Muslims Attempting To Convert Other Faiths

Akali

Akali,

Bro I understand your feelings towards Islam and some muslims with their vile conversion tactics. But if people convert to Islam it is because they are not strong in their own faith, they were weak and so it is gud they converted.

It is better we have balanced and good people in our faith than let any old criminal, rapist, etc, etc join us just for the sake of conversion to dominate the globe with an agenda like Islam has.

At the end of the day its wrong to say to someone you aint Sikh just cos you dont think they "look" the part. There are plenty of Sikhs who apperance wise may look like guru's Sikh's but their hearts and minds are anything but that.

I think you should reflect on our own Sikhi and think of apologising for attacking members like Shanti, who has more luv for Sikhism and Waheguru than most girls from Sikh backgrounds I know who go around clubbin, drinkin, have no self-respect, no modesty, no family values and generally go around making an arse of themselves ,etc.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

GuruFateh!

I visited www.whyichosesikhism.com yesterday and was shocked at some of the literature spewed out by muslims regarding faith conversion. These people make leaflets and hand them out to their youth with quotes from the Koran regarding the impure infidels and that only followers of Islam are pure.

These leaflets outline conversion tactics that the muslims youths can employ to succesfully convert people.

I feel that the onus is on us to educate our youth about our religion and history. A lot of our people do not do this. Gurudwaras should hold more classes where the youth of today can go and learn in-depth about our religion. I feel that once you know sufficient amounts of Sikhi, no-one would even consider conversion as their own faith would be too strong.

On a final word, converting to another faith is wrong in the eyes of God. Let me explain:

I was born into a Sikh family. This was through the will of God. If he intended me to be born into a Muslim/Christian/Jewish etc. family, I would have been but I wasn't. God intended me to follow the Sikh faith and that is what I shall do. If I follow another faith, I am going against the will of God.

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa, Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh!

121904[/snapback]

YES this is all still Going on

This has been going on for years

It will carry on for years

Literature is published

Literature is distributed

People are to ignorant to read

They get converted

Same Story, Different Day. If you can think of any way off stopping this and let the Singhs who do the seva know as they bend over backwards to help people even though it seems to make no difference as so many people say, "we need to do something about this" but never do.

Just those few singhs and singhnis that have done something, still to this day continue to do something.

Topic has been discussed countless times, whats new??

Nothing.

WJKK WJKF

I was EXTREMELY unhappy as a Catholic and my family have been Catholic for generations.......not practicing..but they were Catholic because their parents were, and their parents were and so on....

As you have just stated above, your family weren't practicing Catholics therefore you can not comment on this discussion because you never looked into the Catholic faith (as you just said) but you were unhappy. You just went by the fact that your parents and their parents were Catholics so that meant you were automatically a Catholic. WRONG!

EXCUSE ME i said my family were not practicing catholics...did i say i wasnt?  I was baptised AND confirmed as a Catholic and read the bible.  I studied Catholiscism in depth....i also studied Islam for 4 years before being graced with Sikhism (waheguru)...that comment hurt!  nonono.gif

121999[/snapback]

If I have offended you I am truly sorry.

However, as Guru Nanak said 'There are many paths but all are for the same goal.' As I have stated previously, that is what I am arguing about. If you are born into the Catholic faith (or any other faith for that matter) if you delve into that faith fully, you will find enlightenment as all paths will take you to the same goal. That's the point I was trying to make. Typing a post on here is different to actually talking face to face with someone so if I have offended Shanti and anyone else, accept my apologies.

As stated in the Guru Nanak's quote, that is why I feel it is wrong to change/convert your faith. And as I stated in my original post, it is upto us as Sikhs to educate our youth and others who's faith is not strong and do not know about their religion. So to whoever stated that loads of people are all talk and no action, I am one of those who talks and takes action! I have already changed the opinions of many people in my own family who were following a distorted form of Sikhi and I strive to educate anyone who is willing to learn!

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa, Wahguru Ji Ki Fateh!

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa

Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

They can do whatever they want, all i can do is take oot asraa of satguru ji and hope that none of that will affect me.

PS. I personally dont support whyichosesikhisim.com because there are sections in that site which attack the muslim faith. We are explicitly forbidden to do that. Stuff like "responses to muslims..." really digrades their faith. Again, a sikh is suppose to respect every faith but only follow the path laid down by Guruji

Must i remind you that these people are "fanatics" who only form a very minute minority. They believe that anybody who is not a muslim will "burn in hell" so in their eyes they are doing a good thing.

If some "Sikh" is so weak on the inside that they can leave guruji for some worldly person then its their loss and its their choice as well.

If we know somebody who is thinking of converting all we can do is do ardaas to guruji to give them soji and strength to make the right decision. Thats all. Guruji will take care of everything.

Bhul Chuk Khima

Guru Rakha

I agree with Khalsa_starr. It is up to a person on whether they want to convert to another religion or not.

To me those who are born into a family do not automatically become sikh/christian etc.

I order to be part of sikhi you have to have taken amrit an wear the 5k's.

At the end of the day many siks do say "they are forcing our girls into islam etc etc". People never actually take into consideration that those who have converted to sikhi their family an friends maybe think exactly the same as us.

People are not bone idel if a girl gets suked into believing a muslim what can we do. I'm sure if the girls had principles an respect for family they would never dream of turning to another religion but turn even more towards their religion that they were born into.

Who knows some of the girls who converted to islam might even be happy. We hear of girls an boys who convert to sikhi and are happy. were all happy about this but i'm sure people of their original faith are not.

There are so many stories nowadays of girls being seduced by muslim boys. As a girl i get peeved of that no1 actually takes into account that sikh family boys go with muslim girls. Isn't it exactly the same. In sikhi there is equality. Why make girls out to be the bad ones :)