Sangat Who Read Hindu Scriptures

tkkookar

hmm reason i asked this question .. cuz in gurbani .. guru ji says that shastras, simirities and vedas doesn't know his limits.. even though guru ji himself says that we also doesn't know his limits .. and guru ji also says that ram rahim puran kuran anak kahe mat ek na manyo .. so wanted to see .. y guru ji said that ..

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

About Hindu scriptures, and the bible and Quran for that matter, I have noticed one thing.

Ok, you know all the sakhis we have of the gurus. Let's put them all into one big book. Like the sakhis about Guru Nanak Dev Ji and malik bhago, bhai Lalo, and the other gurus experiences as well.

This is basically what the hindu scriptures and other scriptures are. They are like biographies of these different people in the history of man. In Hindu scriptures so and so fought thsi war, so an dso married this woman etc. In the bible so and so parted the red sea and so forth. In the quran abraham saw the devil and stoned him, etc. In all these stories are morals. These morals form the foundation of these faiths or religions. Unlike these faiths based on stories of their Gods, leaders, saviors, Sikhi is based On shabad, Kirtan(Lord's praises), the word of God.

All these faiths say their scriptures are the word of god, but are biographies the word of God?

As a sikh, i personally believe that God's baani is supreme and Puran, perfect. people should read other scriptures for knowledge but only Naam is gonna go with us in the end so might as well go to the source of naam, waaheguru.

Unlike all these other faiths, we are not studying stories and finding morals of the story, we are gifted with satgur ki baani which is waaheguru's saroop.

peace.

yeah in case anyone is wandering, Krishna is the charioteer when they are in battle and Arjun doesnt want to fight his relatives but Krishna says nothing bad about killing them because they don't die and then they reborn and get another chance. But for the good, Arjun must fight against evil.

Def a fun read as a general story book only:TH:

Thinks that's it, correct me if I'm wrong.

123822[/snapback]

yeh in 1 salok krishna ses dat arjun should only worship god.. den in the next 1 ses that he should forget al dharm n worship HIM wacko.gif

bechara arjun...

yeah in case anyone is wandering, Krishna is the charioteer when they are in battle and Arjun doesnt want to fight his relatives but Krishna says nothing bad about killing them because they don't die and then they reborn and get another chance. But for the good, Arjun must fight against evil.

Def a fun read as a general story book only:TH:

Thinks that's it, correct me if I'm wrong.

123822[/snapback]

yeh in 1 salok krishna ses dat arjun should only worship god.. den in the next 1 ses that he should forget al dharm n worship HIM wacko.gif

bechara arjun...

123979[/snapback]

again do not confuse this as Ego of Krishna, he himself was God, he does not say worship him as in the physical self or the ego. Rather the true form of him which is the Brahma. you have to decipher the truth behind the words.

yeah that was Krishna revealing the real him, as in, this is me.

correct me if I'm wrong but its a bit like when Guru Ji says the Brahmgyani is nirankaar, a part of God or God.

So Krishna was a part of God or a god within Hinduism.

Nothing wrong with that, such a powerful being is sitting with Arjun, about time he revealed the real him lol.

I'm not saying its the same as Sikhism so no one get me wrong but I can see the logic behind it- although I don't worship him.

Waheguru ji ka khalsa waheguru ji ki fateh

so where does jesus come into the picture then?

123978[/snapback]

He comes into the picture much later, Moses is supposed to be a prophet of God. Jews and Christians call him Moses and Muslims call him Musa.

Adam, Noah, Abraham, Jacob, Moses, Jesus etc are all supposed to be prophets as per the bible. As you know the bible is divided into 2 parts: The 'Old testament' and the 'New testament'.

Adam, Noah, Abraham, Moses etc are the prophets of the old testament and it is the 'new testament' which essentially deals with life immidiately before the birth of Christ and thereafter.