Hazoor Sahib

Namstang, seems to have pulled a card from the works of Gurmant Grewal. Next time you have a conversation with anyone, I suggest you at least ask them before pasting onto message boards.

Yes him and this gurmukh i know from montreal - bhai gurdev singh ji, he is not a taksali but he studied in taksal for few years.

Lastly I also think next time you shoud clarify deeper yourself before using individuals to raise these comments. In what you pasted above all Jasdev Singh said was that Sant Giani Gurbachan Singh never took a stand against Arti-aarta but that was clearly after establshing the above that Taksal itself does not practice it.

sorry i was trying to show gupt dasan das, arti-arta ceremony is not a big thing in taksal that they would spoke against it.

Lastly as for your comments about Mehta Taksal returning to its roots. I personally, and had my sentiments echoed back after sharing them with other Singhs, found these quite insulting towards the Jatha itself. Mehta Taksal was always under the leadership of Great Panthic Mahpurskhs from Sant Giani Kartaar Singh to Sant Giani Jarnail Singh to Sant Baba Takhur Singh. To say that a dusht like Dhumma is restoring and fullfilling the tasks as if he was greater then these Sikhs is indeed profoundly insulting, considering he himself does not come any where near these Singhs, espeically with the rap sheet that he has.

It seemed my comments earlier seem to cause offence which i didn't intended despite of my mentioning that is quite understandable to change with times and there is nothing wrong tracking back to its roots when extreme circumstances are gone.

In 1975 until 90's it was troubling times, jathedars of taksal mehta didn't had full time to follow inch by inch maryada of bhindran(which is quite understandable). Ie- chalisa maryada was lost, havan samgri maryada was also lost which was bought back by baba harnam singh ji according to what i have read.

These are only things i know which were changed during the times. Everything else was same if i m not mistaken.

in closing Taksal is against the practice of Arti-artaa

I cannot speak for mehta but I know via singh from montreal who took studied in taksal bhindran that baba mohan singh ji bhindranwale (jathedar of bhindran taksal) are not against this arti-arta ceremony.

I still have to see any divan or katha done by sant mahapursh of taksal speaking against via valid reasonings, or general against arti-arta ceremony which is practised by all the puratan samparda's

i sincerly appolize if any of my wording looks like a attack on taksal or anything. in my previous post, my wordings may be incorrect about authentic traditions of taksal. I shouldn't have used it so in this post, i m only clarifying specifically what i think was lost now coming back.

100 desert taksal over maryada

Amritsar, April 14

More than 100 followers of Damdami Taksal deserted it today following differences over ‘maryada’.

They alleged that senior functionaries of the taksal had beaten them up when they raised objections over the ongoing chaliha (forty days religious purification) on the taksal premises.

Those who deserted the taksal urged the Jathedar, Akal Takht, to summon the taksal’s acting chief, Baba Harnam Singh Dhumma, for indulging in ‘anti-maryada’ activities. The ‘chaliha’ started from April 1 and would be completed on May 11.

However, a senior functionary of the taksal, Bhai Ajaib Singh Abhinasi, claimed that the ‘chaliha’ was arranged to revive the old ‘maryada’ of the taksal, which had been abandoned for a long time. Denying the allegations of conducting a ‘havan’ inside the taksal premises, Bhai Abhinasi said the ongoing purification activities were based on the two books written by Sant Kartar Singh and Sant Gurbachan Singh Khalsa, both former Jathedars of the taksal.

Addressing a joint press conference, Jathedar Amrik Singh and his companions alleged that many of the followers were severely beaten up and asked to leave the taksal immediately. While the followers were given marching orders ,others deserted the taksal. When contacted, Bhai Abhinasi admitted to the thrashing.

The breakaway group claimed that all the old followers of the taksal were not happy over the ongoing “purification methods†adopted by the taksal chief..

Sat Sri Akal:

Looking something up for another reason, I ran across this today:

kiljug kI suD swDnw krm ikrq kI clY n kweI]

Now listen to the discipline of kaliyug wherein the rituals do not hold merit anymore.

kalijug kee sudhh saadhhanaa karam kirath kee chalai n kaaee||

Line 1

ibnW Bjn Bgvwn ky Bwau Bgq ibn TOr n QweI]

Without loving bhajan/kirtan and loving meditation, none will get any place anywhere.

binaan bhajan bhagavaan kae bhaao bhagath bin thaar n thhaaee||

Line 2

lhy kmwxw eyq jug ipClIN jugIN kr kmweI]

Because of good deeds life in the previous ages, the human form has been obtained in kaliyug.

lehae kamaanaa eaeth jug pishhaleen jugeen kar kamaaee||

Line 3

pwXw mwns dyh kau AYQoN cuikAw TOr n TweI]

Now if this opportunity slipped, no occasion and place would be made available (for salvation).

paayaa maanas dhaeh ko aithhon chukiaa thaar n thaaee||

Line 4

kiljug ky aupkwr sux jYsy byd AQrbx gweI]

As has been said in the Atharvaveda, listen to the redeeming features of kaliyug.

kalijug kae oupakaar sun jaisae baedh athharaban gaaee||

Line 5

Bwau Bgiq prvwxu hY j`g hom qy purb kmweI]

Now feeingful devotion only is acceptable; yajna, burnt offering and worship of the human guru was the discipline of the earlier ages.

bhaao bhagath paravaan hai jaag hom thae purab kamaaee||

Line 6

krky nIc sdwvxw qW pRB lyKy AMdr pweI]

If somebody now, in spite of being a doer, erases from his self this sense and prefers to be called lowly, only then he can remain in the good graces of the Lord.

karakae neech sadhaavanaa thaan prabh laekhae andhar paaee||

Line 7

kiljug nwvY kI vifAweI ]ñö]

In Kaliyug, only repeating the name of Lord is considered grand.

kalijug naavai kee vaddiaaee ||aa||

(Slightly modified from : http://searchgurbani.com/main.php?book=bha...vaar=1&pauri=16 )

Perhaps we should weigh what is occuring with what Bhai Sahib is saying?

Bhul Chuk Maaf.

Guest militant singh

ALL i gonna say is a lot of hindu stuff goes on dwn hazoor sahib which shouldnt eg AARTI with fire and other hinudistic rituals,,,This Gurdwara has been taken over by them so called sikhs who ran off in 84 them fake sikhs who give it large but then run when the fighting begins ,,They also cut up meat and goats in so called sacrafices And we all know dats forbidden in Sikhi they follow so callled Sanatan Sikhi or as i call it SATANIC SIKHI That Niddar singh geezer dwn the U.K sucks young youths up in2 this cult of fake nihangs and they cuss the shaheeds of 1984 ,,,,sadly Hazzor sahib has been taken ova by the likes of him ,,,,,who also worship Shiva that hindu dancing mythological god.......The reason 4 this is beacuse hazoor sahib is outta panjab and hindu influences creep in with the help of the fake nihangs and this serves the ANTI SIKH Activities of the RSS and other extreamist groups ,,,,,,,,,NOTE THIS HAZZOR SAHIB IS THE ONLY GURDWARA SHOWN ON THE XTREAMIST HINDU CHANNEL ASSTHA TV SKY CHNL 828 I THINK.....y do u think this is Its obvious Hazoor Sahib serves thier motive of trying 2 hinduize sikhi and suck it in 2 hinduism and People like NIddar singh of da UK who are very very similar 2 the guys who do them sacrafices dwn hazoor sahib eg meat parshad and other weird and worng things have the chance 2 show the uneducated youth that this is really the tru version of sikhi wen it aint ,,they believe a loada crap that the British altered the Guru Granth Sahib ,Shaheeds of 84 were fake sikhs ,we allowed 2 drink alcohol,smoke weed and other crap Well anyway the soori 2 go slightly off topic but u can c how all this links up

gupt daasan das veerji,

i know Namastang brought out this point before, but i'll just reiterate it...

Chaur is also spoken of in Aarti...."Pavan chavro kare"....and so are flowers. Yet we still use the chaur and flowers.

As far as i'm aware, Taksal does not perform arti-arta, yet it doesn't hold it as being anti-gurmat. For example, flowers aren't used that often in the taksal as other sampardas (like Nanaksar), but Taksal still doesn't condemn the use of flowers.

I will also get this verified from a senior Taksali Singh.