Many Wives In Sikhism

Guest Dilkaraja

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

Yahe paji, I read that saying they were one person. Fine lets leave that for one second and say they were one person, even though there is an argument against that claim, not sayin if its right or wrong. What about guru hargobind sahib je maharaj? He had more than 1 wife didnt he?

BHULL CHUKK MAFF

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

I highly doubt it.

I refuse to doubt my guru sahib.

Theres a sakhi about Guru Gobind Singh Jee, which I am having a hard time remembering but it goes like this. Guru Sahib was travelling with some gursikhs and they passed a grave. Guru Sahib stopped and said this is the grave of a very important person (I forget who). Guru Sahib said we must pay our respects at this grave by bowing, he told the Singhs to do so. At this point, one of the Singhs said, but Guru sahib you told us not to do this. Guru Sahib looked angry, but then began smiling. "How can you follow a hypocrite? I am not a hypocrite, anything the Guru says is true and even I must obey my hukam."

I beleive it went something like that. Guru Sahib is no hypocrite, he wouldnt tell us do one thing, and then go do opposite thing himself.

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Im with you MKhalsa paji je. NEVER doubt your guru sahib je. After all guru sahib valued the maryada so much, how can we say he'll break it? Perhaps this is rss work. I dont know, Ill ask some more singhs.

BHULL CHUKK MAFF

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!

Veer khalistani jee... sangat might get confused jee with your comments... I am 100% sure that none of our guru sahib had more than one wifes... you can read history books by bhai sahib randhir singh or asht gur chamatkaar or khalgidhar chamatkaar by bhai veer singh ji for further details...

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!

first of all guru sahib have never had a phisical realtion with their own wifes,they got son just by looking and if anyone ask me prove ill not beacuse this is said by very very very chardi kalla singhs(i dont need to prove i belive in my guru yet im a rascal) and 2nd gurujee had more than 1 wife ,yes they had but its a very big katha behind it of guru gobind singh maharaj when he was in his pechla jamma as (dustdaman) many singhs over here must be knowing this katha if they can post it itll be awsome sewa. and plss donot suspect whether he had 1 or 2 he had so he had we dont know rite katha behind it so plss modeators if u see the thread (misunderstands too much dont close but remove it)

first of all guru sahib have never had a phisical realtion with their own wifes,they got son just by looking and if anyone ask me prove ill not beacuse this is said by very very very chardi kalla singhs(i dont need to prove i belive in my guru yet im a rascal) and 2nd gurujee had more than 1 wife ,yes they had but its a very big katha behind it of guru gobind singh maharaj when he was in his pechla jamma as (dustdaman) many singhs over here must be knowing this katha if they can post it itll be awsome sewa. and plss donot suspect whether he had 1 or 2 he had so he had we dont know rite katha behind it so plss modeators if u see the thread (misunderstands too much dont close but remove it)

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!

Now this is too much... comeon... our guru sahib was and is and will be most practical...

Please i dun wanna see more comments for guru sahib...

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Yahe paji, I read that saying they were one person. Fine lets leave that for one second and say they were one person, even though there is an argument against that claim, not sayin if its right or wrong. What about guru hargobind sahib je maharaj? He had more than 1 wife didnt he?

BHULL CHUKK MAFF

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

actually accroding to Kavi Santokh Singh Ji's Sri Gurpartap Suraj Granth Guru Hargobind Sahib ji did have more than one wife but that Granth also tells us the reason why Guru Sahib had to keep more than one mehal. First of all, when Guru Arjan Sahib ji refused to marry Guru Hargobind Sahib ji to Chandu's daughter the Sangat felt extereme happiness because Guru Sahib only did that on Sangat's request and along with that, they must have felt a lot of beer-rass because Chandu was a close associate of the King and turning him off meant turning of the King and only someone full of courage could do that. So when Guru Sahib refused to marry his son of Chandu's daughter a Sikh full of happiness stood up (this all happened inside of Sri Darbar Sahib) and told Guru Sahib that Guru Hargobind Sahib ji could be married to his daughter and Guru Arjan Sahib ji said he will think about it. Right after t

hat another Sikh got up and said the same thing. And because it was Sangat's hukam it had to be obeyed. Moreover, it was not Guru Hargobind Sahib ji who wanted to marry more than once as he was arranged at a very young age.

So this is the story given to us by Sri Gurpartap Suraj Granth.

Guest balwinderkaur

distortions of sikhee history has led to this.....some "sikhs" believing that our gurus had more than one wife. ARGH!! :@ @ ;) @ :@ @ were our gurus soooo lustful that they had to take more than one wife????? were our gurus sooooo power and status hungry that they had to have more than one consort to show off???????? NO I DONT THINK SO. Our Gurus only had one wife all the way........about guru hargobind jee....i think the idea of him having 3?? wives is probably another dumb story concocted by fools(RSS perhaps...like khalistani said tongue.gif ) who wanna delude us. And we're falling into their trap. :( I think we should not do be-adbi of gurujee by doubting him and thinking he had more than one wife. Our guru deserves more credibility than that. :)