How Did U Find Him?

Heera Singh

My bro is really religious, at least he acts it, but nah he has been wow since he was a kid, he never liked meat and egg and when we were a few yrs old and went to Nanaksar in Jagraon I asked the Sant Ji there if there was kukkar dee latt in the langar  no.gif   while he happily drank tea with malai cos its ALL prashad  pray.gif   .

122644[/snapback]

hahahaha

yu are sooo cute veer ji tongue.gif

waheguru

very inspiring :nihungsmile:

There was a point in our lives when we made a decesion to follow this path, What made you become a Sikh???? I realized that I became a Sikh for the wrong reasons, I became a Sikh out of hate(after hearing about 1984 riots and attacks on Sikhs after 9/11) I felt angry and wanted to show the world my identity, and there were many times when I left my house looking for trouble, and I also became a Sikh to feel and look like a "good" person. Today I wish I could tell you that these arn't the reasons I am a Sikh, but I am sorry. So can you guy please tell me why you choose this path, why religion???

WJKK

WJKF

similar topic already being discussed in "how'd you find him"...

http://www.sikhsangat.com/index.php?showtopic=13894

123269[/snapback]

LOL.gifLOL.gif I never really cheched that post out because I thought it was about how to find a husband lol. Anyway, Heera Singh do you remember the moment in your life when you first realized "there is a God".

similar topic already being discussed in "how'd you find him"...

http://www.sikhsangat.com/index.php?showtopic=13894

123269[/snapback]

LOL.gifLOL.gif I never really cheched that post out because I thought it was about how to find a husband lol. Anyway, Heera Singh do you remember the moment in your life when you first realized "there is a God".

123277[/snapback]

lol! see that's why you should read the thread! Don't judge a book by the cover!

This has made me think.

Firstly, I would say Untitled Singh, that I don't think that there can be a "wrong" reason to get into Sikhi. Guru Maharaj has blessed us with Sikhi - that is a HUGE kirpa, there is no other path like it and blessed are those have found it. Those of us born into Sikhi must have done some awesome Karam in a previous life. Bhai Rama Singh Ji was born into a Hindu family and had to do some serious searching to find Satguru Siri Guru Granth Sahib Ji.

I think your reasons i.e '84 and 9/11 show that you must have had pyar for Sikhi, it just hadn't been ignited (can't think of better word!), I mean lots of people heard about effect of '84 and 9/11, but not everyone turned to Sikhi! Only if! rolleyes.gif

When did I realise there is a God? umm, can't remember first time, but numerous occasions have made me realise that Waheguru really does look after us all the time. We just don't know it. My personal examples may sound trivial so I'll spare everyone the boredom! Waheguru has a plan in place for us and we can't do anything to avoid it. :doh:

hukam rajaaee chalanaa naanak likhiaa naal ||1||

O Nanak, it is written that you shall obey the Hukam of His Command, and walk in the Way of His Will. ||1||

That thought and realisation makes me realise that God is closer to us than we think.... :) doooorrrooooorrooooroo!

wjkk wjkf.

Heyy everyone well liike heera said.. we need some inspiration on this forum so i guess i would add to it.

well my name is manleen kaur, and i grew up in Toronto until i was about 2, and then moved to .. my hometwown otawa, ontario.

The only reason i started coming to sangat all relates bak to my Family Doctor, ' dr. Dolly Kaur '. After my mom and dad had gotten to know her, she one day mentioned, the fact that they have sangat held at her house daily every saturday night. So my mom decided she would take us all .

at that point i was 3 or 4 years old. I dont quite remeber.. what it was like when i first went. But i remember after a while everyone somehow decided i should leearn how to do keertan so thats what happened and i have been doing keertan ever since . When i was younger i didnt obviuosly understand the meaning of keertan and what i was saying. I was jus sitting at the vajaaa singing gurujis praises and teachings.As i went through elementry i did get made fun of... many kids called me .. ' MAN-leen' or i remeber this one named kyle, in grade 6 said to me.. " so manleen, how longs ur di**" and all i remeber donig was looking at him for a second or 2, and thinking how dare he say that to me. but then i ran off and started to cry. I continued to ask guru ji, why i got made fun of so much. Why couldnt people jus like me for me? I didnt understand. And that same night i ran home and.. called my grandmother. In india. And i told her. ( my dads mother). She only said one line to me. " Fools, remeber god when in sorrow, and in sadness. But when they are living in happiness, and contentness they dont take a second to remeber the one, who gave them life. ".

That was my answer. It was the answer i had bene looking for my whole life. Then grade 6 had finished and i was back to my old ways. Forgetting guru ji, when ever i was in happiness but as soon as something happened to me that i didnt want, i would blame him. And get angry. As i had jus entered grade 7 (junior high ) My life turned around completely. I had seen all these ' popular gurls' who had all the friends in the world, we're preety, had boyfriends, and we're smart. They were what i wanted to be my entire life. So thats the turning point in my life. I started dressing all i dont even know the word but like princess said ' dress to impress'. Thats what i did. Started to wear make up and started to flirt with boys i didnt even know. As the yr went on, i became more and more popular,my grades started to drop and my mind went places it hadnt ever before. I felt like i was on top of the world. And that was a turning point. Grade 8 had started. The yr had started off preeety bad. Someone in my family had beomce severyly ill. A mental illness to be exact. It was one of the hardest things i have ever had to deal with . Watchin someone i cared about like no other, suffer in pain, in sorrow, in sadness.. And i couldnt even really help. I sat with them everynight, by they're bed and told them to repeat after me ' i will get better, i will get better, i will get better'. And at first they refused thinking it was a stupid idea but they slowly started too, and... yes it took quite a will for them to start recovering, and they are still on the path but the one thing i realized was, i remeber every night crying my self to sleeep, not wanting to wake up in themorning. I wanted to leave. Never to seee anyone. I couldnt imagine ... my life ever getting better. i wanted to hurt myself so bad. I felt jus so horrible.. like it would never get better. So one day, i talked to a gud friend/bhenji of mine.. all thru this persons sickness, she helped me more than ever imaginable she always told me.. ' be strong', 'guru ji is with u! he loves u '. And thats when it hit me. Literally, i thought to my self how dare i blame the Soul, who created me, and loved me, and .. is always with me. He ALWAYS DOES stuff for reasons, maybe we dont understand and maybe we do.But he knows the bigger picture.

That was the turning point. I started to want to learn about sikhi. I really enjoyed doing keertan at this point. It was a whole new world to me. I left makeup, boys, and all that crap behind and really started to learn the meaning of life, and why i was put on this earth. to become one with god. and to this day my love grows for guu ji, and i wish to be blessed with amrit one day. i will wait for that day, whenever it shall come.

i hope i was an inspiration to someone.

jus one last thought, that there is nothing better in my life than sikhi.

take care everyone.

waheguru ji ka khalsa, waheguru ji ji fateh.  pray.gif

123324[/snapback]

WAHEGUROOOO

And thats when it hit me. Literally, i thought to my self how dare i blame the Soul, who created me, and loved me, and .. is always with me. He ALWAYS DOES stuff for reasons, maybe we dont understand and maybe we do.But he knows the bigger picture

:)

Stay strong penji...keep shining..keep smiling.. pray.gif