How To Control Yawning

curious_man

no.gif i have a very irritating prblm

whenever i do paath or sit in gurdwara listening kirtan... its lie after 15 or 20 mins i start yawning...thus my whole concentration(whtsoevr :lol: ) gets fumbled up!!

and its not that i feel sleepy or something.... i dunno y i start yawning..i dont want to!!

like when i do morning nitnem..i start yawning even in middle of japji sahib...aargh

anyways how to control this???

anyone felt the same too? :)

hanje paji happens to me sometimes too.

Just lack of not gettin enuf sleep maybe or not doing neuf physical activity.

I suppose if life is kept in balance then yawning, tiredness etc can lessen.

Just a thought....if me made sense :lol: @ heheeehe

I don't think it has to do with lack of sleep, unless you don't get your regular sleep and you are sleepy before you start doing padth. Its more mental than anything, because if it was sleep then why doesn't it happen when we are talking with someoen or watching t.v. It is just another trap set by our mind.

Next time you begin to yawn, become totally aware of your yawning, and seperate yourself from the yawning. It might sound wierd, but trust me it work. The moment your mouth begins to open, become aware that you are yawning and take a step back, don't force yourself not to yawn, but just observe your yawning. You will know you are observing correctly when the need to yawn dissappears but your mouth will remain open as if nothing was happening.

But let us not confuse the need to yawn as a function of the body with the Laziness/Yawning that we feel during Simran/Jap etc. If you are tired, then you should be tired before your Jap as well, not just begin to feel tired as you start. The mind is cunning.

WAHEGURU JI KA KHALSA WAHEGURU JI KI FATEH

I think it might be because u lot mite be quite active ppl, and u cant really sit down for long periods so u's should start to get more physical activities done during the day.

Yeah i agree penji the balance in life could lesson the yawning.

One suggestion could be try thinking to close your mouth and close ir (i dunno how that works but it could work)

Or try stop thinking of yawning!

Or trying going out to get more oxygen as one theory says that it mite bcoz of the lack of Oxygen- however i think its been disproven (sed on anova site) but you never know it mite work.

http://vava.essortment.com/hiccupyawncaus_rqxr.htm

By the way if the yawning is very bad click on this site:

- then if its very bad then u shud go to doctors

http://preventdisease.com/news/articles/ya...eep_apnea.shtml

By the way i thought i mite tell u lot animals yawn too!

Hope this helped.

WAHEGURU JI KA KHALSA WAHEGURU JI KI FATEH

WJKK, WJKF,

Waheguru...

I had the same problem as well, I would yawn during Nitnem, I would be sooo upset because I didn't want to yawn throughout communicating with Waheguru Ji, so I decided to start Naam Simran before Nitnem for about 15 minutes, my yawning had stopped. pray.gif Waheguru

But yeh deep breath can be a possibility...

Bhullan Chukan Dhi Maafee Jio

WJKK, WJKF,