How Did U Find Him?

Heera Singh

i must have been a hopeless case...He probably figured this kid is NEVER gonna find me...so HE in his mercy blessed me by letting me take birth into a gursikh family. Gave me loving gursikh parents who surrounded us with nanak love, blessed us with sadh sangat, the sangat of amazing gurmukh piyaraaas, blessed me with a loving gursikh nani ji who taught me paaat while the other kids would be playing outside...i dunno...everything has just been a blessing...one after another...i can't say i deserve them...i dont know why i've been blessed....i can just be thankful...to guru nanak...and hope that with all the blessings guru ji has given me, that he can bless me to make wise use of those blessings and become a gursikh that they can smile down at....

dhan guru nanak, shukar hai...

waheguru tera shukar hai....

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

My story is pretty similar. My parents and grandparents are so wicked. They took me into the sangat of real Mahapurakhs, GurSikhs, Sants, Sevadaars, Gurmukhs, etc (whatever you like to call spiritual people rolleyes.gif ) from a very early age. They took me to Smaagams of all Jathebandis and they taught me to learn from everyone. They taught me Guru Granth Sahib Jee da Paath, encouraged me to learn Tabla and Keertan, and taught me great principles by which to live. My parents are so great. :) :doh: :doh:

Also I have inspirational sisters, and some great friends who have always been on hand to give advice whenever I have foundered on or have put up self-made obstacles with regards to my Sikhi.

Finally, the greatest inspiration of all and Giver of Mercy, Siri Guru Granth Sahib Jee Maharaaj - always there for Paapis like me, allowing me to be in His Presence, even though I am so unworthy. Always on hand to uplift, inspire and speak to us through His Bani - Aisae Gur Ko Bal Bal Ja-iyeh :doh: :doh: :doh:

Waheguroo

i must have been a hopeless case...He probably figured this kid is NEVER gonna find me...so HE in his mercy blessed me by letting me take birth into a gursikh family. Gave me loving gursikh parents who surrounded us with nanak love, blessed us with sadh sangat, the sangat of amazing gurmukh piyaraaas, blessed me with a loving gursikh nani ji who taught me paaat while the other kids would be playing outside...i dunno...everything has just been a blessing...one after another...i can't say i deserve them...i dont know why i've been blessed....i can just be thankful...to guru nanak...and hope that with all the blessings guru ji has given me, that he can bless me to make wise use of those blessings and become a gursikh that they can smile down at....

dhan guru nanak, shukar hai...

waheguru tera shukar hai....

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

My story is pretty similar. My parents and grandparents are so wicked. They took me into the sangat of real Mahapurakhs, GurSikhs, Sants, Sevadaars, Gurmukhs, etc (whatever you like to call spiritual people  ) from a very early age. They took me to Smaagams of all Jathebandis and they taught me to learn from everyone. They taught me Guru Granth Sahib Jee da Paath, encouraged me to learn Tabla and Keertan, and taught me great principles by which to live. My parents are so great.   

Also I have inspirational sisters, and some great friends who have always been on hand to give advice whenever I have foundered on or have put up self-made obstacles with regards to my Sikhi.

Finally, the greatest inspiration of all and Giver of Mercy, Siri Guru Granth Sahib Jee Maharaaj - always there for Paapis like me, allowing me to be in His Presence, even though I am so unworthy. Always on hand to uplift, inspire and speak to us through His Bani - Aisae Gur Ko Bal Bal Ja-iyeh   

Waheguroo

well... this is the way i see it.... u guyz OBVIOUSLY did good things in ur last lives...maybe u guyz already been through a lot of the stuff others are goin through now... so its very possible that u guyz are both WAY ahead of peepz like me... God was probably like, 'okay these guyz already proved to me that they're true disciples in their last lives... no point in makin them go through all that stuff, i'll just stick em in a Gursikh family so they can continue where they left off'...

tha's actually what i feel as being tru...

Vaheguru..!

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

well... this is the way i see it.... u guyz OBVIOUSLY did good things in ur last lives...maybe u guyz already been through a lot of the stuff others are goin through now... so its very possible that u guyz are both WAY ahead of peepz like me... God was probably like, 'okay these guyz already proved to me that they're true disciples in their last lives... no point in makin them go through all that stuff, i'll just stick em in a Gursikh family so they can continue where they left off'...

tha's actually what i feel as being tru...

Vaheguru..!

Heera Singh ... I think you are right - I feel blessed that I was born to such parents who have given me the opportunity of such great Sangat and guided me so well.

But then there are other times I feel that I do not value the Sikhi, Guru Sahib and GurSikhs as much as I should. Sometimes when you get things too easily, you don't value them until it's too late, and then you have to go back several steps, and it takes time to realise their value.

Personally, a major inspiration for my Sikhi comes from people who have come onto this Path on their own volition, after facing all the hardships. There are many of them on this forum. Their faith is amazing and they always present me with perspectives of Sikhi that I'll never be able to see. I respect them because they have made a conscious effort and choice, whereas some could argue that I've never seen the other side of the fence to be able to make that choice. Respect to them all. :) :doh: :doh:

Waheguroo

Ok this is NOT my story but abt someone else and its so amazing, at least I think so anyways.

So there is this guy and he didnt really ever go to the Gurdwara and although they wore a kara lol they werent really into sikhi.

so one day someone gave them a kirtan video, they decided to play it and the guy had some sort of affect on him and he ran to India to that kirtania and said he wanted to take amrit, so that kirtan guy said no cos they didnt have amrit sanchar that day.

but the guy insisted cos he was to fly back the next day or something like that, so they got ready the Amrit ceremony and this bloke alone shakked amrit and now the whole family took amrit I think and now they live happy. :T:

BTW no its not a made up story, its a true story.

Gurmukho, please do Ardaas for me... tongue.gif :

sloku ]

salok ||

bnu bnu iPrqI KojqI hwrI bhu Avgwih ]

ban ban firathee khojathee haaree bahu avagaahi ||

From forest to forest, I wandered searching; I am so tired of taking baths at sacred shrines of pilgrimage.

nwnk Byty swD jb hir pwieAw mn mwih ]1]

naanak bhaettae saadhh jab har paaeiaa man maahi ||1||

O Nanak, when I met the Holy Saint, I found the Lord within my mind. ||1||

mwrU mhlw 5 ]

Maaroo, Fifth Mehl:

bwhir FUFn qy CUit pry guir Gr hI mwih idKwieAw Qw ]

baahar dtoodtan thae shhoott parae gur ghar hee maahi dhikhaaeiaa thhaa ||

I have quit searching outside; the Guru has shown me that God is within the home of my own heart.

AnBau Acrj rUpu pRB pyiKAw myrw mnu Coif n kqhU jwieAw Qw ]1]

anabho acharaj roop prabh paekhiaa maeraa man shhodd n kathehoo jaaeiaa thhaa ||1||

I have seen God, fearless, of wondrous beauty; my mind shall never leave Him to go anywhere else. ||1||

mwnku pwieE ry pwieE hir pUrw pwieAw Qw ]

maanak paaeiou rae paaeiou har pooraa paaeiaa thhaa ||

I have found the jewel; I have found the Perfect Lord.

moil Amolu n pwieAw jweI kir ikrpw gurU idvwieAw Qw ]1] rhwau ]

mol amol n paaeiaa jaaee kar kirapaa guroo dhivaaeiaa thhaa ||1|| rehaao ||

The invaluable value cannot be obtained; in His Mercy, the Guru bestows it. ||1||Pause||

Aidstu Agocru pwrbRhmu imil swDU AkQu kQwieAw Qw ]

adhisatt agochar paarabreham mil saadhhoo akathh kathhaaeiaa thhaa ||

The Supreme Lord God is imperceptible and unfathomable; meeting the Holy Saint, I speak the Unspoken Speech.

Anhd sbdu dsm duAwir vijE qh AMimRq nwmu cuAwieAw Qw ]2]

anehadh sabadh dhasam dhuaar vajiou theh a(n)mrith naam chuaaeiaa thhaa ||2||

The unstruck sound current of the Shabad vibrates and resounds in the Tenth Gate; the Ambrosial Naam trickles down there. ||2||

qoit nwhI min iqRsnw bUJI AKut BMfwr smwieAw Qw ]

thott naahee man thrisanaa boojhee akhutt bha(n)ddaar samaaeiaa thhaa ||

I lack nothing; the thirsty desires of my mind are satisfied. The inexhaustible treasure has entered into my being.

crx crx crx gur syvy AGVu GiVE rsu pwieAw Qw ]3]

charan charan charan gur saevae agharr gharriou ras paaeiaa thhaa ||3||

I serve the feet, the feet, the feet of the Guru, and manage the unmanageable. I have found the juice, the sublime essence. ||3||

shjy Awvw shjy jwvw shjy mnu KylwieAw Qw ]

sehajae aavaa sehajae jaavaa sehajae man khaelaaeiaa thhaa ||

Intuitively I come, and intuively I go; my mind intuitively plays.

khu nwnk Brmu guir KoieAw qw hir mhlI mhlu pwieAw Qw ]4]3]12]

kahu naanak bharam gur khoeiaa thaa har mehalee mehal paaeiaa thhaa ||4||3||12||

Says Nanak, when the Guru drives out doubt, then the soul-bride enters the Mansion of the Lord's Presence. ||4||3||12||

so one day someone gave them a kirtan video, they decided to play it and the guy had some sort of affect on him and he ran to India to that kirtania and said he wanted to take amrit, so that kirtan guy said no cos they didnt have amrit sanchar that day.

but the guy insisted cos he was to fly back the next day or something like that, so they got ready the Amrit ceremony and this bloke alone shakked amrit and now the whole family took amrit I think and now they live happy. 

122644[/snapback]

Is AWESOME a correct word for this???