India ..

Jaspaul Singh

vaheguroo ji ka khalsa, vaheguroo ji ki fatehh

India .. a place for sikhi ?? Still the same place as our gurus left it ?? Same vision that Srii Guru Nanak Dev ji had ??

Ok .. i am gona try to remember all that happened with me in india and the basis of all this is to show everyone in what state india is right now .. this may be long but iw ill try not to bore everyone :) ..

ok here goes .. as some of you may have known .. i went to india in the first week of december and recently returned a few days ago going for about two months and in those two months i have seen soo much and learnt soo much..

I went to india to relax my mind.. to get away from certain problems .. to learn from my mistakes .. to become a better sikh and guru kirpa naal .. i hope what i learned and saw in india helps me become more aware in my own life ..

From problems in my own families, fights, drinking, meat, to problems in gurdwaras where there is no parchaar whatsoever, to problems in different states, everyone says punjab is in bad state but what about those other states where sikhs are and our gurdwaras are, even those states are a wreck. I never seen a more polluted area of disgust as the state bihar, the same sacred asthaan where our dhan pita ji sri guru gobind singh ji came some 300 yrs back at patna sahib. The whole area is filled wit people doing everything imagined from smoking, drugs, alcohol, meat and rite in front of our takht sri darbar sahib patna .. !!!

Now back to punjab, yes its been in such bad shape. Like i mentioned in another thread, the parchaar of baba ranjit singh has helped ever so much but yet so far back. Funny things such as the tape of baba ranjit singh playing at a meat shop and in that tape he was talkin about meat himself. haha

Another scenerio, is my mumma jis machine repair shop is next to a desi tekha (alcohol), and everyday i would see singhs come buy their boos. Some would say stop them, or talk to them, but how many can you talk to ?? They werent all amritdhari but ya .. there was once in the beginning when i got there remembering baba ranjit singhs words that if you see a amritdhari drinking to take off his kirpan etx.. then i see this one singh wit a kirpan .. i talked to him and he was a really bhola guy so he backed off but then my mumma ji said he saw him at another tekha !! Then my mumma ji pointed out look .. more than half of the singhs that come to get drunk are amritdhari or wearing kirpans, so how many can you stop ?? The ban of alcohol is in sri gurugranth sahib ji, but NO PARCHAAAR IS DONE ON THIS !!!

India is in such bad shape i cant even explain. I am no one to talk as i am the biggest moorakh of them all but even if you meet a gursikh couple out of the crowd in india, there is something always non-sikhi they do that is wrong. Whether its caste, believing in hindu rituals and moortis, idol worshipping, no equality for men and women, and the list goes on and on.

The worst i seen was in my own families.

My dads side, most of all of them are namdharis. I dont blame them. Everyone knows the gursikh baba ram singh that we know but the namdharis have given him the title of satgur. Well anyway, his sisters name was Chanda Kaur. She is my Grandmothers Grandma. So we are very closely related, and in this way even though i am not at all in favour of namdharis, i did want to learn about them. I visited Sri Bhaini sahib because my dads bhua ji who resides there we went to visit her who is also over 110 years of age, and in that way i got to see their asthaan. I have to admit its very peaceful there, and so much pyaar. But i would never ever adopt anyone else my guru except the all supreme sri guru granth sahib ji. If anyone else wants more of my experience here they can happily PM me.

Well that is my dads side, and my moms side is all nanaksari. Even my nani jis nankai are somehow related to baba nand singh ji. So you can see both my parents side is very sikhi related. But sadly, why am i and my sister the only amritdharis in my family. There are some amritdharis in my family but some either dont follow strict rehat hence keeping kirpan on all the time etx.. or some trim beards or something else. I am not even close to what a sikh should be but this is to just give an example of how sikhi is in india.

It is so bad that in families there they treat pictures as a gaining tool. When someone wants something only then they pray in front of them pictures to achieve that specific thing. Or there are those akhand paahts or kirtans that are performed in favour of somespecial occasions at homes but even those are for money gaining purposes.

I have to admit, i have seen no sikhi bibi there except those at smagams. None on the streets, non at gurdwaras (maybe one from afar), but that is it. That brings up the question that did the bibis at smagams come from afar and not india ?! Obviously its hard to believe im sure there are tons in india but ONLY a handful. Most of the bibis in families (and keep in mind im talkin from my side mostly), wear tons of earings, nose rings, jewellry, makeup, mendhi, SINDOOR !! And the fashion of cutting their hair not only amongst girls but even guys is ever so growing. You got people like full kesdhari singhs in barber shops cutting off others hairs .. like what the ... !!

You have some families saying they goto some falana baba or some pir or some other brahmin. It is soo messed up down there. Even talkin to some maha gursikhs at thesmagams i went to such as the one in Ludhiana or at dodra .. they would fall in tears simply telling me how bad sikhi is here and how these corrupted people are tearing sikhi apart down here. This is in india and its slowly creeping down to canada, US, UK and in some parts its alrdy working, but in other places, sikhi is ever so growing.

Hinduistic views have damaged sikhi ever so much, i cant even explain how much india. These scares of that if you do this this will happen or if you do this you will be cursed for this long. Pictures of hindu gods in almost every relative i have in india. Their response ? We are like hindus.. sikhs came from hindus .. sikh gurus hindu gods .. same thing.. etx etx..

ALLL this just wants to brings tears in ones eyes. ALL this and plus MUCH more that i may have forgot to write or include thinking it may be too hard for some to hear. This post was just to open up a few shut eyes thinking that its bad here and indias in high spirits, and to basically show what i had experienced myself. Its always best to experience things urself rather then listening to someone else or their experiences so i would encourage everyone to please go visit india and if you can make a difference please do. Even if its buying a poor boy/girl food to eat, clothes to wear, donating at local gurughars (better yet actually supplyin them with the equipment they need or the food rather than giving maya because we dont know where exactly or how exactly that money will be used), or even going directly to pinglewara in amritsar and supplying them with clothes and food to help those in need.

Good bless everyone and keep everyone in chardi kala. Vaaheguroo bless us with the right sangat and ever lasting seva of those in need and to our friends and family, and to never forget the simran blessed by vaheguroo ji.

Forgive any mistakes this moorakh may have made or said, bhul chuk maph ..

Chardi kala !! pray.gif

daas,

Vaaaheguroooo ji ka khalsa, vaaaaaaaahegurooooooo ji ki fatehhhh !!

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Waheguru jee ka khalsa waheguru jee kee fateh

Thanks for sharing your experience with all the sangat here. Though I can feel the pain you experienced during your visit through these so many manmukh activities. Your experience tell us difference between the real sewa Panth need wrt Parchar and discussing problems on the net. Brother you very rightly mention about the States other Punjab & Delhi where the Sikhi situation is even worse due to lack of Parchar / Sikh Population / Resources etc.

Well about how to improve the current situation, I think Parhcar Teams headed by SGPC / DSGPC including like minded organizations / Youth from India / outside India and the local area should be formed and work as per pre planned agenda/ goals.

SGPC / DSGPC should recruit Young Educated Parcharak, give them training, offer them handsome salary / career / stability, equip them with the latest technology, motivation such as monetary benefit for early or timely achivements of goals etc.

Apart from religious education , education of Sikh familes Kids , career development, health services etc. should also be in the Agenda of these teams.

Bhulla chukka dee maufai _/\_

Waheguru jee ka khalsa waheguru jee kee fateh

WAHEGURU JI KA KHALSA WAHEGURU JI KI FATEH

Good post brother, thanks for sharing your experience.

I know how you feel, now that we've realised all this is happening aswell as doing something about it, we shouldnt get ourselfs down about it.

Threre are plenty of good things that are happening in India aswell... i.e. i know when i went to India a cuple of yrs ago i heard about 2 sisters getting baptised even thugh there only about 20 (which is good that they got shown the way to Sikhi.) And my cosin has also got baptised (in India) n my other cousin is a preacher who preaches everywhere even down Rajastan if i remember correctly which i was quite amazed by!- By the way this cousin influenced his mam (whos about in her 60's) into getting baptsied aswell. And all thsi was in my pind!

But i agree most of Sikhs in India are getting out of touch from Sikhi and i think they really need ppl from outside of India to show them the way- coz of the fact that they havent got any resources to learn about the true Sikhi- coz most ppl in India are corrupt and they are only believeing what they are being shown- i.e. the wrong things that idol worship is ok, which the Siri Guru Granth Sahib Ji forbids!

One thing i would like to say Pakistani Sikhs wouldnt be like this would they (i.e. hindufied- and having images of Hindu Gods etc) because they are out of influence from the Indian government and they have stayed in touch with the true Sikhi!

WAHEGURU JI KA KHALSA WAHEGURU JI KI FATEH

Great write up Jaspaul Singh Ji.

It is not just Sikhs who are losing it, there appears a trend to "westernise" across India by the new generation. This is not just limited to Sikhs.

The SGPC have failed on the parchar front. In our local area we have an SGPC parcharak, all he ever does is get involved in petty political squabbles(he is pro Badal). His parchar is limited to making speaches to ask locals to vote for pro badal SGPC candidates. He has a SGPC car which his family happily use for social puroposes.

>>One thing i would like to say Pakistani Sikhs wouldnt be like this would they (i.e. hindufied- and having images of Hindu Gods etc) because they are out of influence from the Indian government and they have stayed in touch with the true Sikhi!

I stayed with some Sikhs from Pakistan for a few weeks (two years ago). They have sure escaped brahminification. They enjoy their meat, they enjoy dancing at Sikh celebrations. They hate the "we know better" attitude that Singh from the UK usually display when they go over to Pakistan. One thing they all wear dastaar, even very young children wear a patka. I am not sure if they will survive brahminification drive of all the so called "kar sewa" wale who after destroying important Sikh heritage in India have turned their hands to the Gurdwara in Pakistan. I expect the unique naqashi (fresco) paintings in many Gurdwara in Nankana Sahib district will soon be whitewashed.

As you have said in your story that there cant be a sikh seen in india who is keeping rehit.... different jathaibandis claim to have givin amrit to millions upon millions of sikhs accross india and they claim to have doene great parchar... and yet you say there is a sikh that cant even bee seen... this is not an accusation but i jus would like to state facts...

the reason why poeple arent comming into gursikhi jeevan is because it is not gursikhi jeevan any more.... it is bhramanvadee jeevan that people are upholding these days... there sikhs on the outside with a dastaar and kesh but there actions and thought distingushes something else.

P.S: Jaspal singh do you have meat phobia?????

First, i think we need to admit that Maharaj, you are doer, we have no power to do anything. Thank you Maharaj for atleast giving us the budhi to know between gurmat and manmat.

I was just pondering over some ideas...why don't we guys go in groups (5-10) every year to india, as sort of a vacation type thing. Go to each our respective villages and do Naam Simran at the Pind gurdwaras non-stop for a week. Go around to each of our villages...=> that makes like 5-10 villages that we will have done some kind of prachar.

Plus, knowing Pendu mentallity, they might be attracted to a bunch of "phoren" Singhs in Sikhi.

I think over a couple of years of doing this we might see results in atleast our own family villages.

Tell me what you think?