Nanakshahi Calendar

Guest Guru Ka Sevak

whatz the Bikarmi calandar?

Urm...Help please !

141238[/snapback]

indian calendar based on the moon. Nanakshahi calendar is based on the sun. The system of days and months is just a way for us to measure our existence and organize our daily lives. Only Akaal is timeless and eternal and we mortals are here temporarily.

In sikhi, there is no special holy day or month. Sri Guru Gobind singh ji gave the khalsa panth title of guru panth and if the panth wants a system of days and months called nanakshai calendar then nothing wrong with it. The gurus lived in a period when the bikrami calendar was used. Now if some gursikhs think that a bikrami calendar gets them closer to God then oh well, good luck.

BTW most sikhs know the christian calendar months but i doubt many people kniw the months in the bikrami calendar. How many of you know all the bikrami calendar months?

IT IS JUST A CALENDAR, it's not like someone is altering gurbaani. peopel who are so concerned about celebrating the gurus' birthdays on the proper day shoudl worry more about remembering God with every breath rather than hey which is the real day of Guru sahib's birthday. You really want to celebrate a guru's birthday, remember Waaheguru, that is the best celebration of our guru sahibs.

You know the problem is not with the calendar it is with our quam. Nothing gets done because a sikh can't stand another sikh accomplishing something. Thsi is true in india, america, england, wherever. Sikhs are the most jealous people on earth sometimes. Honestly i don't care what calendar is being used because i'm most likely going to use the christian calnedar from january to december like most sikhs do now anyways. Even when you talk to babas they say hanji january wich ayioh or february wich wiaah ah...so whatever, i mean he if sikhs stop arguing about dumb things this quam might accomplish something, oh wait god forbid we accomplish something....

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

also yes the bikrami months come in gurbaani but so do a lot of other terms which we do not comprehend because they are no longer part of popular punjabi. Gurbaani is gurbaani and cannot be changed because it is the word of Akaal purakh or God. But a calendar is a scientif way to organize days and months based on the sun in the case of the nanakshahi calendar. Now for the people who say well the gurus used it, well like khalsa fauj said, guru sahibs also rode horses, why you drive a car? Sikhi is not against scientific advancements.

our quam needs to let go of it's ego issues. just because not every baba, sant, and giani was involved in the making of the calendar doesn't mean it is wrong. Our panthic leaders and mahaan gianis have no problems obeying anti-sikh laws in india but if a calendar named after guru nanak dev ji created by sikhs is used then we have mahaan yudh morchas springing up and sikh scholars emerge from every corner of the world then, spontaneously.

I'm sure if this calendar was created by the shiv sena or RSS we would have been using it a long time ago.

this nanakshai calender is so wierd as it states that vaisakhi should be celebrated on the 14 and not the 13 over 300 years later...

i only believe in the junthri

141402[/snapback]

hehheheh... :@ !

Umm.. Nooo One asked what you believe!

:@

WAHEGURU JI KA KHALSA WAHEGURU JI KI FATEH

Because some so called, 'Sikhs' thought they were better than Dhan Dhan Satguru Sri Guru Nanak Dev Ji Maharaj who used the Bikrami Calendar.¦nbsp; If it was good enough, for the king of kings and the saint of saints, why is it not good enough for that Guru Sahib's Sikhs today?

139964[/snapback]

Horse was also good enough for Guru Ji. Living without computers and tv was also good enough for Guru Ji. Living without electricity was also good enough for Guru Ji. Why is that not good enough for you these days? Come on! How far you going to go to use baseless and useless excuses to defend flawed bikarmi calendar??????

If you stick with bikarmani calendar. Barah Maha is going to become flawed. E.g. the season of haarh will be in winter and it being hot, will mean wrong. What do you and saadh babas want? Prove bani wrong? Who are the real naastiks who want to prove and keep proving bani to be true forever or ones who think about their ego and only care about themselves? Maybe you didn't know but bikarmi calendar is flawed big time. They insert a fake month every some years to make to keep up to the so-called Christian calendar when it has nothing to do with Christianty. What do you want to follow, some calendar with flawss or a calendar which accurate to the movements of the sun. Seasons change according to the sun and not according to the moon. Know this inside out. So I urge our youth to start learning the facts and stop relying on some sant baba or dera. Sant babas didn't get us anwhere and never will get us anywhere. Their sole purpose is to create division in the Panth on the orders of their Delhi gods and RSS Gurus.

139989[/snapback]

I could not care less about what sadhs etc want.

You are the one using flawed excuses. There was no Canderel during the time of Guru Ji so should we start using it in Degh ? There were no mp3 players so I guess we can stop reading Gurbani, get up a bit later and just listen to Gurbani on a MP3 player. Lets start using Neoprene for kachere and start drinking that beer where the alcohol is removed. Lets move with the times for the sake of it. In 10 years time when people get fed up with the Nanakshahi calendar lets get some person from Tongo or Western Samoa to make us another super duper calander.

Do you think that Dhan Dhan Guru Gobind Singh Ji was incapable of designing a calendar ? If Guru Ji thought there were flaws he himself would not have used it.

What would you rather use :

Something used by our Guru Ji

or

Something made up by some Canadian.

I urge you youth to follow what our Guru Ji did. Avoid following these modernists who are intent on disrupting the traditions of the Khalsa Panth for their own hidden agenda.

Thats right...... And I am surprised the way people start making commenta about derawaad, taksalis, babas and stuff.... for them Panth means SGPC. I agree that Akal Thakht sahib is supreme for sikhs, but who controls it... not the sangat or panth, but badal and his cronies.... calling them panthic would be a shame...... Taksal was initiated by guruji themselves much like akal thakt..... Then why no one from taksal consulted to make new calender.....

Again if guruji knew that bikrami calender was not worth it, HE would have given sikhs a new calender, much like HE gave us distinct id by creating khalsa. It us upto each individual to follow what he/she desires..... Following a calender is trivial matter..... Stress should be on getting one with Akal, no matter what day of year it is.

Bhul Chuk maaf

Because some so called, 'Sikhs' thought they were better than Dhan Dhan Satguru Sri Guru Nanak Dev Ji Maharaj who used the Bikrami Calendar.¦nbsp; If it was good enough, for the king of kings and the saint of saints, why is it not good enough for that Guru Sahib's Sikhs today?

139964[/snapback]

Horse was also good enough for Guru Ji. Living without computers and tv was also good enough for Guru Ji. Living without electricity was also good enough for Guru Ji. Why is that not good enough for you these days? Come on! How far you going to go to use baseless and useless excuses to defend flawed bikarmi calendar??????

If you stick with bikarmani calendar. Barah Maha is going to become flawed. E.g. the season of haarh will be in winter and it being hot, will mean wrong. What do you and saadh babas want? Prove bani wrong? Who are the real naastiks who want to prove and keep proving bani to be true forever or ones who think about their ego and only care about themselves? Maybe you didn't know but bikarmi calendar is flawed big time. They insert a fake month every some years to make to keep up to the so-called Christian calendar when it has nothing to do with Christianty. What do you want to follow, some calendar with flawss or a calendar which accurate to the movements of the sun. Seasons change according to the sun and not according to the moon. Know this inside out. So I urge our youth to start learning the facts and stop relying on some sant baba or dera. Sant babas didn't get us anwhere and never will get us anywhere. Their sole purpose is to create division in the Panth on the orders of their Delhi gods and RSS Gurus.

139989[/snapback]

I could not care less about what sadhs etc want.

You are the one using flawed excuses. There was no Canderel during the time of Guru Ji so should we start using it in Degh ? There were no mp3 players so I guess we can stop reading Gurbani, get up a bit later and just listen to Gurbani on a MP3 player. Lets start using Neoprene for kachere and start drinking that beer where the alcohol is removed. Lets move with the times for the sake of it. In 10 years time when people get fed up with the Nanakshahi calendar lets get some person from Tongo or Western Samoa to make us another super duper calander.

Do you think that Dhan Dhan Guru Gobind Singh Ji was incapable of designing a calendar ? If Guru Ji thought there were flaws he himself would not have used it.

What would you rather use :

Something used by our Guru Ji

or

Something made up by some Canadian.

I urge you youth to follow what our Guru Ji did. Avoid following these modernists who are intent on disrupting the traditions of the Khalsa Panth for their own hidden agenda.

141406[/snapback]