Arson Attack On Williams Lake Gurdwara

cybershot1

we need to MAKE A STAND and form national youth networks in affected countries to protect our community and places of worship BECAUSE NO ONE ELSE WILL.

the coming times will prove even worser for us unless we act now.

with Guru ji's guidance each of us should be sawa lakh

Well Said veer Ji, I agree...but the thing is it's US that NEED TO DO SOMETHING and make a stand for ourselve's as Sikhs...we cant let our selves rely on Political Gurdwara Commities and what not because they dont care about anything apart from their bank balance, these Masants cant be trusted anymore...

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

we need to MAKE A STAND and form national youth networks in affected countries to protect our community and places of worship BECAUSE NO ONE ELSE WILL.

the coming times will prove even worser for us unless we act now.

with Guru ji's guidance each of us should be sawa lakh

Well Said veer Ji, I agree...but the thing is it's US that NEED TO DO SOMETHING and make a stand for ourselve's as Sikhs...we cant let our selves rely on Political Gurdwara Commities and what not because they dont care about anything apart from their bank balance, these Masants cant be trusted anymore...

157885[/snapback]

true say ji. our ithiaas shows us that people who have acted in the interests of Sikhi haven't waited around to seek approval of everyone before doing so. the committee's won't do much because in them you get the good apples and the bad apples who act in their own self interest.

i think forums such as these contribute a major part in forming such networks amongst the youth. for instance provides people with alot of knowledge with whats happening in Sikhiland. but yeah we shouldn't rely on them

Its not crazy for there to be no link to racism. We had a fire at a Gurdwara in the UK where the giani from India left his kachara on a electric heater

Kurtas Veer Ji,

this ain't a case of a Gyani leaving his kachera on an electric heater, its a case of some white guy setting fire to a Gurdwara (a religous building where Sikhs worship), and I bet there's a board outside saying "Williams Lake Gurdwara" or "Sikh Temple" so its abit obvious that its a Worship Place...Its an Arsanol Attack on a Gurdwara...

Racist or Non Racist...someone (drunk teenager, burglar etc...) has set fire to a Gurdwara for their own likes, which is not acceptable and we must do something about it...

Its not crazy for there to be no link to racism. We had a fire at a Gurdwara in the UK where the giani from India left his kachara on a electric heater

Kurtas Veer Ji,

this ain't a case of a Gyani leaving his kachera on an electric heater, its a case of some white guy setting fire to a Gurdwara (a religous building where Sikhs worship), and I bet there's a board outside saying "Williams Lake Gurdwara" or "Sikh Temple" so its abit obvious that its a Worship Place...Its an Arsanol Attack on a Gurdwara...

Racist or Non Racist...someone (drunk teenager, burglar etc...) has set fire to a Gurdwara for their own likes, which is not acceptable and we must do something about it...

157887[/snapback]

Whats the point in jumping to conclusions and being outraged that the police have said this is not a racist incident ?

Why are you going out your way to bring the criminals colour into this ? So what if it is a white guy. Just as there are stupid idiots who are brown and black, the whites also have their fair share. It may be obvious it is a Sikh temple but there you go again making assumptions about the attacker. How you know he is not a thick mindless <banned word filter activated> who cannot read ?

I agree it is not acceptable but what are you going to do. Looking at the examples of church fires the various christian churches have not been able to stop attacks. You can educate people and tell them about the Sikh faith but that sure will not eradicate their prejudices.

Whats the point in jumping to conclusions and being outraged that the police have said this is not a racist incident ?

Why are you going out your way to bring the criminals colour into this ? So what if it is a white guy. Just as there are stupid idiots who are brown and black, the whites also have their fair share. It may be obvious it is a Sikh temple but there you go again making assumptions about the attacker. How you know he is not a thick mindless <banned word filter activated> who cannot read ?

I agree it is not acceptable but what are you going to do. Looking at the examples of church fires the various christian churches have not been able to stop attacks. You can educate people and tell them about the Sikh faith but that sure will not eradicate their prejudices.

157890[/snapback]

Im not outraged but its abit obvious that somone has attacked a Gurdwara aint it...

Why are you going out your way to bring the criminals colour into this ? So what if it is a white guy. Just as there are stupid idiots who are brown and black, the whites also have their fair share.

im not bringing crimals colours into this you <banned word filter activated>...i was just stating the facts...btw when have you seen a Sikh ever set fire to a Church, Mosque, Mandir, or Gurdwara dellibrattly without any reason what so ever...

Just as there are stupid idiots who are brown and black

There's good and bad in every race and ethnic groups...

what are you going to do. Looking at the examples of church fires the various christian churches have not been able to stop attacks. You can educate people and tell them about the Sikh faith but that sure will not eradicate their prejudices.

People like you have no inttention of fighting for your Rights what so ever...do you?

if you have no intention of fighting for the truth or one's right why dont you just convert to Christianity and practise the 'Forgive and Forget' principle...

Sikhs where born to fight for Truth and their Right's...may I ask what religion you are Kurtas?

What would you do if someone broke into your house if they wanted money, or someone set fire to your house because they where drunk???...I am just saying that Sikhs should FIGHT BACK...im sure you wouldn't let someone break into your house, break everything they see and run off with or your wealth...

Same news from Globe and Mail today

It is good they are doing coverage, but not very much coverage at all

only new info they gave in the article compared to other articles : RCMP Corporal Mark Menard said police are confident the temple fire was not racially motivated.

so the man who did this is not racist, just ABSOLUTELY CRAZY.  :wub:   pray.gifsad.gif

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servlet/sto...PStory/National

157878[/snapback]

Its not crazy for there to be no link to racism. We had a fire at a Gurdwara in the UK where the giani from India left his kachara on a electric heater (caused about 50K of damage). In another case a young child set fire to a Gurdwara building.

There was a survey done on church fires in the USA between 1995 and 1996 and only 20 (out of 73) black church fires had an element of racism (nine of the church fires had black suspects named). So although it may appear that it is down to racism, it is not always the case.

During an 18 month period there were fires at 75 white churches and 73 black churches. During a six year period there were 248 arson attacks on white churches and 161 at black churches.

Some cases involved firefighters setting fire to churches which they then helped put out. Other culprits include drunk teenagers, burglars etc.

157879[/snapback]

fateh ji

i dont think you have taken the time to quite read the posts, this has nothing to do with fires involving kacheras and electric heaters, the point to note is that someone poured kerosene around the gurudwara ,

to me it sounds like they wanted to cause damage to the place for a reason. Its not like an attack by a drunk who may pick up a stone and smash a window or hurl abuse at sikhs or even beat someone up,

someone has went and got some kerosene and took time to pour it so that damage would be caused.......................... from my knowledge its not drunken teenagers/adults or burgulars typical behaviour unless as it seems it was fuelled by racial motivation

Bhul chuk di kima

157890[/snapback]

Im not outraged but its abit obvious that somone has attacked a Gurdwara aint it...

Why are you going out your way to bring the criminals colour into this ? So what if it is a white guy. Just as there are stupid idiots who are brown and black, the whites also have their fair share.

im not bringing crimals colours into this you <banned word filter activated>...i was just stating the facts...btw when have you seen a Sikh ever set fire to a Church, Mosque, Mandir, or Gurdwara dellibrattly without any reason what so ever...

Just as there are stupid idiots who are brown and black

There's good and bad in every race and ethnic groups...

what are you going to do. Looking at the examples of church fires the various christian churches have not been able to stop attacks. You can educate people and tell them about the Sikh faith but that sure will not eradicate their prejudices.

People like you have no inttention of fighting for your Rights what so ever...do you?

if you have no intention of fighting for the truth or one's right why dont you just convert to Christianity and practise the 'Forgive and Forget' principle...

Sikhs where born to fight for Truth and their Right's...may I ask what religion you are Kurtas?

What would you do if someone broke into your house if they wanted money, or someone set fire to your house because they where drunk???...I am just saying that Sikhs should FIGHT BACK...im sure you wouldn't let someone break into your house, break everything they see and run off with or your wealth...

157893[/snapback]

Thank you for calling me a <banned word filter activated>. As little 3 year olds say "What you say is what you are"

There were plenty of incidents during 1947 when mosques were set on fire by self proclaimed Sikhs.

It does not take MENSA membership to work out what my faith is.

Who you going to fight ? Come on tell me. These are random incidents so what you going to do to fight them ?

If someone broke in my house I would see what colour the intruder was and if he was white I would run around shouting "You are racist, you broke into my house because I am not white anglo saxon protestant".

Then I would quickly get on the Sikh Sangat forum and ask for your help on how to fight the intruder, if you could not help I would go to Nihang Nidhar Singhs web site and look through a few of his videos to learn hand to hand combat in a few minutes. Then I would remember that I had my old friend Chetak (my trusty old basebal bat) in my bedroom, I would get Chetak and go sort the burglar out. Just before hitting the burglar I would tell him "I was born to fight for truth, I am going to hit you with Chetak, my baseball bat".

Same news from Globe and Mail today

It is good they are doing coverage, but not very much coverage at all

only new info they gave in the article compared to other articles : RCMP Corporal Mark Menard said police are confident the temple fire was not racially motivated.

so the man who did this is not racist, just ABSOLUTELY CRAZY.  :wub:   pray.gifsad.gif

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servlet/sto...PStory/National

157878[/snapback]

Its not crazy for there to be no link to racism. We had a fire at a Gurdwara in the UK where the giani from India left his kachara on a electric heater (caused about 50K of damage). In another case a young child set fire to a Gurdwara building.

There was a survey done on church fires in the USA between 1995 and 1996 and only 20 (out of 73) black church fires had an element of racism (nine of the church fires had black suspects named). So although it may appear that it is down to racism, it is not always the case.

During an 18 month period there were fires at 75 white churches and 73 black churches. During a six year period there were 248 arson attacks on white churches and 161 at black churches.

Some cases involved firefighters setting fire to churches which they then helped put out. Other culprits include drunk teenagers, burglars etc.

157879[/snapback]

fateh ji

i dont think you have taken the time to quite read the posts, this has nothing to do with fires involving kacheras and electric heaters, the point to note is that someone poured kerosene around the gurudwara ,

to me it sounds like they wanted to cause damage to the place for a reason. Its not like an attack by a drunk who may pick up a stone and smash a window or hurl abuse at sikhs or even beat someone up,

someone has went and got some kerosene and took time to pour it so that damage would be caused.......................... from my knowledge its not drunken teenagers/adults or burgulars typical behaviour unless as it seems it was fuelled by racial motivation

Bhul chuk di kima

157895[/snapback]

I have read what has been written and I merely pointed out that it was wrong to jump to conclusions that just because it is a white person it does not make it a racist arson attack. It might have been but lets wait for the police to investigate and find out what the motive for the attack was.

The example of the church fires was to back this up. Most of the church fires happened in the southern USA states where racism is still rife. But the study showed that there was a problem with society in general and churches were being attacked regardless of whether they were white or black churches.

It does not take MENSA membership to work out what my faith is.

so why is it taking you so long to tell me?

Who you going to fight ?  Come on tell me. These are random incidents so what you going to do to fight them ? 

I'm not saying I'm going to fight them. I'm saying we (as Sikhs) must pressurize the Police into doing that...and if they don't, then its the time for someone to fight them...

If someone broke in my house I would see what colour the intruder was and if he was white I would run around shouting "You are racist, you broke into my house because I am not white anglo saxon protestant".

Then I would quickly get on the Sikh Sangat forum and ask for your help on how to fight the intruder, if you could not help I would go to Nihang Nidhar Singhs web site and look through a few of his videos to learn hand to hand combat in a few minutes. Then I would remember that I had my old friend Chetak (my trusty old basebal bat) in my bedroom, I would get Chetak and go sort the burglar out. Just before hitting the burglar I would tell him "I was born to fight for truth, I am going to hit you with  Chetak, my baseball bat".

Now I know why making Khalistan takes such a long time...we have to deal with people like you first...

ok guys its getting outa hand.............. basically we know wat kurtas wants to say, that it may not be a racially motivated attack, also white ppl shudnt be stereotyped into racists all the time?.

so lets leave it at that ...........no point in arguing about it..........

also i was just thinking, where were the sevadars when this happened. we got cctv at our gurudwara due to the amount of vandalism and (racially motivated?) attacks on the building. anyway if anyone was gna set fire surely someone wud hav seen or smelt the smoke inside and called help, so damage cud hv been minimised? just a thought

anyways take deep breaths you two lol pray.gif