Chaupai Sahib

SGPC is still managing Gurudwaras better than some of these jathas would do. They were very good until late 1970s when derawalas started to creep in. Joats came in, brahmnee rituals came back in. Here translate this for all the readers of Sikhsangat. Before you post your reply here: Make sure you did the aarth correctly. Verify it with each and every family member of yours and even the relatives if needed. Don't reply unless you translate this. Translate it into modern Punjabi and English. Also do katha at Dixie Gurudwara. Don't post your reply until you do. Email me about when you are going to do katha, so I can see if you did it or not. Email me one week before so I can notify the Sangat to attend.

iek idn BWg, imqR qy leI .. (cirqR 325, 1281)

posq sihq, APIm cVHweI ..

bhu riq1 krI, n bIrj igrweI ..

AwT2 phr lig, kuAir bjweI4 .. 10..

sB inis 5 nwir, Bog jb pwXo ..

bhu Awsn6 kir, hrK7 bFwXo .. 11..

8dÍY Gitkw, jo Bog krq nr ..

qw9 pr rIJq, nwir bhuq kr..

cwir10 phr, jo kyl kmwvY 12 ..

so ikauN n iqRX ko13, icq curwvY .. 12..

rYin14 skl iqn, qruin15 bjweI16 ..

Bwiq Bwiq ky, swQ hMFweI17 ..

Awsn kry, qruin bhu hwrw ..

cuMbnwid20, nK18 Gwq19 Apwrw .. 13 ..

1. Kyh Kwx dI ikRXw 2. 24 GMitAw qk 3. kuAwrI kuVI 4. nwl Bog kIqw 5. rwq 6. kwm ikRXw dy Awsn 7. KuSI 8. do GVIAW (pOxy ku GMty dw smw) 9. Aijhy purK 10. 12 GMitAw qk 11. kwm kRIVw 12. kry 13. iesqRI 14. rwq 15. jvwn iesqRI 16. nwl Bog kIqw 17. Bog kIqw 18. nhuM, nwKUn 19. mwrny 20. cuMmx Awidk

meanings of some words which might be hard are given.

You know what. The fact is that your Guru is the Guru of the dera. And believe me it is not SatGuru Guru Granth Sahib Ji. Show me one reference of the word <admin-profanity filter activated> in Guru Granth Sahib Ji. Also if Guru Ji used these words freely, why are they censored here? Lets talk about sex? No? Why? Guru Ji talked about it openly in Dasam Granth? NO? Lets talk about <admin-profanity filter activated> in <admin-profanity filter activated> like it talks about it in Dasam Granth? No?

You still didn't answer.

Where were these so-called Puratan Jathas when statues were placed in Darbar Sahib, when hair were cut in front of Akaal Takht, when girls were raped by Udasis and Mahants, when Hindu rituals were at max in GuruGhars. Who removed them? Who brought the awakening? Some Brahmanified group or Singh Sabha?

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And thus the Khalsa Fauj and other conspirators against the heavenly bani of Guru Gobind Singh as enshrined in the Sri Dasam Granth Sahib danced gayly into the arms of the RSS and others who seek to destroy Sikh lineage and heritage by doing their works for them, these imprudent persons could not see past their own noses yet feel they are able to effectively speak of the scriptures, little realising what they were in fact doing is chopping off their own feet.

The damage that will be caused by such 'censorship' and 'paranoia' to the Sikh Panth will be long lasting and unfrotunately this time there will be no Brahmins to blame for 'contaminating' our scriptures, no Government to blame for burning our reference library, no RSS, only the Sikhs of today's "khalsa"...

if ur gonna call some people rss agent or watever niranjina.. i wanna ask you something.. you know baba virsa he is gvivng copys out of dasam granth you know that???? RSS they beleieve in dasam granth.... baba virsa doesnt believe in anaksahi celender neither does RSS... NOW... SANT SAMAJ believe in dasam granth and oppose nanakshahi calender and other countless issues like akal takht reyat maryada.... Now what is the difference between RSS, BABA VIRSA AND SANT SAMAJ???? grin.gif

First of all there is no doubt that there could be many mixed ups in Dasam Granth and it is the responsibility of Sikh scholars to do research and present the facts to Akal Takhat Sahib and sort out this issue.

Tribhangi Chhands (201-220, In Akal Ustat) are clearly in praise of the devi.

Akal Ustat is bani of worship of Akal only. For guru ji Akal is male and female. Guru Ji sees Waheguru in everything as it becomes clear from reading:

ਕਹੂੰ ਦੇਵਬਾਨੀ ਕਹੂੰ ਸਾਰਦਾ ਭਵਾਨੀ ਕਹੂੰ ਮੰਗਲਾ ਮਿੜਾਨੀ ਕਹੂੰ ਸਿਆਮ ਕਹੂੰ ਸੇਤ ਹੋ ॥

ਕਹੂੰ ਬੇਦ ਰੀਤ ਕਹੂੰ ਤਾ ਸਿਉ ਬਿਪ੍ਰੀਤ ਕਹੂੰ ਤ੍ਰਿਗੁਨ ਅਤੀਤ ਕਹੂੰ ਸੁਰਗੁਨ ਸਮੇਤ ਹੋ ॥੪॥੧੪॥

If we take the meanings literally we will have to accept that if Waheguru works according to Vedas then we must also start following the vedas. Even Bhagat Kabeer Ji saw Waheguru in a dog but that doesn't mean we should take it literally and start worshipping dogs. Guru Ji also refers to Waheguru as Shardha, Bhvanai, Neelkanth etc.

pRb jU qo kh lwj hmwrI ]

nIl kMT nrhir nwrwiex nIl bsn bnvwrI]1] rhwau ]

In Shashtarnama in the beginning there is a whole chapter (27 chhands) in praise of the devi.

This bani is description of Shahstars. First 27 Chands talk about Shahstars. Perhaps I read the wrong ones and misunderstood.

Chandi Charitar I & II, Chaubis Avtar, Rudra Avtar including parts of Charitropakhyan, all relate to the Puranic myths that are in praise of the devi and avtars.

Yes it does but that does not mean that Guru Ji worshipped these hindu deities. There is a fine line between translating puranic myths and praising devis. All these puranic myths were written in Sanskrit. So scholars should provide some info about the brahmin who learned Gurmukhi and Brij Basha and translated Sanskrit. Guru Ji clearly explained His purpose of translating these texts:

dsm kQw BwgOq kI BwKw krI bnwie ]

Avr vwsnw nwih pRBu Drm Xu`D ky cwie ]

Some Facts

1) RSS and ashutosh may be supporting Dasam Granth but that does not mean we should reject its authority. What if they started supporting the fact that Sikhs are not Hindus? Then what? Will we reject this fact just because they support it? These anti-panthic organizations support Dasam Granth for a different purpose. Bhai Piara Singh, Kahan Singh Nabha and others supported it for a different purpose.

2) Majority of the kala afghana supporters reject Dasam Granth because according to them they can't find any evidence that Guru Ji recited any bani from Dasam Granth in 1699. I don't know why kaloo raam expected to find anything by sitting in his house for 15 years. Even if there is no evidence but there is also no evidence that is to the contrary.

3) Testing and comparing Dasam Granth with Guru Granth Sahib Ji is foolishness. Dasam Granth was not given the authority of our Guru. Do you think that Guru Ji should've added some of his banis and leave out the others? why? Akaal Ustat, Jaap Sahib and other banis are Guru Ji's own work but puranic stories are translated from other texts and thus cannot be called Bani. If I take a pro-abortion article in English and translate it into Punjabi does not mean I am a pro-abortionist. Bhai Gurdas Ji's vaars talk about stories and historical journeys of Guru Nanak Dev Ji. By comparing these vaars to Gurbani what do we get? For example, take the following Vaar:

bwmHx pUjY dyvqy DMnw gaU crwvx AwvY] DMnY ifTw cilq eyh puCY bwmHx AwK suxwvY]

Twkur dI syvw kry jo ieCy soeI Pl pwvY] DMnw krdw jodVI mYN iB dyh iek jo quD BwvY]

p`Qr iek lpyt kr dy DMny noN gYl CufwvY] Twkur noN nHwvwlky Cwih rotI lY Bog cVHwvY]

hQ joV imMnq kry pYrIN pY pY bhuq mnwvY] hauN bI mUMh n juTwlsW qUM ruTw mYN ikhu n suKwvY]

goseIN prq`K hoie rotI Kwie Cwih muih lwvY] Bolw Bwau goivMd imlwvY ]ñó]

Many have concluded that this vaar is not of Bhai Gurdas Ji but a story copied from hindu texts simply because it "supports" idol worship. That is just great. Just because we can't understand the purpose or the significance it automatically becomes a "mix-up"? This way we will have to reject everything we don't understand. Bhai Nand Lal Ji's work is not any different. If we take his gazal of "Guru Gobind Singh" and compare it to Gurbani can we conclude that it is a pro-Gurmat? Only banis included in Guru Granth Sahib Ji can be compared to other banis of Guru Granth Sahib Ji.

4) Just because Guru Ji translated some stories does not mean we have to take them as "Gurbani". Bhagat Kabir Ji's bani is included in Guru Granth Sahib but the fact of the matter is that followers of Kabeer Ji have a granth of more than 1000 pages that includes nothing but work of Bhagat Kabeer Ji. Now should we also give those left out shabads of Bhagat Ji the authority of Gurbani? I don't think so. There is a difference between Bani and translation of puranic texts.

Someone should provide the answers as this fool is still learning. Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh