Do People Of Chamaar Caste Believe In Hinduism?

ranj03

Randip Singh

Yes, everyone is at fault, but I have to speak honestly, and that is that in my life experience, the most virulently casteist and hypocritical bigots within the Sikh community when it comes to caste are the Jat sections of our society, the most inflexible and backwards, the ones who perpetrate the most amounts of caste consciousness and caste pride are Jatts. That is not to say others do not do it, but I must speak truthfully as a I see it, and describe the most blatant source of this backward attitude as far as I can see.

I strongly agree with this statment brother as i have also seen this with my own eyes

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My analysis has been it’s a two way mentality you have those that consider themselves jatts and tharkans with a superiority complex even between themselves! Then you have chamars who that have become caste paranoid and despite any good intentions they continue to play the caste card. Now before the liberal left go nuts on me please read what’s been written, I state “those that consider themselves”.

Modern day Indian Panjab etc has made the chamars from yesterday in to the jatts of today by discriminating against jatts and punishing them for years of financial and social affluence. Jatts cant get jobs, farming problems etc. You don’t see chamars committing suicide do you? There was a solution it was the two finger solute Sikhi gave to the caste system but mans need to superior tribes has even over come that. This is everywhere it is deeply rooted in Panjabi Indian culture and mentality it is man tribal created. It is even deeply rooted in the panth jathas etc, even monae’ and keshdaries suffer with it. I am not saying this is happening all the time but if you take the layers away its there and that’s the truth.

Its only my opinion but I believe Sikhi and the Gurus did not materialise to serve themselves, they came to serve mankind. If Sikhs of whatever background cant grasp the concept of equality and opportunity it is not Sikhi or the Gurus who have failed it is the so called Sikhs who have failed. There is a saying “do not judge Christ by the state of Christians” I think that applies very much to Sikhi also “ do not judge The Guru and Sikhi by the state of Sikhs.

Truth brutally beautiful

Neecha Andar Neech Jaat

Neechi Hu At Neech

Nanak Tin Kai Sang Saath

Vadian Sio Kia Rees

If being Neech is the only way to attain him then this soul wishes that it becomes a Chamaar of the Chamaars right away...

But he's not saying that you have to be a Chamaar to attain him, he's simply saying "be humble and I'll be yours"...

And thats what Bhagat Ravidas Ji were - Humble...And so they attained god...

To tell you the truth...Bhagats were not Chamaars at all...The world then, like now, was/is blind, they couldn't/can't see the truth...

The real Chamaars are us...We are chamaars and it doesn't matter what religion we are from...

If we do not have the urgency to meet god within us... and we are not doing anything about it...then we are chamaars...Big time... :)

Its great to see so much gossip about vairous issues related to the chammar 'caste'...I find it a really great insight into anyone who visit this site who wants to know more about Sikhi....

It really gives them an insight into the :

ONE THING THAT IS CAUSING SO MUCH PROBLEMS WITHIN SIKHI....

How many of you have actually been to a 'Chamar Gurudwara'?

And what gives you the right to offend these human beings?

I'm a chamar, I keep my kesh...I keep my dastaar, I belive in GGSJ as being the ultimat and everlasting source of Sikhi, a lot of you guys fails to realise that it is ISOLATED individualas that cause such tensions and issues within Chamars and other Sikh communities and there shouldnt be this widespread gossiping and condeming of another 'group'...

We all keep control of condeming Muslims and Hindus (well some of us do) but don't we just love gossiping about our own community!!!!

Well done.

By the way...the Gurudwara I go to have Siri Guru Granth Sahib Ji and Dasam Granth ji BOTH as the focual point with Guru Nakak Ji and Guru Gobind Singh Ji as well as Bhagat Ravidass.

This sort of disucssion has been posted so many times before and I'm surprised the mods havent closed it already.

NEHMATs comments are VERY APT!!!!!

Thats the good thing about marrying into white singhs/singhnis. THis way the flaws of punjabi culture such as caste system will be diluted in generations so much that caste will no longer be a problem. Why? Because you don;t know the caste of the white person!

Good idea? What do you lot think?

great ideaa!!! plus when u mix n match, they make the cutest babies lol :D

You get thre types of chumars

1. Hindu

2.Sikh

3. Ravisdarsi

Alot mix n match

But they can all marry each other.

a true chamaar is a ravidaasia not sikh or hindu;)

when the vasiaki mela comes around and the sikhs parade, our GURU RAVIDASS MAHARAJ JI GURUDARA is just down the road from a main sikh temple and we stand outside to show our unity and offer cold drinks and drapes for the G.G.S.J because we all believe the same holy book...

i joined this site because i wanted to see a insight into sikh ppl thoughts....

belittleing isnt clever....if you are a sikh and hold your hand out to friendship from our ppl you will get it thousand times back but if you do show hatred thick mentality youll just get labelled as another one jaat hater....

just a question i hope somebody can shed some light on...

Q/ HOW MANY OF THE PAANCH PIARYA WERE JAATS?