Confused

VJKK VJKF
waheguru ji kekhalsa, waheguru ji ke fateh

Pyare jio, please do not just assume Mohammed was a great person. I did, before I read about his life. I now think he is a highly questionable individual. I would not regard him as a great man, not even comparable with any Sikh. Any person who just keeps basic rehit is a better human being than him.

Read about his life, and how he actually lived. You will be very surprised.

waheguru ji kekhalsa, waheguru ji ke fateh

143617[/snapback]

I also thought the same until I read about his life written by Muslims themselves. If you pick up a book on Mohammed written by a non-Muslim you will be surprised at how the author will gloss over some of the questionable things that Mohammed did and try and present him as some sort of saint but the reality is otherwise. The amusing thing is that some Muslims try and justify and explain away these things saying that it was due to the times he lived in and then they contradict this by saying that he was a perfect example for every Muslim to follow!

Some of the questionable things he did are-;

1. Marry a 6 year old girl when he was in his fifties and consummate the marriage when she was 9

2. Break his promises to his wives, especially when he had so many and each had a night that was allocated to her and he was found in one wife's bed by the wife whose night it was! He then had a 'revelation' from Allah telling him it's ok for him to break his promises to is wives!

3. Allow his followers to rape women captured in war.

4. Had 800 Jewish men beheaded and sold their wives and children into slavery. He took one of the Jewish men's wife as his concubine

5. Brought and sold slaves. Sometimes slaves were brought and sold in the mosques

6. Took part in raids on caravans effecting the economy of Mecca and forcing the Meccans to attack him

7. Banned Christian and Jews or any non-Muslims from being able to follow their own religion in Arabia

These are just a few of the questionable things he did. Along with the above Muslims believe that Mohammed was also bewitched by black magic.

Comparing Mohammed's life with any Gursikh's life let alone the Gurus shows how badly affected by ego Mohammed was. This is why in Bachittar Natak Mohammed is described as setting up his own sect and getting his followers to repeat his name and not do Nam Jap.

143683[/snapback]

LOL, wasn't this topic about discussing whether Mohammed was God's friend? I'd suggest you post that on a Muslim forum and let them debate each statement.

We are not individuals to diss other religion’s beliefs and their prophets. It will always backfire on that rude individual, and make them look bad. What goes around comes around. I’m sure in reaction to this, they will be more than happy to start topics on their own forums and come out with “Guru Nanak was this, and Guru Nanak did that”. Don't make us look bad or rude, because we are not.

We have all been brought up to be respectful, compassionate and forgiving human beings – let alone our Sikhi. Whether we’re Sikh, Muslim, Hindu, Christian, Buddhist, etc, we all should value one another. Each Sikh represents his or hers entire community, people will begin to stereotype us if one Sikh diss’ other faiths - people will think we all do it.

Stick to the topic, just as in the Sikhsangat Rules; “Discuss the message, not the messenger”. Do not discuss Mohammed’s life stories, Discuss whether he was God’s friend or not.

Peace

145054[/snapback]

reading this topic, i think...kyio Muslman apni sirf musha hi katvaunde ne or dari and kesa nahi kataunde?? grin.gif

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If Musalman say Mohammed was a great person...then why they say Guru Nanak Dev ji our Peer??

In hindu religion all Bhagvan had combat for WOMAN...for es. Bhagvan Krishan for Rada, Bhagvan Ram for Sita...Mohammed ne vi 2 vivah karaye si but i'dont remember his wifes...

Only our Sikh religion hai jis ne sirf man or tan de garib lai lareya hain

Guru Nanak dev ji...AP NARAYEN KLADHAR JAG ME PARVAREYO....

...DUR KI BANI AII, TIN SAGLI CHINT MITAI...eh bani duro ai hai!!!

Bhul Chuk Maaf...

Fathe! d_oh.gif

waheguru ji ka khalsa, waheguru ji ke fateh

Pyare jio, just for one moment forget he was Mohammed and forget he is linked to Islam.

Then consider Sahib Siri Guru Nanak dev Jis teachings of "Truth is high, but higher is truthful living". Hence Guru jis puts our actions as accountable and that we are fundamentally judged for them.

So without predjudice of who Mohammed is, just consider his actions and lifestyle.

Can a person who marries a 6 year old, be a friend of God?

Can a person who sells slaves accept humanity as one, and be a friend of God?

Can a person who kills many soldiers, and then commits hell on their wives and children be a man of compassion and a friend of God?

However if that man repents this, and ask for forgiveness from God, then he is a friend of God.

I have no agenda against Mohammed, but I am, as every human is, bound by the rules of God, which are love, decency, compassion and humanity. That is what My Guru teaches me. No person no matter how great is beyond compassion, humanity, love.

Veer ji, if I have broken any sikhsangat rules, I am sure the mods will reprimand me. I am not beyond any reprimanding by any Gursikh. But in the same I believe no human, even mohammed who is procalimed as a prophet is beyond reprimanding by the rules of humanity and compassion.

Tell me where in bani, my Guru tells me to be blind, and ignore wrong deeds?

tell me if sahib siri Guru Nanak dev ji did any of the above. Would you follow him?

waheguru ji ka khalsa, wahegurujikefateh

wow most of my mates r muslim.. actually to think of it, I hang around admist those muslim freinds! :@ i seem to be the agony chacha for their lives.. so basically I know every of their problems, family, relationships etc..

..should i worry?? I dunno.. Most of them r moderate if not practially non-practicing muslims.

1 muslim in collij approached me whiloe i was on computer and showed me "interesting sites" about islam. He showed the magic of numbers in Koran and the advanced science of islam.. i was silent.. dint know what 2 do.. show him my kirpan and say "this is wat we killed ur ancestors with :@ " or should i counteract his arguments or wat. He came FASTT liek soo fast you have no time 2 think to yuorself. (bet u they r trained to do that!!)

BUT.. I had no argument that i could put across in the 1st place! So afta this experience, i began looking and found sites like faithfreedom and whyichosesikhism etc.. was a shame that i dint find these sites b4..

o well

hmmm grin.gif

143802[/snapback]

paji I had the same experience I had a pakistani m8, he was with me in secondary and showed how amazing islam is and miracles like a women cutting an aubergine uop & it said Allah in it. N how a child was born with Allah imprinted on his hand n ear . . . etc .. . etc... @ the time I didn;t kno wat 2 say eitha I mean what cud hav i sed. I was jus lyk "oh" ! Amazing how they all r experts @ it ! ! ! hmmm grin.gif

hi all,

okay my so called muslim friend stated that guru nanak was a muslim, he said it as a matter of fact..

i replyed if he was. does that mean that being a muslim was lacking in some way and that god said to start a new faith ?..

he has not spoke to me since...

LOL.gif

jagjit bhaji i would appreciate that when you find your articles that you post them up on here, i would like to read them.

I have knowledge on sikhi....but i just have to brush up on it more...and learn more (we can all learn more) and re-read books i use to read..

Also we can say that our guru granth sahib was written by the prophets themselves, but they would argue even though this was, their quran was actually written by god himself..yes it was some time after Mohammed, but nethertheless, whoever did write it, was writing through god... wacko.gif

Anyway i do not think my friend who has converted to islam is talking to me now...we had a huge debate on this..well mainly why i could not tell her straight who wrote the Guru granth sahib..because i kept telling her to do her own research and get back to me on what she found..she wanted me to tell her...but i knew why..she would of questioned it..she told me she was just interested because she wanted to know more.....so i said the best way to learn is to research and anything she was confused on to get back to me.....also call me paraniod but i could actually hear someone in the background saying things to her to say.....you know what people..evil as this may sound but i don't mind that she is not talking to me..i know..im mean wacko.gif

so why so many religions if only one is the right way?

do we believe that sikhi is the only way to get to god?

jagjit bhaji i would appreciate that when you find your articles that you post them up on here, i would like to read them.

I have knowledge on sikhi....but i just have to brush up on it more...and learn more (we can all learn more) and re-read books i use to read..

Also we can say that our guru granth sahib was written by the prophets themselves, but they would argue even though this was, their quran was actually written by god himself..yes it was some time after Mohammed, but nethertheless, whoever did write it, was writing through god...  wacko.gif

Anyway i do not think my friend who has converted to islam is talking to me now...we had a huge debate on this..well mainly why i could not tell her straight who wrote the Guru granth sahib..because i kept telling her to do her own research and get back to me on what she found..she wanted me to tell her...but i knew why..she would of questioned it..she told me she was just interested because she wanted to know more.....so i said the best way to learn is to research and anything she was confused on to get back to me.....also call me paraniod but i could actually hear someone in the background saying things to her to say.....you know what people..evil as this may sound but i don't mind that she is not talking to me..i know..im mean  wacko.gif

so why so many religions if only one is the right way?

do we believe that sikhi is the only way to get to god?

145458[/snapback]

Guru Raam Das Ji Raag Ghauree 308

siqgur kI bwxI siq siq kir jwxhu gurisKhu hir krqw Awip muhhu kFwey ]

sathigur kee baanee sath sath kar jaanahu gurasikhahu har karathaa aap muhahu kadtaaeae ||

O GurSikhs, know that the Bani, the Word of the True Guru, is true, absolutely true. The Creator Lord Himself causes the Guru to chant it.

Guru Nanak Dev Ji Raag Vadhans 566

qw mY kihAw khxu jw quJY khwieAw ]

thaa mai kehiaa kehan jaa thujhai kehaaeiaa ||

When I have spoken, I spoke as You made me speak.

Gurbani is straight from Akal Purakh

pV@IAY nwmu swlwh hoir buDNØI imiQAw ]

parrheeai naam saalaah hor budhha(n)aee mithhiaa ||

Read the Praise of the Lord's Name; other intellectual pursuits are false.

Guru Nanak Dev Ji

Raag Malaar

don't bother arguing with her or lower yourself down to her level