Disrespect Of Guru Jee - Royal Lancaster Hall

msjskb

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fateh Ji

Yes thanks goes out to EktaOne.com for their contribution but a request goes out to the sangat, if you have questions then please contact the main sevadars of the campaign as they can give you the direct information you require correctly.

Updates will follow on the SikhDreamWeddings.co.uk Website this weekend so please be sure to view. At the present time i have not had a chance to make the updates but will be sure to put up any important updates this weekend!!

Any questions then please email the campaign directly and not go through 3rd party websites as though they support, which we are in great thanks!! They can not give you the direct responses offered by the campaign...

Once again thought! Thanks for the support!! And also!! please dont just make the phone calls, be prepared to be there on the day!! theres plenty of notice and this disscussion is more then active!! therefore no excuses people!!! if each person brings one person then we will make a big impact!!

WJKK WJKF

VJKK VJKF

Hope this helps...

- - - - - - - -

To Whom It May Concern:

We understand you may have a flood of e-mails and telephone calls regarding the wedding which is taking place at your hotel next weekend. This has caused worldwide outrage with the Sikh community, but as well as outrage, it is deeply upsetting and hurtful. If you knew how much respect we have for our sacred Guru Granth Sahib Jee, you would think twice about allowing this wedding to take place at your hotel. We understand you are trying to run a fair business and it was booked with wrong information provided to you by a renegade priest who has no credibility in the Sikh community.

We run a website which reaches millions worldwide and we too are joining in the campaign, not to organise a protest, but to convince you before it gets to that stage to withdraw this ceremony from taking place with Guru Granth Sahib Jee present. I am sure you have been told the reasons why this is not acceptable in our community, and we are asking for you to listen to our request. The matter is drawing attention from Sikhs worldwide who will do everything in their power to stop this event from taking place and I am sure you can do without the protests taking place next weekend at your hotel.

We hope you will fulfil our requests and respond accordingly.

Regards,

EktaOne.com

125794[/snapback]

GurFateh!

Thanks EktaOne.com  :TH:

Can other websites do the same? Its not about agreeing with the Campaign, its the issue thats important.

The issue is that Guru Maharaj must not be taken to hotels, clubs, pubs, banqueting hall etc.

Please send a response to Royal Lancaster Hotel, to stop this beadbi

SSadmin can you help?

125799[/snapback]

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh!

Sangat visit Vectone Punjab TV studios

Members of the Sangat visited Vectone Punjab TV Studios this evening to raise concerns about Granthi Harbans S Suraj with the producer Bikramjit Singh Sandhu.

A meeting was held today by Vectone TV management regarding Harbans Singh Suraj where a decision was made to keep him on. In the meeting with the TV management Suraj denied that he had previously taken Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji to Hotels, Banquting Halls etc. or gone against the 1998 Akal Takht Hukumnama. He also denied that he has any involvement with the wedding at the Royal Lancaster Hotel on 23 October 2005.

The Sangat have agreed with Vectone Punjab TV (SKY channel 823) that tomorrow (13 October 2005) live on air between 7pm & 8pm Harbans Singh Suraj must read and agree to the Hukamnama from Sri Akal Takht Sahib and state that he will not be taking Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji to Royal Lancaster on the 23rd of October.

If Harbans Suraj refuses to do this then Vectone will have enough reason to remove him from their programme schedule.

We are passing video footage and pictures of Harbans Suraj at a number of Hotels performing "Sikh" wedding ceremonies to Vectone Punjab TV. If Suraj goes llive on air and denies that he has been involved in this then he is blatantly lying and Vectone TV must decide on whether to keep him on.

We will keep you posted on the outcome.

GurFateh!

Wjkk Wjkf

I take it that, for this specific wedding, Maharaaj will not be coming from any specific gurdwara, but from this Vectone "Giani's" house? Am I Right?

Also, is there a database that has all the updated lists of Gurdwara sahibs, and is there an organisation that has "authority" or like a council of all Gurdwaras in UK? (apart from Akaal Thakath).

What I had in mind was, an organisation like, "Council of Sikh Gurdwaras". Is this an orgnisation that could send letters out to all Gurdwara sahibs in UK and basically, in a nutshell, say that you are not allowed to let familes take Guru ji to halls n pubs n stuff...?

I found the website for the Council of Sikh Gurdwaras, but I think they are for Birmingham only??

http://www.sikhcouncil.org/

Within this letter circulation, Gurdwara Sahib commitees/sewadars/gianis will know about the current affairs, i.e. Guru ji being forced to go into Halls, and also they will hear about the Respect for Guru ji Campaign. Moreover, you never know, they may encourage their local youths to help such campaigns and in return, provide the Youths with transport (Gurdwara Minibuses).

R4G, if you have online versions of the Leaflets/Literature of the campaign, can you PLEASE PLEASE upload it here, as we can get emails sent out to our friends and families that will be interested to know about these issues and will want to get involved, Helping Save Guru Ji being sent to environments where there is tobacco, meat and alcohol.

The way I think of it, Wherever Guru ji is, that is Guru's Darbar --> Gurdwara.

Guru ji's darbar is not in halls, where there is tobacco, meat and alcohol, and other disrespectful acts going on.

Pul Chuk Maaf

Wjkk Wjkf

Ranz Paji,

Please go to www.sikhdreamweddings.co.uk and you can see all the previous items on there.

We have formulated the site for this sole purpose but no1 seems to be using it?

If you want to read about previous weddings, its on there! If you want any further information which may not be posted on here, its on there!!

we had photographs but were requested to remove by certain authorities for safety but the written text is still there.

Over the course of the weekend i will try and make some more PDF documents which can be printed off and then distributed but if not please if anyone is creative, make one up and email in so we can put up for download!!

Thanks

WJKK WJKF

Wjkk Wjkf

I take it that, for this specific wedding, Maharaaj will not be coming from any specific gurdwara, but from this Vectone "Giani's" house? Am I Right?

Also, is there a database that has all the updated lists of Gurdwara sahibs, and is there an organisation that has "authority" or like a council of all Gurdwaras in UK? (apart from Akaal Thakath).

What I had in mind was, an organisation like, "Council of Sikh Gurdwaras". Is this an orgnisation that could send letters out to all Gurdwara sahibs in UK and basically, in a nutshell, say that you are not allowed to let familes take Guru ji to halls n pubs n stuff...?

I found the website for the Council of Sikh Gurdwaras, but I think they are for Birmingham only??

Within this letter circulation, Gurdwara Sahib commitees/sewadars/gianis will know about the current affairs, i.e. Guru ji being forced to go into Halls, and also they will hear about the Respect for Guru ji Campaign. Moreover, you never know, they may encourage their local youths to help such campaigns and in return, provide the Youths with transport (Gurdwara Minibuses).

R4G, if you have online versions of the Leaflets/Literature of the campaign, can you PLEASE PLEASE upload it here, as we can get emails sent out to our friends and families that will be interested to know about these issues and will want to get involved, Helping Save Guru Ji being sent to environments where there is tobacco, meat and alcohol.

The way I think of it, Wherever Guru ji is, that is Guru's Darbar --> Gurdwara.

Guru ji's darbar is not in halls, where there is tobacco, meat and alcohol, and other disrespectful acts going on.

Pul Chuk Maaf

Wjkk Wjkf

125912[/snapback]

DEAR Sangat JI,

I am not in England and hence i am feeling very bad about this issue and wont be able to help. But I am going to India (Amritsar) for my marriage in december and I will personally meet the president Bibi Jagir Kaur and the head granthi of the golden temple and will check for the situation... I am feeling very hurt from that communist bride\s father...if u are a communist...why u are marrying in presence of guru sahib..... then there should nt be any guru present there... jst out rings and marriage finished.... i feel like slapping him on his face jst now....

hope SGPC comes up in postiive reoply

Fateh

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh!!

Dhan Dhan Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji!!

Sangat has received confirmation from Craig Robertson, Director Conference & Banqueting of Royal Lancaster Hotel London, that the Anand Karaj will not happen in the hotel & Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji will not be brought onto the hotel complex.

The Anand Karaj will happen at Shepard’s Bush Gurdwara, on 23rd October 2005, which is 5 minutes from the hotel.

Craig admitted that the board of directors could not believe the response & the emotions of the Sikh Community. He also said that they did not receive any abusive or confrontational telephone call or email. The Sangat who rang it or emailed wished to educate the hotel about Sikh Principles and the greatness of Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji.

Royal Lancaster is in the process of drafting a statement and this will be emailed to all members of the Sangat who sent an email about this issue. This should be out by the evening.

Thank you to all, Guruji has blessed everyone.

It is amazing to see the passion within our Sikh Sangat who stand against beadbi. Together we can work towards the end of this bad practice of taking Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji to hotels, clubs, banqueting halls etc where alcohol, meat & tobacco is continuously served.

GurFateh!