A Singh Is Hostage In Iraq!

japmans

what business does a sikh have in iraq?

he obviously was aware of the risks, wasn't he?

136808[/snapback]

A Sikh does not look at the risks to himself. A Sikh goes to protect those that can not protect themselves. Yea there are a lot of things happening and a lot of risks involved, but there are many people, humans living in Iraq that need help right now. We cant just say leave them be I'm not going to risk it. I think this is one things Sikh's are known for, that they will sacrafice themselves, put themselves in harms way in order to help another human being.

sorry if I said something wrong....

what business does a sikh have in iraq?

he obviously was aware of the risks, wasn't he?

Gustaphi Maaf, but that is one of the pathetic points ever raised on ss

but i suppose i said more patheticer things on here, as the veterans of ss can remember.

thats like saying "Guru Ji had no right to go to Delhi...he knew what was going to happen to him... what buisness was it of his?

sure let the hindus be wiped out, we can concentrate on our simran and get more anand.

what buisness was it of guru ji?"

remember, he wanted to show that although they may have been against the way religion did things, they still believed in the right to belive what you want.

go into iraq now and theres a huge war between sunni and shiite muslims as they plan to kill each other.

besides, at least this person is actually brave enough to go out there and help people.

how many people would go into a danger zone like iraq to help others?

Gustaphi maaf

my mistake 8-) 8-)

i suppose i shoudla done a background check on the status of his hair and turban and amrit before posting this topic.

i hjumped the gun when i saw "Harmeet Singh Sooden" and made the grave grave error of wanting to get the news out that somebody with an obviously Punjabi Name, using Singh as a middle name, had been captured by Iraqi forces... oh the stupidity of me

I will be sure, in the future, to do google images searches of all names if iam ever to mention a name again so that i do not make this dire dire mistake of bringing out the news that someone had been captured by iraqi forces simply because he was doing volunteer work.

PLEASE FORGIVE ME

yes, i'm being sarcastic

"A Sikh does not look at the risks to himself. A Sikh goes to protect those that can not protect themselves. Yea there are a lot of things happening and a lot of risks involved, but there are many people, humans living in Iraq that need help right now. We cant just say leave them be I'm not going to risk it. I think this is one things Sikh's are known for, that they will sacrafice themselves, put themselves in harms way in order to help another human being."

Well I see where your coming from...but lets look at it from a practical side

Obviously the person that does such a thing must take into consideration that something can go awfully wrong.....must be prepared to die for the cause.

Now what the abductees did is wrong....but so is what the aid workers doings.

WHY IRAQ LOOK AT OUR OWN COUNTRY! MILLIONS OF PEOPLE STARVING TO DEATH CANT THEY HELP THEIR? IF YOU WANT TO HELP YOU CAN GO ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD (THOUSANDS OF PLACES IN AFRICA)...ALL IM SAYING IS THAT THIS ENTIRE SITUATION COULD HAVE BEEN AVOIDED.

this is the US governments mess, let them clean it up!

Charities should be banned from operating in Iraq (especially until they have improved security), the only reason the US government is pushing for charitable work in Iraq is because their national treasury is bankrupt!

Theres hundreds of places where aid is needed more desparately than Iraq... look no further (pakistan .... earthquake, India, almost all of afirca, sri lanka....remember the sunami victims or has that become old news?, the list goes on)

A country as energy rich as Iraq does not need our help! I would never go there....and I can say with great honesty I would not donate to a charity that situates itself in Iraq (especially when the charitable organization jeopardizes innocent lives)!

Theirs actually a study done that PROVES: RELEIF EFFORTS IN WAR AREAS ACTUALLY PROLONGS THE CONFLICT AS MORE RESOURCES ARE AVAILABLE TO THE REGION! MORE PEOPLE END UP DYING! THROWING AID AT THE IRAQIS IS A TEMPORARY, SHORT SITED AND VAIN ATTEMPT AT SOLVING A MOJOR PROBLEM!

I still show no sympathy for these people---> If you want to do charity work in iraq....grab a rifle in one hand and the newly drafted iraqi constitutional laws in the other....only then will you be doing a service to the Iraqi people!\

THERES NOTHING BRAVE ABOUT GETTING YOURSELF KILLED FOR ALL THE WRONG REASONS...ESPECIALLY WHEN THINGS CAN BE AVOIDED.

YOU KNOW WHAT LOST SOUL, IM AMAZED AT THE PEOPLE ON THIS SITE TO.....SO VERY VERY FAR FROM REALITY!

Well its a matter of worry that people has been taken hostage. But these terrorists who are doing hostage jst do this to show their presence. If somebody remembers during iraq war what happend... they took hostage three indians working there and demanded that if india didnt stopped helping coalition and take thier forces away they will kill those three hostages. Now somebody go and tell those terrorists that dear india is not at all involved in fight and nor do he had forces there with coalition to fight against it. the result was obvious the three opeople got released but then since they made them hiostage and some demand has to be made otherwise they would have lost creditibility then finally they say no indian should work for companies in iraq...sounds funny

so this will also get solved since neither canada has his forces in iraq with coalition nor did canada supported war as he was against the war in UNO meetings and everywhere...

fateh