Via Rail Says No To Kirpan

Sher Khalsa

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

clearly a bunch of dumbasses at via

"their policy forbids anything that can be a weapon aboard their trains...."

yet you'll see business people taking sharp pens or pins on their suits.... a kid with a pen is just as dangerous, the kid could start runnin around stabbin people with a pen......

no women with long nails...could be used as a weapon.

what dumbasses..i take the train all the time........ and it's pure hypocrisy.... one day i was purchasing a ticket, it was on august 22nd i believe, from ottawa to toronto, and the ticket agent hda all these questions about sikhi...very nice man.... very polite.... understood the kirpan, and even knew i had one, yet he still sold me a ticket.

What freaking hypocrites.

clearly a bunch of dumbasses at via

"their policy forbids anything that can be a weapon aboard their trains...."

yet you'll see business people taking sharp pens or pins on their suits.... a kid with a pen is just as dangerous, the kid could start runnin around stabbin people with a pen......

no women with long nails...could be used as a weapon.

what dumbasses..i take the train all the time........ and it's pure hypocrisy.... one day i was purchasing a ticket, it was on august 22nd i believe, from ottawa to toronto, and the ticket agent hda all these questions about sikhi...very nice man.... very polite.... understood the kirpan, and even knew i had one, yet he still sold me a ticket.

What freaking hypocrites.

"What freaking hypocrites"

I was thinking the same thing.

On first class, when dinner is served, people get knives and forks. That knife is ok but a kirpan isn't.

The rules are completely aribitrary.

VIA doesn't have metal detectors and doesn't check baggage. So a Sikh who wears his kirpan openly is not allowed on, but conversely, someone who decides to hide a weapon under his/her clothes or luggage is fine.

Does that make any sense?

WOW. I just saw the video. We should get our mp's to look into this.

I just wanted to know what's the maximum length of kirpan can we wear in Canada? Is maximum length of kirpan mentioned anywhere in document?

128711[/snapback]

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa. Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh.

i dont think there is a maximum length of kirpan we can wear in Canada, as a whole...meaning i dont think that there is a specific law saying that you cant have a kirpan that is longer than "so-and-so" length. i believe that there is a certain size for school and in public areas, but not Canada, as one place though...

and no, we're not allowed wearing it on the outside in public places, even though so many of us do tongue.gif lol

but yeah...we must all FIGHT FOR OUR RIGHTS TOGETHER, AS SISTERS AND BROTHERS! and letting them see how cool we really are, instead of them thinking that we may (or use) our Sri Sahibs (kirpaans) as weapons...we're not like that..we just fight for justice! :) cuz WE ARE THE KHALSA! THE MIGHTY, MIGHTY KHALSA! woohoo.gif

ok..i think im beings stupid now... :doh:

anywhooooo...we should all come forth as a family that we are, and see how we can help. even though veer ji looks as if he is strong and cool enough to pull it off by himself...HE'S WAY TOO COOL TO BE PUT DOWN, NO MATTER WHO HE'S AGAINST! :doh:

and the MP's????

HAHAHA! as my mom always says "They only woory about their votes!" look at how much navdeep bains has done for us....what has he done for us? not much, thats what. ha! they wont take action unless it gets to the issue where we wont be allowed to wear dastars in our schools..then they'll talk! :doh:

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa. Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh.

Was legal counsel representing our brother? I skimmed through the article but do not recall any mention of counsel.

We need more sikh MPs, lawyers,artists, judges, journalists. Many of you are in the early stages of careers or school, if the cause is sikhi, the training is school or excelling at whatever you do.

These kind of obstacles are the modern battlefield and your reason to be the absolute best teachers, businesspeople, poets, parents etc. Some require inherit talent, but all require chardi kala determination.

"We need more sikh MPs, lawyers,artists, judges, journalists. Many of you are in the early stages of careers or school, if the cause is sikhi, the training is school or excelling at whatever you do."

its not abt quantity, its quality.. memba we dint need millions of singhs 2 battle wid millions of mughals :) .. i suggest imrpove the MPs we DO have.. they can do more imapct than loads not-so-useful MPs get me?

anywhooo trains.. kirpan.. lol man it makes me laff at their logic. HAS THERE EVER BEEN AN INCIDENT WHERE KIRPAN WAS USED WRONGLY?

HAS A TURBANNED MAN BEEN INVOLVED IN TERRORIST ATTACKS?? according to my knowledge only the 1ns who haf shiort hair been directly involved... agreed?!?!? The turbanned muslim terrorists r in afghanistan chilling in the mountains...

:doh: @ see wot i mean?? no logic AT ALL.

It's sad to see the intolerance towards one of our kakkars, the kirpan. The kirpan is not a 'sword' its more of a 'shield', its never to be used as the aggressor, never used to oppress. It is meant to uphold justice, and protect the weak. The police wear their guns and no one is intimidated or afraid because they know the gun is their to protect them. THE SAME THING WITH THE KIRPAN, we just need to make people aware of this. For example if a Sikh see's someone being mugged by 5 people, the Sikh had the duty of of running in there and helping the person being mugged without thinking of his/her own safety. A Sikh will sacrifice themselves to protect/help those in need.

People need to think about these following points.

1) has a turbanned Sikh ever been involved in a terrorist attack? NO

2) has a Sikh every used a kirpan to initiate violence?

3) has their been any reported cases of a kirpan being used in a negative way?

Another major point, Sikhs are not allowed unseathing their kirpan unless its a life or death situation and to protect themelves or others.

People have nothing to fear, Sikhs have had kirpans since 1699 (even before that), and it has NEVER been used for wrong.

The VIA incident that just happened, it's hypocrisy. On the first class dining cart they willingly give out knives and forks for people to eat, those can easily be used as weapons. Kids with sharp pens can run around stabbing people, theres so many sharp objects on the train. People can even conceal a weapon and come on the train if they want to cause trouble.

Balpreet Singh who came on the train wearing a kirpan which was visible to everyone isnt allowed on. Now let's think, if the kirpan is visible to everyone do you really think hes going to cause trouble, when theres so many other ways to get a weapon on board or to bring one on board without causing attention to ones self. It just makes no sense, Sikhs are honest law abiding citizens, and should be treated as so.

Sikhs weres the first regiment to land at Flanders Fields to fight the Germans, Sikhs were the personal security to the Queen. Sikhs have always sacrificed themselves for others, it isn't about the change now. We just have to let the world know