Disrespect Of Guru Jee - Royal Lancaster Hall

msjskb

Guru Gobind Singh Jis HORSE!! Yes HIS HORSE!!! Refused to walk through a Tobbaco Field.

HIS HORSE

I will keep emphasasing, HIS HORSE!!!

And if HIS HORSE refused to let Maharaj through then why should we permit Guru Ji to go to these places?

Maharaj does say cleanse the sinful, but if he himself doesnt want go to these places then he wont, ie he will send a fauja down to protect him. That is afterall, what we are here to do.

He himself tests his Sikhs, all those who wear Bana etc, Amritdhari, he wants to see who is really his Khalsa, and who is doing maybe for show? Saint Soldier, his is army. Not one, but both.

We have a duty to stand there.

Thank you for that response. It does resolve my query to some extent.

A questions tho, How do you know if Maharaj ji does and doesn't want to go to these places? If using the above Sakhi as your justifications then the answer is obviously always 'No'. At the Same time Guru Nanak Dev ji

He showered infinite grace on those who had gone astray. With this infinite grace He transformed murderers, robbers, cannibals into saints and gods. He refashioned the condemned ones into divinities. Such was the unique impact of His infinite grace on the low, the poor and the condemned ones.

http://www.srigurugranthsahib.org/guru-nan...of-humility.htm

This could not have happened if Guru Nanak Dev ji simply turned away because they were alcholics or Sinners.

Please do not take this as i am blind to what you are doing or saying, i do realize the importance of what you say or do, but at the same time i feel both points need to be considered.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i see what your saying pheena ji. and you do have a point

but in this case the bad outweighs the good that would come from the situation.

this is nothing but disrespect of our guru ji. the good that would come out of people getting maharaj's darshan is not overlooked - but it is different from when guru nanak dev ji went to sajjan thug's or other great sinners.

they could understand the language he was speaking. the campaign is not made so that people cannot get darshan of guru ji if they are not amritdhari - ofcourse not. but the minimum that we can do is ask people to come to gurudwara. The minimum respect is upheld in most.

if we dont respect our guru ji, how can we ever fold our hands before him and ask for something?

please make sure as many people come to the event, its no good banging keyboards if your not going to attend the wedding and physically protest.

how can we call ourselves sikhs (of the guru) if we do nothing when our guru ji is disrespected?

if we dont stand up now and show our united stance now, it'll keep happening. today a hotel, tommorow a pub. (makes me sick when i hear people say they will be too tired/working/watching simpsons)

sorry if i've offended anyone.

What really annoys me is that Guru Sahib Jee is used as a commodity - people think that they can take Guru Sahib Jee wherever they want when they need them to perform a ceremony such as a wedding and have no respect for Guru Jee whatsoever. :)

It is we who need to travel to Guru Jee to get their blessings..There is no shortage of Gurdwaras in England.

How can marriages be successful be without Guru Jee's blessings. We need to take the first step towards Guru Jee and then they will take thousands of steps towards us.

Bhul Chuk Maaf

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh!

Received this response from Craig Robertson:

we are recording and passing on concerns

raised by the various methods of correspondence to the family holding the event.

As Chris mentioned we can only guide our clients who have hired our facilities unless they are in breach of the law. As no statues are to be broken at the Hotel, all we can do is raise your concerns with the wedding party.

I don't doubt the upset this causes within the Sikh.

Craig

Their hands are not tied, that means thishotel bows down to wedding arrangers like Curry Special?

If Lakeside in Camberly, Woburn Abbey & Baylis House have agreed not to allow Maharaj on their premises then whats stopping Royal Lancaster?

Time to ring Curry Special, especially Paul's mobile.

Posting from Tapoban.org

Author: anotherSingh

Date: 10-11-05 01:13

I am a distant relative of a distant relative of one the families involved. I only realised when I saw the email. I spoke to my distant relative yesterday.

These guys are very stuck on doing the wedding. They have already arranged for the Hotel security to handle the campaign group. The boys side have said do it in the Gurdwara. But the girls side, whos dad is a bit of a communist, has a huge EGO. He thinks he can take anyone on, and just does not care about Guru ji.

I told them the Campaign Group are solid, and they should listen to them. But my distant relative just said its already been sorted. This Giani guy from Southall who is on the TV has planned it all. He is the mastermind who is helping them. They will be taking Guru ji to the Hotel the night before. Then Hotel security will just keep Campaign group away from Hotel. I think they have spoken to Police aswell.

So this Morcha needs to be very highly organised. Campaign group need to liase with police. The mastermind Giani needs to be taken seriously. That is the key. He is the person who is pushing it, and the Dad of the girl. If we can stop the Giani taking Guru ji to the hotel the night before, I think the rest will capitulate, and they will do it in the Gurdwara.

Will keep sangat up to date when I can do some more digging around.

Please forward to other groups and messageboards.

I think he's mistaken about the Giani being from Southall...the only Giani on TV at this moment is Suraj

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh!

Sangat Ji,

We must try our best to avoid protesting on the day. If we are proactive enough in communicating our concerns to the management of the Royal Lancaster Hotel & Curry Special then we should be able to resolve the situation.

Granthi Harbans Suraj should know better, especially if he is willing to take Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji's Saroop the night before to the Hotel. This is totally unacceptable!! What's worse is he has a platform to do Sikh Parchar on TV!

Keep up the pressure with the Hotel. They now have a recorded message for this particular issue. Please leave a polite message if you are put through to the recording.

Ring up Granthi Harbans Suraj in Gillingham, Kent on 01634 576100. Remember he is live on air between 7pm and 8pm so cannot take your calls then!