World's Smallest Saroop Of Sri Guru Granth Sahib

Akaali

I think I read somewhere that when Sikh soldiers were off fighting in the World War they used to carry around very mini versions of the Guru Granth Sahib....

135024[/snapback]

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa. Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh.

im just wondering....is it wrong to have a sarrop of Sri Guru Granth Sahib ji in that size?

i mean...like...ya know..when one isnt really in a war, but still reading the Gurbaani from Guru ji?

peace...

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa. Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh.

Yea I don't see a purpose of having a saroop that small, saroop is a saroop though. But I don't know how they can do proper satkaar of such a small saroop.

But Gurbani is meant for Sikhs to indulge on and educate themselves with, not to be revered to as an idol or artifact.

Khalsa Girl brought up a good point, I never thought of it that way.

There is no mini-saroop by Guru Gobind Singh jee or from Guru jee's time.

Some veers were mistaken by the fact that at Bhai Dalla's house in Damadama Sahib, there is a very small saroop kept with all the other shaster/bastar of Guru Sahib. But the family themselves admit that this saroop is not by Guru Sahib or from that time. It is from the same set of saroops that was printed for the soldiers.