Sikh jewllery, should wear it?

Mkhalsa

Do you think sikhs should be able to wear jewellery like khaanda necklaces, stuff on dastars like maala or khandas, anything like that?  

27 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think sikhs should be able to wear jewellery like khaanda necklaces, stuff on dastars like maala or khandas, anything like that?

• Yes
    • No

"Pritham bhagauti simar kay" meaning remembering your shaster, keep in mind the word of the 10 gurus.

Many can argue, due to the unversality of Sikhi, that shasters don't deserve the same respect as Gurbani. But Guru sahib already made it clear, that's why we have Guru Granth Sahib ji maharaj, decorated with various types of shasters all around...

My two cents

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!

^_^^_^ well said khalsa jee ^_^^_^

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

waheguru ji kakhalsa waheguru jiki fateh

i have seeen singhs singhness wearing all kind of jewllery eventhough they amritdhari..

i can never understadn it

i asked someone i knew..hana

and they gave me some reasonz whic confused me and i was like :):(

i mean i have heard women say "we princesses, how can we not be alowed to wear any jewllery."

and some said " u think our guru shaib jis wives never wore jewllery?? are we fakirs?"

etc etc

i didnt knwo what to say cuz at that time i wasn't amritshak, and yea i did wear earings and some stonez/bead necklaces(the only things i used to like)..lol

i stll dont knwo what kind of answer should be given ..

jus asnwer this

why is wearing jewllery wrong in sikhi? cuz they ask me and i can never asnwer it clearly(im not good at explaing things...)

someone help me :St:

Sri Asa Di // tells us:

kUVu suienw kUVu rupw kUVu pYn@xhwru ]

Koor Suniea Koor Rupa Koor Painanhar

Silver is false, Gold is false, and those who wear them are also false.

Guru Sahib doesnt make up rules and call people fake for nothing. Guru sahib has a reason. Wearing jewelry makes our minds vain. In this vanity we become full of ego, lust and greed. You can associate these vikaars with jewelry very very easily.. ie "Look how big my diamond is!!" or "I wish my diamond was that big!" or.. "wow look at the jewlery shes wearing, i want her" etc

Jewelry has its inherent evils in our society, thus guru sahib said we are not to wear it.

surmwidk iSMgwr nihN nihN pr qrunI sMig

suramaadhik shi(n)gaar nehi(n) nehi(n) par tharunee sa(n)gi

Do not wear make-up or jewellery. Do not commit adultery.

Rehatnama Bhai Daya Singh Jee (original panj pyare)

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

I keep a mala to, for naam simran. But A khanda really isnt a shastar, not the little ones we wear on our dastars. There little minutare stulpture things molded together. So it really isnt in the weapons category. So what everyone is saying here is me being an amrithari singh, I can wear khandas on my dastar, khanda necklaces, khanda rings, and other stuff like that. I also understand the huge nihang khandas that nihangs wear because those are really shastars. I also understand chaakars because they are shastars, or astars. But the minutare khandas on dastars and necklaces, etc. are not weapons, you can barely hurt a person with that. Thats more for show. And I asked some damdami taksal singhs, and they also said you shouldnt wear stuff like khandas on dastar and stuff. Some taksalis wear them, but those taksalis said those taksalis shouldnt wear them. And I have never seen sant jarnail singh je wear them? Please explain tot his maha moorakh. Im still not getting it.

BHULL CHUKK MAFF

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

p.s. How do you put a signature, like the one with the babar khalsa picture and the one with the jang jaakara.

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

GO to "MY CONTROLS" link (under the main logo) and then choose EDIT SIGNATURE and then u can put whatever u want too :)

you dont get it singho.. this is something everyone else can see!!

necklaces and rings are naturally jewelry everyone knows that.. and gorae and whoever else wear them as jewelry.. putting a khanda on there is beadbi of that symbol.

wearing khanda on dastar is not wrong, it comes from the tradition of wearing a chandtor, its just that we dont go out every day to kill some mughals lol.. so most people here will just wear khanda, but they would wear chandtor in other circumstances. Its just a replacement or "Softy" version of it. Also, chand came from the fact that it was made by blacksmiths and not jewelers so it looked like a chand instead of two kirpans, now we can make it look like two kirpans, why not wear it. It is guru sahibs gift of a symbol whether it is a shastar or not. And trust me u cant hurt anyone with a chand, no matter how big.

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

How do you know what is natural jewleery and what is sikhi jewllery? How would you know how to figure out the two if I went to a shop. And Mkhalsa je, youre right. I dont get it. I am a mahamorakh. I have no gian whatsoever. Thats why im askin gian wale people like you. I am the lowest of all.

BHULL CHUK MAFF

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!