Re-taking Amrit

Golee Maro

if u took amrit from a jatha who were later proved to be "fake" GurSikhs, does this mean the amrit you recieved from them is kinda "void"...?

i feel like i am in this situation - the jatha i took amrit from have no cred left in Sikhee...

143754[/snapback]

Then are you sure you deserved to recieve the gift of Amrit in the first place?

I remember when appeared infront of Guru Gobind Singh. He said amrit is not a game, its not cheap, it comes at a high cost. Very Expensive.

If you think the amrit you received was fake, if you think it might be void because your jatha doesnt have "cred in Sikhi" then are you sure your following Sikhi?

Coz i swear, sikhi isnt a jatha. Its the Khalsa Panth. THe day many people realise that, i think we will actually achieve something.

As for your friend, if he re took to be part of the jatha for no other reason then just to be part or to receive naam dhrih without a valid reason for pesh then maharaj will can sort it. If its just for the sake of being with a large jatha then maharaj wont be pleased.

Think about it, whats amrit now? water thats sweet to drink? or the VALUABLE sacred drink that maharaj gave us to implant in our bodies, to grow through out veins that we get amrit raas and it flows out of dasam duar!

Recently there have been alot of people who have taken amrit which i thought was great, then recently, i realised that many of these people have no clue of what Sikhi really is, they dont know the history, they dont understand the bani. I my self do not have much knowledge of Bani but am attempting to learn, where as many people are taking this amrit, and thats it, they have clocked it. they forget they have to work for it.

In my opinion, u should never need to take amrit again unles seeking advice from the Panj Piyaaray and if they advise you to retake then you retake. Amrit is so expensive, when we truly understand and appreciate that when you take amrit, you have to give something, YOUR HEAD, EVERYTHING, YOU GIVE EVERYTHING UP AND DIE FOR GURU JI. How many of us can really say we would give everything up for him?

Believe, theres alot of us who say it, and there are very few who will. Im not talking about singhs and singhnis from back in the days, or even 21 yrs ago. im talkin in this day and age, in the uk, there is a Singh who truly has sacrificed everything, given everything for maharaj so beadbi is not done. If we need to see people like this, to understand the importance of Sikhi, maybe his story might allow us to wake up and realise Amrit and Sikhi are not just something we can take for granted.

If you think your rehit is false, follow the basics of it and keep further rehit on top. If you have piyaar for naam abiyaas, then doesnt mean you have to retake your amrit, it means you do abiyaas in sangat. If you would like to further it and be taught the method, then visit the panj singh and explain to them and follow what they instruct you, but dont just pesh for any reason. If you do, then you dont really care for sikhi or amrit.

If i have offended anyone, i will not apologise for it. I can ask for forgivness as im only stating truth, but i will not apologise as i feel that there are to many people who are not payin respect to the amrit they receive, they are merly taking this GIFT FROM GURU GOBIND SINGH as a cheap shot of some drink u can get from a supermarket or a bar. A top up every now and then. Then you wonder why sikhi is such a crap state...

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa

Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh.

You take Amrit for Guru-Roop Panj Piaare, NOT from individuals.

If you took Amrit from "Mr J Singh, Mr G Singh, this Baba jee, this Bhai Sahib jee etc" - this is not Amrit of Guru Gobind Singh jee. The Guru's Amrit is not from individuals. When a Singh is doing Amrit Sanchaar di sewa he becomes the roop (image) of Guru Gobind Singh jee...

Whether a Pyaara in his "personal life" is the ideal Gursikh or not -- end of day it should not bother you, end of day you have taken Amrit from Guru-Roop Panj Piaare, not from "Mr X, Y or Z Singh"

AMRIT is AMRIT. Bhai Sahib Bhai Rama Singh jee has written in his book that it is DOESNT MATTER where one takes Amrit from - Amrit is Amrit. YES, some Panj Piaare may not tell you how to do Naam Japna, so as Bhaji Amarjeet Singh jee has suggested, one can can go pesh (visit) the Panj Piaare who teach Naam Japnaa.

Bhai Sahib Bhai Randheer Singh jee has written in his Autobiography that is is due to our Karam or fortune whether we are blessed with taking Amrit from Chardikala Rehatvaan Naam Abhiyaasee Panj Piaare. Amrit is Amrit, but its a BONUS if Panj Piaare are chardikala, as it would have an effect on those taking Amrit.

BY CHANCE if those doing sewa of Amrit Sanchaar give Rehat contrary to the Guru Panth's Sikh Rehat Maryada (passed by Akal Takht Sahib) or give rehat contrary to the updesh of Sri Guru Granth Sahib jee or the utterances of the Guru Sahibaans... then the individual telling this to those wishing to take Amrit is the one responsible for given mis-information (which undoubtedly UNINTENTIONAL and INNOCENTLY said).

Just to end with, I AM NO EXPERT! - the information which I have just written is what I have been told by a number of Gursikhs whom I asked the same questions. We should all understand what Amrit is before taking Amrit - if we do this we get a different perspective. Taking Amrit is SUBMITTING and OFFERING your mind, body and wealth to Guru Sahib... taking Amrit is OWEING SOLE ALLEGIANCE to Guru Granth Sahib jee and Guru Khalsa Panth (Sri Akal Takht Sahib). It is a declaration of FAITH, LOVE and COMMITMENT :@

Bhul chuk maaf for anything wrong said by daas.

waheguru ji kekhalsa waheguru ji ke fateh

Pyare jio, "Nanak Amrit ek hai duja nahi koe".

Lets be clear there is only one Amrit. That is given by the panj pyares.

The concept of naam varies from different sikh circles. Some see naam as fundamental part of sikh based on attempting to jaap it 24/7. Others see naam as paath and reading gurbani. Others see naam as nature, some see it as seva.

I personally believe it to be the first thing. As something fundamental to sikhi, based on attempting to jaap it 24/7.

Some people have a stigma about going pesh. Some believe it as questioning your amrit. This is wrong. Any person should be able to go to the Panj pyares for anything at anytime. If you have a dispute, you can get the panj to resolve it. If you have done a kurehit, then you get pesh in front of the panj. If you have a child, then you get pesh to give the child choola. In the same way, if you feel lacking in naam, then you go to Panj who give you Naam. It is NOT taking Amrit again. It is just getting Naam from the Panj Pyares. Even those who have got Naam from the panj before, but their Amrit vela has collapsed and feel devoid of naam should get it again, and start to rebuild the spiritual life.

There is nothing wrong with getting pesh. But according to Gurbani, there is alot wrong with not getting up at amrit vela and being devoid of Naam.

The important thing is getting pesh is not the answer. If you get naam, and do not jaap it afterwards, then you will be back at square one. The important thing is to drench your life in naam. So do seva, simran, sangat, and lead your minds to a more spiritual avastha.

waheguru ji ka khalsa, waheguru ji ke fateh

Guest A Singh.

I think this is a very interesting topic.

Firstly many people have already pointed out, that you do not take Amrit from any Jathebandi. You take Amrit from the Khalsa Panth. It is irrelevant what Jatha affiliations the members of your Panj Pyare have - and to take Amrit solely to "belong" to a Jatha this is Manmat and is a huge Beadbi of Amrit.

On the other hand, it is true that many Manmat Amrit Sanchars are conducted. Often the Panj Pyare do not go through a strict selection process. I know that in general, Amrit Sanchars that have been organised by those affiliated to AKJ and Taksal tend to have strict and good selection procedures. But it is well known that sometimes other Amrit Sanchars with huge breaches of Maryada are performed where the Sevadars for the Panj do not keep Amritvela or even basic Bibek Rehat.

Furthermore, on the subject of Naam DriRh. Anyone who has not received Naam DriRh, and is finding it difficult to Jap Naam at Amritvela, should go for Pesh in front of the Panj to receive it. I personally know of Gursikhs who found Naam Simran impossible and were nowhere near being able to Jaap Naam for the full Pehar (3 hours) of Amritvela, and after receiving Naam DriRh were able to do this after a little perseverance.

I also agree with Jagjit Singh's post that there should not be such a stigma attatched with doing Pesh. Whilst we shouldn't "nit-pick" Jeevans of the Panj, if five Sikhs lacking basic Rehat get together and do nothing more than stir some water and sugar in a Batta along with 5 Bania, should an Abhilakee be left with this as his/her "Amrit"? What exactly is the definition of "Amrit"? There have been times when the Panj have had to read the Panj Bania from Gutka because they did not know it Kanth - how can the Panj be concentrating on the Amrit preparation if they are reading from a Gutka? Amrit preparation has a strict Maryada that must be adhered to. In some Amrit Sanchars, the Amrit is not even given by Panj Singhs but rather one of the Panj gives the Amrit five times to the Abhilakee.

Therefore I believe that if you have good reasons for Peshing, there is nothing wrong with it. I know Veers who walked out of the Amrit Sanchar and felt nothing, feeling completely underwhelmed by the experience and almost wishing they hadn't taken Amrit having seen the serious lack of Maryada in the Amrit Sanchar. Later with Guru Sahib's Kirpa they Peshed and experienced full Rass.

Apologies if I have offended anyone

Amrit is Amrit..when the panj are there they represent guru maharsj....says in bani.

so there is no reason when any amrit sanchar to be lesser than any other.

143759[/snapback]

completely wrong

if in one amrit sanchaar you are told its ok to eat meat. is this the same as another amrit sanchaar which says dont eat meat????

no. it isnt.

there is only one amrit, so there can only be one rehit.

you cant have panj pyareh saying u can eat meat in 1 amrit sanchaar and saying u cant at a anova amrit sanchaar. jus like u cant hav the 5th kakaar as kes and keski