Confused

SevaSimranSacrifice

I don't know what the intention of your convert friend is but if she is a devout follower of Islam then she would know that a Muslim should only be friends with non-Muslims if the intention is to create doubts in that person about their religion and talk up Islam. Here is a answer given by a well known Islamic site about friendships between Muslims and non-Muslims

----------------------------------

Question --I had some non-muslim friends with me. I chatted with them regularly but a Muslim friend of mine told me it is not permitted in Islam so I stopped chatting with them but i m still confused. So tell me whether its a sin to have a chat with non-muslims or it is permissible in Islam.

Answer -- One is allowed to mix with non-muslims and chat with them on permissible topics, however they should not be made close friends. This of course is for those of your on gender. Chatting with the opposite gender is prohibited.

Your intention when dealing and chatting with them, should be to invite them towards Islam.

and Allah Ta'ala Knows Best

Ml. Husain Kadodia

STUDENT: Darul Ifta

CHECKED & APPROVED: Mufti Ebrahim Desai

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wow most of my mates r muslim.. actually to think of it, I hang around admist those muslim freinds! :@ i seem to be the agony chacha for their lives.. so basically I know every of their problems, family, relationships etc..

..should i worry?? I dunno.. Most of them r moderate if not practially non-practicing muslims.

1 muslim in collij approached me whiloe i was on computer and showed me "interesting sites" about islam. He showed the magic of numbers in Koran and the advanced science of islam.. i was silent.. dint know what 2 do.. show him my kirpan and say "this is wat we killed ur ancestors with :@ " or should i counteract his arguments or wat. He came FASTT liek soo fast you have no time 2 think to yuorself. (bet u they r trained to do that!!)

BUT.. I had no argument that i could put across in the 1st place! So afta this experience, i began looking and found sites like faithfreedom and whyichosesikhism etc.. was a shame that i dint find these sites b4..

o well

hmmm grin.gif

thats so true (in my experience), with the q that Muslim put up...

it's like my Muslim saying to me that i should try fasting cus its really good...errrr yeh ok :@

and i've found it hard to have a conversation with some Muslims on religious themes because there are so many diiferences between Sikhi and Islam. they have always said that Mohammed was the last prophet and try to look for flaws and loopholes in Sikh so they can criticise for the betterment portrayal of their own faith...it just comes back down to the age old argument of my faiths better than yours..

Why dont we let a educated muslim on the site to defend his faith. Why do nindya?

Bikramjit Get some sleep, your babbling while you yawn :@

143715[/snapback]

LostSoul

I was yawning due to the boredom of having to read your pointless and ignorant contribution. From now on I will do what most of the posters say they do which is just ignore your posts. wacko.gif

Btw find out what nindya means before throwing that word around just to cover up your lack of knowledge on this subject.

143744[/snapback]

Thank you, why dont we do this Ill look up nindya, and you look up Ignorant:) My lack of knowledge? You truely are brilliant! Also my posts usually do get replied to, but Im really saddened to learn that from now on you will be skipping my posts, Also Im very happy to know that Im interesting enough to be discussed about off the board... I still love you :@ BTW brother take my suggestion and take your same post, post it in a muslim discussion room, and carry on your slandering there.

Jagit whaeguru veer ji, Im only upset since I dont like putting others faiths down. Also I have many many muslim friends who are very good people and would take offense to this. Bhagat Kabir Ji didnt attack Islam itself but people who hollowly practiced it.

jagjit waheguru bhaji, i really liked your post. Thank you!

Have to admit talking to my friend, i did realise i know so little about my own religion.. i'm ashamed to say . I tend to listen, soak in and reflect upon what's been said and do my own research...gian is powerful!! The muslims have shown us that....we should take that from them.......

jagjit waheguru bhaji, i really liked your post. Thank you!

Have to admit talking to my friend, i did realise i know so little about my own religion.. i'm ashamed to say . I tend to listen, soak in and reflect upon what's been said and do my own research...gian is powerful!! The muslims have shown us that....we should take that from them.......

144023[/snapback]

correct me if i'm wrong but isn't knowledge a tenet of Islam which all Muslims are encouraged to pursue, but that knowledge should consist on other aspects aswell other than Islam... grin.gif

mmmmm grin.gif

good point singh_comradz....

Another thing my friend said is that the quran was writte from allah, whereas the guru granth sahig ji was written by man ohmy.gif

Would you guys stay friends with your friend that converted to islam? wouldnt it be wrong to disown them when there family has?

Do you think it's right to convert to another religion or should you be in the religion you were born?

some more questions....sorry people.....but what do you all understand sikhi to say about religions...is our religion the only way to get to god, like muslims and christains believe?

waheguru ji ka khalsa, waheguru ji ke fateh

Pyare jio, actually the Sahib Siri Guru Granth sahib is the only religious composition written by its prophets, i.e. The Guru sahibaan themselves.

No other religion can claim this. The Koran was written not by allah, but 50 years after Mohammed passed away. Mohammed himslef was illiterate, so did not write anytthing. Even if he did via dictation, the religious zealouts have destroyed everything to do with him, because they say it will lead to idol worship. But the kabba and the Hajj is one big idol worship.

Even the Bible was written 50-100 years after Jesus. That is why they all have the chinese whisper factor about them.

I have written articles about my debates with muslims before. We are going back 6-7 years now. I will have to find them and bring them back up.

As far as upsetting people. I found often they did become upset, but on more occasions they became confused and often embarrassed.

They are trained in their workshops to approach kaffirs, i.e. sikhs. They are trained to ask specific questions and get specific answers back. They already have follow up questions ready. The gullable always fall for it. But when they come across someone like me who has some knowledge, they often find they have no clue what to do. So rather than being upset, they are often more embarassed.

waheguru ji ka khalsa, waheguru ji ke fateh

p.s. one thing I respect about muslims is that no matter what their personal practice is, they have a fundamental belief that their faith is unquestionable. If only sikhs were the same. Quite often they question it themselves. Be proud to be a Sikh, and make it a unquestionable faith.

WAHEGURU JI KA KHALSA WAHEGURU JI KI FATEH

If Guru Granth Sahib Ji was the word of man, why does it heal ppl?

Why do true believers feel anand?

Why is it scientifically correct?

Why does it make sense?

Why have miracles happened? (i.e. Hurricane Katrina etc)

Defnetly do stay friends with ur mate who became a muslim!

And i dont think thier parents should of disowned him/her!

Be there support, as Gurbani tells us dont judge anyone according to thier creed! This is what Sikhi is about- equility.

There still the same person.

Personally that person who has became a muslim i think have converted either coz theyve firstly been misguided about Sikhi- which is what i was like earlier didnt have enough knowlege about Sikhi n i thought the Guru's were Gods and Guru Nanak was a muslim etc. Then secondly i think he/she has been persuaded to became a muslim by his/her peers.

Ive been questioned 3 times to convert to Islam.

N thinking about it i nearly did (coz of my lack of knowledge of Sikhi n i probably knew more about Islam than i did about Sikhi so i nearly did)

And since i was hanging around wiv muslims, i felt comfortable around them coz i fitted in with them so i nearly did coz of my misunderstandings about Sikhi, until i had my personal experience and researched about Sikhi.

The first thing one of them said was the Quran is in the Kaaba, its never been touched!

LOL i thinnk one of them was on a mission to convert loads of ppl, n she talked about this white person wanting to be a muslim, the funny thing is that i dont think she knew anything about Sikhi, so how could she know that Islams the only truth?

What im saying is that person might be misguided about Sikhi (saying from my own experience)

WAHEGURU JI KA KHALSA WAHEGURU JI KI FATEH

VJKK VJKF

waheguru ji kekhalsa, waheguru ji ke fateh

Pyare jio, please do not just assume Mohammed was a great person. I did, before I read about his life. I now think he is a highly questionable individual. I would not regard him as a great man, not even comparable with any Sikh. Any person who just keeps basic rehit is a better human being than him.

Read about his life, and how he actually lived. You will be very surprised.

waheguru ji kekhalsa, waheguru ji ke fateh

143617[/snapback]

I also thought the same until I read about his life written by Muslims themselves. If you pick up a book on Mohammed written by a non-Muslim you will be surprised at how the author will gloss over some of the questionable things that Mohammed did and try and present him as some sort of saint but the reality is otherwise. The amusing thing is that some Muslims try and justify and explain away these things saying that it was due to the times he lived in and then they contradict this by saying that he was a perfect example for every Muslim to follow!

Some of the questionable things he did are-;

1. Marry a 6 year old girl when he was in his fifties and consummate the marriage when she was 9

2. Break his promises to his wives, especially when he had so many and each had a night that was allocated to her and he was found in one wife's bed by the wife whose night it was! He then had a 'revelation' from Allah telling him it's ok for him to break his promises to is wives!

3. Allow his followers to rape women captured in war.

4. Had 800 Jewish men beheaded and sold their wives and children into slavery. He took one of the Jewish men's wife as his concubine

5. Brought and sold slaves. Sometimes slaves were brought and sold in the mosques

6. Took part in raids on caravans effecting the economy of Mecca and forcing the Meccans to attack him

7. Banned Christian and Jews or any non-Muslims from being able to follow their own religion in Arabia

These are just a few of the questionable things he did. Along with the above Muslims believe that Mohammed was also bewitched by black magic.

Comparing Mohammed's life with any Gursikh's life let alone the Gurus shows how badly affected by ego Mohammed was. This is why in Bachittar Natak Mohammed is described as setting up his own sect and getting his followers to repeat his name and not do Nam Jap.

143683[/snapback]

LOL, wasn't this topic about discussing whether Mohammed was God's friend? I'd suggest you post that on a Muslim forum and let them debate each statement.

We are not individuals to diss other religion’s beliefs and their prophets. It will always backfire on that rude individual, and make them look bad. What goes around comes around. I’m sure in reaction to this, they will be more than happy to start topics on their own forums and come out with “Guru Nanak was this, and Guru Nanak did that”. Don't make us look bad or rude, because we are not.

We have all been brought up to be respectful, compassionate and forgiving human beings – let alone our Sikhi. Whether we’re Sikh, Muslim, Hindu, Christian, Buddhist, etc, we all should value one another. Each Sikh represents his or hers entire community, people will begin to stereotype us if one Sikh diss’ other faiths - people will think we all do it.

Stick to the topic, just as in the Sikhsangat Rules; “Discuss the message, not the messenger”. Do not discuss Mohammed’s life stories, Discuss whether he was God’s friend or not.

Peace