The Holy Script For Sikhs

Pray Truth for all and say Satsriakal!

Dear Singh Comradz Ji!

I appreciate your views and pray that all grow on their conscious level.

Sometimes I wish to discuss Sikhi matters which may bring us back to our original lessons and hope my questions do not disturb orthodox persons much.

Surly the answer will be shared with you all when God wants it to reveal. I feel relaxed about it.

Balbir Singh

158482[/snapback]

firstly the term orthodox is equated usually with Christians, and personally i think the term cannot be applied to some followers of the Sikh faith...the term kind of makes them seem somehow backwards :wub:

but before you ask away please remember that there are two types of questions...

1. legit questions that someone asks because they honestly want an answer and are curious.

2. questions that someone (who has an ulterior motive to undermine or disinterpret the subject matter- in this case Sikhi) asks when they want to push their own agenda

please feel free to ask (but not if its the latter)

Dear Singh Comradz Ji!

Quote >>>firstly the term orthodox is equated usually with Christians, and personally i think the term cannot be applied to some followers of the Sikh faith...the term kind of makes them seem somehow backwards<<<

Yes, the term, orthodox is equated usually with Christians. Strange it is now becoming usual with Sikhs.

Rare are those who follow the right Path with God and Guru's grace.

Quote >>>but before you ask away please remember that there are two types of questions...<<<

Truth does not come wrapped in answers from others. Truth is experiencing it.

Quote >>>1. legit questions that someone asks because they honestly want an answer and are curious. <<<

It is nice to know that you wish a school where students can ask only legit questions.

Quote >>>2. questions that someone (who has an ulterior motive to undermine or disinterpret the subject matter- in this case Sikhi) asks when they want to push their own agenda<<<

Is it not pity? We Sikhs want to show the rest of the world that we are something specials. But we do not know the true name of our holy scripture.

Shouldn't we ask our preachers why they have been hiding this from us?

Ignorance always makes one feel uneasy in the light of truth.

Neither True Sikhi can be undermined nor it is achieved with supressing curiosity.

You have also used the word agenda.

Agenda is required by those alone who have not experienced Truth.

And do not get surprised on this. You may name one act with which Sikhs are busy at present. The Gurus have suggested them to do.

Please come back with references.

I request you to keep the Satsang alive.

Balbir Singh

Dear Singh Comradz Ji!

Quote >>>firstly the term orthodox is equated usually with Christians, and personally i think the term cannot be applied to some followers of the Sikh faith...the term kind of makes them seem somehow backwards<<<

Yes, the term, orthodox is equated usually with Christians. Strange it is now becoming usual with Sikhs.

Rare are those who follow the right Path with God and Guru's grace.

Quote >>>but before you ask away please remember that there are two types of questions...<<<

Truth does not come wrapped in answers from others. Truth is experiencing it.

Quote >>>1. legit questions that someone asks because they honestly want an answer and are curious. <<<

It is nice to know that you wish a school where students can ask only legit questions.

Quote >>>2. questions that someone (who has an ulterior motive to undermine or disinterpret the subject matter- in this case Sikhi) asks when they want to push their own agenda<<<

Is it not pity? We Sikhs want to show the rest of the world that we are something specials. But we do not know the true name of our holy scripture.

Shouldn't we ask our preachers why they have been hiding this from us?

Ignorance always makes one feel uneasy in the light of truth.

Neither True Sikhi can be undermined nor it is achieved with supressing curiosity.

You have also used the word agenda.

Agenda is required by those alone who have not experienced Truth.

And do not get surprised on this. You may name one act with which Sikhs are busy at present.  The Gurus have suggested them to do.

Please come back with references.

I request you to keep the Satsang alive.

Balbir Singh

158516[/snapback]

orthodox- on its not usual with Sikhs, its only a term that some people use, many of them are anti-Sikh. for instance th nakli narakhdari's refer to amritdhari Sikhs as orthodox.

i didn't say that answers are always without doubt the truth. answers are opinionated

as for agenda and this 'truth' you mention...does that mean you do not have an agenda because you have experienced the 'truth'?

and you keep mentioning truth and this name which you claim is being hidden form us...

please share this info with the sangat

Balbir Ji

you keep saying what the true name for the guru ji is, and you said you didn't know it yourself, and you are saying why are the 'preachers' hiding it?

So how do you know there is a name being hidden, what makes you think this and why?................ Also could you explain why you think the term orthordox is becoming usual with sikhs?

What are the original lessons of sikhi that you refered to earlier?

Please answer these questions

WJKK WJKF!

Dear Parwinder Singh Ji!

You started with "you keep saying what the true name for the guru ji is"

I thought my English is poor. But it looks like tongue of your mother is also not English. Please refer my post where I wrote this.

The True name is received from Guru Ji.

After the comma you continued " . . . and you said you didn't know it yourself"

Really! Did we ever talk about the true NAAM from Guru Ji? Have your preachers not banned you to talk about it with others?

The question here is about the true name of the holy scripture. The Gurus have named it.

You wrote further " . . . and you are saying why are the 'preachers' hiding it?"

I do not know why they hide their fists. It may be empty also.

Quote >>>So how do you know there is a name being hidden, what makes you think this and why <<<

All the present names of the holy scripture are popularized by some individuals or groups.

Quote >>>Also could you explain why you think the term orthordox is becoming usual with sikhs? <<<

The word orthodox mean 'adhering to what is commonly accepted'. Sikhs are presently adhering to all that is commonly accepted. The Gurus never suggested adhering to those though.

Just take a moment and ponder over it. What are the activities of a Sikh normally? And try to find out where Gurus have suggested them to act like that.

Do We know our Gurus through stories from our preachers alone? All what they explain is their interpretation.

True Guru is Truth. True Guru is not an interpretation.

Quote >>>What are the original lessons of sikhi that you refered to earlier? <<<

The first and original lesson is JAP.

Dear Singh Comradz Ji!

God knows why HE is using Balbir Singh to write these sentences right now.

Please try to find out HIS agenda.

Love.

Balbir Singh

Dear Parwinder Singh Ji!

You started with "you keep saying what the true name for the guru ji is"

I thought my English is poor. But it looks like tongue of your mother is also not English. Please refer my post where I wrote this.

The True name is received from Guru Ji.

After the comma you continued "  . . . and you said you didn't know it yourself"

Really! Did we ever talk about the true NAAM from Guru Ji? Have your preachers not banned you to talk about it with others?

The question here is about the true name of the holy scripture. The Gurus have named it.

You wrote further "  . . . and you are saying why are the 'preachers' hiding it?"

I do not know why they hide their fists. It may be empty also.

Quote >>>So how do you know there is a name being hidden, what makes you think this and why <<<

All the present names of the holy scripture are popularized by some individuals or groups.

Quote  >>>Also could you explain why you think the term orthordox is becoming usual with sikhs? <<<

The word orthodox mean 'adhering to what is commonly accepted'. Sikhs are presently adhering to all that is commonly accepted. The Gurus never suggested adhering to those though.

Just take a moment and ponder over it. What are the activities of a Sikh normally? And try to find out where Gurus have suggested them to act like that.

Do We know our Gurus through stories from our preachers alone? All what they explain is their interpretation.

True Guru is Truth. True Guru is not an interpretation.

Quote >>>What are the original lessons of sikhi that you refered to earlier? <<<

The first and original lesson is JAP.

Dear Singh Comradz Ji!

God knows why HE is using Balbir Singh to write these sentences right now.

Please try to find out HIS agenda.

Love.

Balbir Singh

158547[/snapback]

no i'd rather ask you

"Don't you think it would be great to know the name, the Gurus used to call the holy scripture?"

"We Sikhs want to show the rest of the world that we are something specials. But we do not know the true name of our holy scripture."

"The question here is about the true name of the holy scripture. The Gurus have named it."

Balbir Ji

you keep asking about the 'name' of the holy 'scriptures'

and you said you didn't know it yourself, so answer my question, what makes you think there is a name being 'hidden'?

your last quote does not go with the other quotes, because you said you dont know the true name and then you are saying the Gurus named it. Where did you find that they have named it?

if they have named it then what is it?

i apologise for my lack of english. please give the question(s) another go. I'm not sure what your intentions are.