Kaam is NOT sexual desire, but an obsession with sex. It is self-indulgence and selfishness. Far and away from what you are saying, which amounts to some sort guilt trip.

and

Try and read what the Guru’s have said too. Sexual Gratification and attachment to sex is lust, and that is what Guruji wishes us to control.

For example:

Page 226, Line 2 -- Guru Nanak Dev

The lonely widow gives her body to a stranger;

ji-o tan biDhvaa par ka-o day-ee.

she allows her mind to be controlled by others for lust or money

kaam daam chit par vas say-ee.

, but without her husband, she is never satisfied. ||6||

bin pir taripat na kabahooN ho-ee. ||6||

An example of lust.

There are many more examples of sexual attachment and lustful behaviour. Check out www.srigranth.org.

BUT do not consider the sexual act as being lust. You are wrong if you do.

So the emphasis in all the 5 vices is about getting rid of the craving for it and is NOT about getting rid of sexual desire. You are wrong!

118118[/snapback]

maybe im being naive... but how do u get rid of dat craving? coz now im confused? wacko.gif sexual desire and craving 4 sex.. i thought they were the same :wub: wot r the "symptoms" of craving compared to just sexual desire? (sorry but im just confused)

WGJKKWGJKF suggested few ways to be with naam and simran to get rid of "bad" thoughts which continously bug our mind. But see instead of learning anything from his very nice suggestions we are fighting over a petty issue.  Please try to understand each other, instead of proving someone wrong or right.

118120[/snapback]

:wub: :TH:

maybe im being naive... but how do u get rid of dat craving? coz now im confused? wacko.gif sexual desire and craving 4 sex.. i thought they were the same :wub: wot r the "symptoms" of craving compared to just sexual desire? (sorry but im just confused)

118119[/snapback]

Sexual feelings are a natural part of the human development. What we are talking about is Kaam, which is an OBSESSION with sex. We must destroy that OBSESSION and master Kaam and therefore master our sexual desires.

Just because you have a thoughht it does not make you bad. The fact you recognised that it was inapropriate and that you did not act on it shows that you are adhering Guruji's messages.

What some people are suggesting is that we destroy sexual desire itself, i.e. God's mechanism for procreation. Ineffect we are asking to destroy something God has created as a natural process. That is plain wrong.

Hope that clarifies it!