Sangat Who Read Hindu Scriptures

tkkookar

vaheguru ji ka khalsa, vaheguru ji ki fatehhh

sangat ji .. i was reading one post on this forum "quran" .. and they were many people saying that they have different religious scriptures in their house or whatever.. what i want to know from sangat who has bhagvat gita or read vedas or sharastras .. for them i have questions to ask ..

1.does hindu scriputres says that brahmin is higher cast ?

2.women being sati?

3.killing cow?

4.wearing of sacred thread

5.wearing raak on the body inorder to remember death

and can some one tell me if there are more rituals than this ??

thanx

vaheguru ji ka khalsa, vaheguru ji ki fateh

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i have read the upanishaads and it gave many beautiful stories.

an example...

a student asked a brahmin where was god. the brahmin got a pot of water and has salt, and mixed the 2 together. he said to his student, can you see the salt now? the student said no, he asked the student to drink the water which was salty. the meaning of the story was this is what god is like, around us, but we cannot see it. just like the salt in the water.

another example.

the body parts are in a fight with each other, saying whos better than who. one of the organs (such as the eyes) say we want to go see god and leave the body. when it returns, the whole body missed him saying "we couldnt see without you" etc. each body part does the same thing, and the other body parts missed it. the moral is, that little thing we dont notice as important is considered very important when it goes.

the upanishaads are basically stories on how people merge with god, in there i saw nothing i regards to superstition, i really think thats hinduism how it was designed to be.

bhagad gita does not say anything in regards to such, its basically how krishan ji said i am the supreme soul.

1.does hindu scriputres says that brahmin is higher cast ?

i havent come across that, but the reason why brahmin is the highest is because these folk came from brahmas mouth.

the rest you mentioned are all culteral and not religious things

gustaphi maaf

"the body parts are in a fight with each other, saying whos better than who. one of the organs (such as the eyes) say we want to go see god and leave the body. when it returns, the whole body missed him saying "we couldnt see without you" etc. each body part does the same thing, and the other body parts missed it. the moral is, that little thing we dont notice as important is considered very important when it goes."

There are blind people who live fine. there are paralyzed people who live fine, etc. The body is just dust. It is the soul which is unhappy without waaheguru <-----sikhi perspective compared to the hinduism example

waheguru ji kekhalsa, waheguru ji ke fateh

Pyare jio, in rehras sahib,

Sagal Dwaar Ko Shaad ke, kai dwaaro dwaar

Bahagean ke laaj us Gobind dass tuaar.

I have left all other doors, and only Your door is for me.

Later

Ram, Raheem, Puran, Koran, Anek kahe Mat ek Na mano

Many scriptures, do not accept them.

waheguru ji kekhalsa, waheguru ji ke fateh

Ah cos we on topic of hinduism, thought I'd add this:

very dangerous so careful how u interpret itlol I remember watching AKS with Amitabh etc in it, dunno if anyone seen it but some guy kills ppl and justifies it by saying that the Bhagavad Gita says that no one kills and no one is killed (cos the soul is eternal ) and so he aint doing nothing wrong. Well scary film ohmy.gif (well for bollywood anyways). soz to go off topic a bit.

yeah in case anyone is wandering, Krishna is the charioteer when they are in battle and Arjun doesnt want to fight his relatives but Krishna says nothing bad about killing them because they don't die and then they reborn and get another chance. But for the good, Arjun must fight against evil.

Def a fun read as a general story book only:TH:

Thinks that's it, correct me if I'm wrong.