AKJ OR SIKH sangat?

Guest learner singh

i heard once that the British once said that Sikhs can conquer  the world in 7 days but can not rule for a single day.  food for thought.

Can't help but agree with that statement.

No matter how negative we are, I still feel we are able to successfully unite and when we do we are commendable. What other religious group in UK is able to arrange a Nagar Kirtan or something similar. All Khalsa jathas/sampardys unite.

After a Nagar Kirtan, a muslim friend once said to me that muslims could never unite to organise anything like this. Come to think of it, neither could Hindus or Christians.

Just being an optimist.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There are more than 40 jatha bandeess ohmy.gifohmy.gif that's a huge split..

Even i respect all jathas, but i strongly think we need to be united.. YES in names too.. Just "khalsa" !

I agree that we need to be one, BUT, how can we unite when we all don't the follow the same Sikhi? So many people follow different levels and flavors of Sikhi. And they all claim to be Sikh, from monas with large khandas around their necks to Sehajdhari people that wear turbans but trim their beards. :T:

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

In the end this is how i see it......when someone is doing Kirtan in a Smagam held by a Jatha?? Who is doing that kirtan?? A sikh? A Jatha person? From where is that Kirtan coming from?? From his Jatha or his heart and who's heart is it, the Jathas or Waheguru's? What lies in his Heart his Jatha or Khuda??

The Jatha is just a gathering of people, But it is Waheguru himself who sings from that Kirtanees heart. Not his Jatha. The kirtan is coming from his Heart, not his Jatha. In one's heart he can be a Sikh of the Guru, but he cannot be a Akjer or Dodra or Taksali.

Waheguru.

Another way of looking at it is that whatever sangat that you are with thats the way you become. For example if you hang with sehajdharees then you will be sehajdharee. If you hang out with Singhs who follow full GurSikh rehit then you become like them. Sangats are essential, but there are so many of them with different levels of Sikhi being followed.

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

i agree with akjforever... especialy recently, i've noticed a bit of a change in myself, that i'm becoming so much more adept to sikhi and so much more concentrated and dedicated to it, and it's no doubt largely due to the fact of the people i'm with at samagams and such. I agree with akjforever in large part. who you hang out with does have a huge influence on your own character, but the only difference in my opinion is it doesn't have a full influence on you.

i heard once that the British once said that Sikhs can conquer the world in 7 days but can not rule for a single day. food for thought.

If we agree to that quote, then they were sucessful in breaking us down. In the past alot of things were done by those british in order to weaken Sikhi! And that quote is a minor part of their bigger activities.