Why Do Sikh Women Not Like Turbaned Sikh Males

Trojan

no.gif Why is it that in certain parts of London women prefer sikhs to have their hair cut whilst in other parts women prefer there men to have turbans . I live and have grown up in the east end of london i consider myself to be an honest and decent person i have being weraing a dastar now for seven years i am presently going through a divorce not for cheating or doing something sinister but for grasping tight my sikh hertigae i used to have my hair cut many years ago but something in my heart made me want to take hold of sikhi i cant explain it but this has caused my marriage to break i guess from this that i may not be the only one as many fall in this trap destiny has many things in store for us all just makes me wonder at times why some women dislike dastars just sharing the pains of losing a partner of 15years.

I am so sorry to hear what's happened but if u dont mind could I ask, was it because she was not at all religious or because she did not like the turban.

to rephrase it, was it only because u kept a turban, was that her clear reason or was there more to it?

Waheguru ji ka khalsa waheguru ji ki fateh

no.gif I am sorry to hear about ur marriage ji...

A Sikh marriage is described as a union of 2 souls...not just 2 bodies

What seems to have happened is your spiritually more involved in Sikhi than ur partner was.....

I think turbanned or non turbanned isnt the issue but more with your relationship to Waheguru...remember its all GuruJis hukam

This partner of yours probably wasnt ready for the spiritual and social commitment you have made in Sikhi....please dont regret your choices.......if it feels right for you to connect to Waheguru in this way by physically representing yourself to the world as a proud Singh....do as your heart says....

I hope Waheguru shines upon you many more blessings and fills your life with wonderful gifts

Stay in Cherdi Kala and chant the Naam of our divine Lord

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa

Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

I am very glad to hear about your marriage because:

a)I wouldn't want a wife who did not support my faith.

b)The fact that she dislikes your new path in life and will divorce you for that reason sickens my heart.

I am extremely glad because you have a newfound love for Sikhi and your wife will miss out on a fantastic life. Atleast you know she wasn't meant for you.

Keep your head up high,

- Sunny

no.gif Why is it that in certain parts of London women prefer sikhs to have their hair cut whilst in other parts women prefer there men to have turbans . I live and have grown up in the east end of london i consider myself to be an honest  and decent person i have being weraing a dastar now for seven years  i am presently going through a divorce not for cheating or doing something sinister but for grasping tight my sikh hertigae i used to have my hair cut many years ago but something in my heart made me want to take hold of sikhi i cant explain it but this has caused my marriage to break i guess from this that i may not be the only one as many fall in this trap destiny has many things in store for us all just makes me wonder at times why some women dislike dastars just sharing the pains of losing a partner of 15years.

120802[/snapback]

wjkk

wjkf

i am very sad after hearing your story.how can a woman leave her husband after 15 years for keeping kesh.

I am very glad to hear about your marriage because:

a)I wouldn't want a wife who did not support my faith.

b)The fact that she dislikes your new path in life and will divorce you for that reason sickens my heart.

I am extremely glad because you have a newfound love for Sikhi and your wife will miss out on a fantastic life.  Atleast you know she wasn't meant for you.

Keep your head up high,

- Sunny

120956[/snapback]

You know i was a bit hesitant to put any personal issues on this site but having done so and reading the replies has made me wonder that the path which has been chalked out under me is for a reason we make choices in life sometimes they work and other times we take risks but when something which is unexplainable takes over your heart its so difficult to do anything to prevent it form happening some people dont understand , just answering some of the above questions , the marriage has come to an end as it is because of wearing a turban and following the way of sikh life i havent changed in any other way although it is always a sad issue when a marriage no longer works it affects all others around but i am aware that in this life the dream we all live as humans comes to an end when we wake this is when we die in this life and the purpose of us trying to reunite with our true bride or groom which is Waheguru Ji i have learnt so far in my life span that in this life which we leed .We are vunrable to all sorts of pains from finincial difficulties to health and loved ones pasing to the next level but none can take the spritual gains we achieve as this is none tangable something we cant see or touch but benefit from in this life time and preparing us for our journy because of this thinking i find it comforting that my guru is watching and taking care of me in the day to day activities i am glad there are others in this forum that have have the same views although as mentioned marrige is a union for life i choose my wife not because of her looks but because i thought i knew her and she was a lovely person she still is that is why i would not divorce her but she has different views now.I feel that life is short and we must not begrude others for there feelings or attitudes always praying to myWaheguru Ji who never leaves myside day and night no matter what pray.gif wishing all happiness and respect myWaheguru Ji always keep me humbule and never forget him.

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa

Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

Waheguru ji kirpa karn...and as i sed before..it is your wife's loss...not yours....she is missing out on so much love......it is a great feeling to love Guru...and she seems to not understand this....but bhaaji....i m sure guru ji will help u out......just say "Bhaut janam vichharhay thay madhao, eho janam tumare lekhai ll Keh Ravidaas aas lag jivao, cjir bhayo darshan dekhay ll" i know it will lead u into gaining strength.....although you seem spiritually well off already...

Veeray stay in charhdian kala!!!

Moorakh di bhul chuk maaf

Daasri

~Navdeep Kaur Khalsa

singh... i'ma say this straight up...some might like it... some might not... but basically... ur better off... if she can't respect ur sikhi... then she'd only be bringing it down... and tha's not what u want... if ur on the path to sikhi.. and ur devoted to it.. then tha's the most important thing...

veerji... everything happens for a reason... and there must have been a reason for this to happen...

don't get me wrong.. the situation is the situation u wanna be in.. but u have to realise its all in HIS hands... maybe this is a sign that he wants u on HIS path and that she woulda only hindered it... no?....

singh... i'ma say this straight up...some might like it... some might not... but basically... ur better off... if she can't respect ur sikhi... then she'd only be bringing it down... and tha's not what u want... if ur on the path to sikhi.. and ur devoted to it.. then tha's the most important thing...

veerji... everything happens for a reason... and there must have been a reason for this to happen...

don't get me wrong.. the situation is the situation u wanna be in.. but u have to realise its all in HIS hands... maybe this is a sign that he wants u on HIS path and that she woulda only hindered it... no?....

121089[/snapback]

THANK u!!! stole my words u THIEF! :) :doh:

anyways yeh seriously bro she ent worth ur sadnes send of day :doh:

stay strong