The Proof Of Sikhism

Bikramlal

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sat Sri Akal:

"quran wasnt even writen by muhammad, it could hav been altered. it was written by his companiens whilst he was in some kind of unconcience state. therefore word of quran could hav been altered. where as with Guru Granth Sahib ji it has come directly from our Guru, hand written by them from Waheguru him self. "

Please do not use this arguement, because it will backfire.  The Guru Sahiban also dictated Gurbani to first, Bhai Gurdas Sahib for the Kartarpuri Bir Sahib(without the Bani of the ninth Master) and then, Bhai Mani Singh Ji for the Damdami Bir Sahib (Sampooran Guru Granth Sahib Saroop), which is what the Guru Granth Sahib is the same as.  Difference is that Guru Sahiban went back, reviewed the dictation and did corrections (as is obvious from observation of the Kartarpuri Saroop Sahib).

149781[/snapback]

yeh but they could have hardly changed any of the bani whilst mahraj was sitin der rite next 2 em, n im sure mahraj would check it after. Muhammad couldnt remember what he said, or what had happend when he had his revalations, so how could it be checked??

Sat Sri Akal:

"eh but they could have hardly changed any of the bani whilst mahraj was sitin der rite next 2 em, n im sure mahraj would check it after."

You got it...there are many corrections that are found in the Kartarpuri Bir Sahib, where Guru Arjun Sahib went throught and wrote the corrections.

WAHEGURU JI KA KHALSA WAHEGURU JI KI FATEH

I can understand what situation your in.

I mean my muslim mate before (when i use to go to skool- about yr ago) said to me you'll find out on the day of judgement day the Quran is the truth- something like that.

This stressed me out that i didnt say anything to him about this (all i said was i have full faith in Sikhi- coz i did) but i didnt know what to say to him coz of my lack of knowlege of Sikhi no.gif .

And he also said Sikhs are allowed to drink alcohol, n i said to him were not allowed and he said yes you are, and again coz i didnt have any proof to tell him i couldnt say anything.- coz i knew were forbidded but i didnt know how to prove it.

N he said muslims arnt if i rememeber correctly... again i think Muslims are, the Quran just says that dont drink alcohol when you gonna pray (i hope someone corrects me if im wrong on the Quran verse ive just mentioned).

N i know know Sikhi is the truth, coz the Akal Purak has given me a personal experience, the first time i felt anand and the first time i understood what true anand feels like. Which is why i got stressed out for months when a muslim asked me to convert to Islam, who didnt have a clue about Sikhi, so how could she say Islam is the only truth? Which really made me feel bad taht i never said anything.

they say that they have a proof that Islam and the Quran is sent from God, and that no other religion has.

their alleged proof is that noone has ever been able to write a verse like the ones in the quran..the grammar, words, they way of putting the words and so on is unike, and i've read on the net that no one has ever been able to do that.

the Quran challenges mankind to write something similar, but noone never has.

then they ask me "we have a fysical proof of the Quran"..what do u have?

In my view there is no Granth in this world as great as Siri Guru Granth Sahib Ji which is written like Gurbani, which is written in poetry, with sentences rhyming.

What proof do they need?

GURBANI IS THE PHYSICAL PROOF ITSELF.

If they need proof, they can read Gurbani for themselfs.

Here is something... dont get me wrong i dont rely on these miracles to believe in Sikhi, but question them why did this happen if it isnt the Divine word?

Katrina Miracle

http://www.rediff.com/news/2005/sep/10book.htm?q=tp

Cancer miracle:

http://www.tribuneindia.com/2002/20021223/ldh1.htm

QUOTE(rsingh @ Jan 30 2006, 06:37 PM)

they debate because they belive converting one person will tke there family to cloud 9 direct flight non stop. WOW thats so good you dont actually got to do anything just go and preach lies and hate.

this is incorrect, converting a person does not mean you enter Paradise

Yasmin sister i think he might be talking about the fact that Muslims believe you get swahb for converting someone to Islam (please correct me if im wrong).

WAHEGURU JI KA KHALSA WAHEGURU JI KI FATEH

basically:

prophet muhammed didnt write the koran himself, and apperantly he was influenced by satan and the satanic verses came to be.

as a sikh we believe in the gurus teachings and only in sikhism is where the guru actually himself compiled and wrote the word of the guru granth sahib. so its upto us to believe if guruji is telling us the truth about gurbani being the word of god. of course muslims have to make themselves feel better and just come up with that the koran is from god. the koran cannot be all of god's true word as most of it is about the prophet.

pray.gif The quoran is an indirect revelation from god via an angel called gabrielle, Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji is a direct revelation from god because gurus were one with god at all times therefore this is the only direct revelation from god. You see muslims dont even believe that we can become one with god so therefore they never grasp the nature of what it means to have a direct revelation, Guru Nanak Dev Ji explains it quite satifactorily when he says "Jai se mai aavai kasam ki baani..." i reveal as the word comes to me. Hindu scriptures are inspired by reverberations that can be heard in different spiritual regions this is the source of the vedas they are not from god either that is why the presiding deity of a spiritual region is the object of their worship. With regards to the "noone can write a surah like it i dare you...." this is easy tell them that you will accept their challenge if they can find even one verse in quoran that can awaken your soul like 1430 pages of bani can, if they say they can then their whole philosophy comes crashing down because in their theological position self-realisation is a farce. And this is the fundamental difference between scripture and revelation or bani, that bani is not a maryada, bani is for your soul, the divine essence within has the opportunity to rekindle its intimate bond with god through the primacy of direct revelation - sounds like boring philosophical words but it is the vital difference between the nature of bani which is guru and the purpose of quoran which is opinion, ie, our prophet never left theirs did!. We need to start to fully understand sikh doctrine before we engage in debate with other faiths many muslims I met say that for all the equality that sikhi preaches it failed to produce even one female guru from its 10 and even elected a child of the age of 8. This misunderstanding shows how they view our religion in reality the answer is that guru is bani and bani has no gender, the vehicle for bani was flesh in a male form, today the vehicle is paper which is neither male or female it has nothing to do with political times or social conditions its about how we veiw the guru - does the body really mean anything?

Good luck :TH:

ISDhillon

Duncan Greenlees, the celebrated author of the World Gospel

Series:

Sikhism is no disguised Hindu sect, but an independent revelation of the Truth of

all sects; it is no variant of Muslim teaching . . . It too is a distinct religion like the other great religions of the world . . . The Sikh is not a Hindu or a Muslim; he is the disciple of the one Eternal Guru."

Edward Bittencourt: "Sikhism is a wholly new, original and

genuinely monotheistic religion. It is an independent religion which naturally may be said to have a background of Hinduism and Islam, much as Christianity has a background of Judaism, and Judaism has a background of Akhnatonism and Zoroastrianism and previous Semitic

Paganism."

Janet Lant writes;

"The Guru Granth Sahib was complied over a period of 240years by the hands of the beings that founded Sikh religion. All copies are matched to the original handwritten one.

It is scientifically impossible for any known being to write a book with all the qualities

found in the Guru Granth Sahib Ji. Below are some of those amazing qualities:

1. It is written using very deeply profound words obtained from over 16 languages.

(I would say that it's words are more profound then that of any other Book on the

planet, but that would not get anywhere, I would be simply dismissed as being

biased)

2. The words from over 16 incompatible languages are incorporated in a way that

they make perfect sense.

3. The alphabet the Guru Granth Sahib uses was invented by the Supreme Beings

that wrote it. The Alphabet is called Gurmuki, it is impossible to make a spelling

mistake using this alphabet because it has logical grammar rules. Every word or

sound can only be written one way. Not like English where the k in knife is silent.

This is the easiest alphabet to master. I bet the world would be using computers a

long time ago to write things using speech recognition programs if Gurmuki was

the business language of the world.

4. Every sentence is written in poetry of the highest order. (William Shakespeare

would have been envious.)

5. At the same time every sentence rhymes.

6. At the same time everything is in music verse form, so that all sorts of musical

instruments can be played while it is sung."

All the above qoute wher written by non sikhs (though i think one ovem converted im not sure)

the main problem in the panth is the lack of "gurbani" knowledge.

Guru sahib states that both Bani and Bana are mandatory.

so, if you intitated your self into khalsa, and wear the 5 kakkars, you cant just pass yourself off as a true gursikh, you must read , recite and understand gurbani, which is essentialy sikhi itself.

once you read, recite and understand the Gurbani and compare it to the scriptures of the abrahamic religions, then youl realise.

nuf sed