Tomb/idol Worship

britiah sikh lad

while visting panjab last year, i noticed that some sikhs are very much in to tomb worship.

Little so called plaese of worship - which have been made to some sort of histroical myth.

One i came across was - baba deep singh's spirit had gone to some man from a village so they made place or 'jagar'. This all agianst sikhi so why do people do it.

WAKE UP - YOUR HEAD SHOUD NOT GO BEFORE ANYONE BUT SRI GURU GRANTH SAHIAB

Very true, well what do u expect living with a billion Hindus lol (no offense to Hindus)

Dhan Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji d_oh.gif

135136[/snapback]

To easy to blame them, its lack of education within our own people.

The same with superstition, thats what tomb worship is to a certain extent, what our peopel dont realise is that there is a philosophyin their own religion which can over come this practice and idol worship, and fears of superstition.

waheguru ji ka khalsa waheguru ji ki fateh

well in india , my mama ji died and im memory of him my family made liek a "jagga" for him ... and ppl actually like go do matah teak huna... and i didnt know wen i was yunger.. so i did ( hope vaheguru ji can 4give me) ... but then i found out that guru granth sahib ji was not there !! and i was so annoyed and hurt that my fmaily in india do this.. so in confronted them about it .. got told off propa etc .. and they forced me to go .. i did but didnt matah teak and then went to gurdwara sahib where maharaj was and it was so much better

But liek .. things liek that are stupid!! and guru ji tells us not to do it ... but hey ppl who r supersticious do which is pathetic considerin we shud even be supersticuous!!

and also ... i had so much peer pressure to go and do matha teak .. and i wasn't even educated about it .. but with maharajs kirpa i now know

so yes lack of education huna.. if ppl understand what is is etc then hopefulli ppl wont do it

DHAN DHAN SRI GURU GRANTH SAHIB JI MAHARAJ!!!!

waheguru ji ka khalsa waheguru ji ki fateh

This is all the lack of education and support. This mostly happens in vllages etc... otherwise normal sikh doesnt bow in front of anything else rather than Guru GRanth Sahib Ji

135149[/snapback]

Well from what i could see a large number of the sikhs live in villages. These tombs some which are are called sheed ar'n de jagar are everywhere even in cities. Why dont leaders or Gurdwara speak about it, about how its wrong. instead they just let it happen. In fact nor do Sants. Is this to keep people in a 'vami' state of mind so they can exploit it ??