Need Help Converting To Sikhism

RickC

:T:

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa, Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh.

I am a 53 yr old man living in America. I studied Sikhism many years ago but now wish to convert. I wish to receive email advice on how practice Sikhism. I am also a martial arts instructor with 33 years of experience. Please see www.creativefightingconcepts.com.

I would really enjoy having emails about how I can do more to become a Sikh. I am now Kesh and do get up early in the morning to meditate and pray.

I live in Tennessee with my wife and two children. I teach Bruce Lee's art of Jeet Kune Do, Filipino Martial Arts, and Muay Thai Kickboxing. If someone wanted to learn these arts, I would teach them for free in exchange for teaching me how to become Sikh. I would also like to learn how to speak Punjabi.

I just wish to learn more about Sikhism so someday soon I may go to the Gurdwara and become Khalsa. The only Temple close by is two hours away from where I live.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Please email me at: tnjkd@yahoo.com

that is brilliant! i would love to learn phillipino martial arts but im afraid i live to far :wub: (uk). but will email u sum sikhi info! good luck on ur path!

158129[/snapback]

Thank you ultimate paapi.

If you want to come to my house for a couple of weeks to train for free, you could teach my family and I how to live as Sikhs!

What a great vacation for all of us!

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa, Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh!

siqguru dwqw nwm kw pUrw ijsu BMfwru ]

sathigur dhaathaa naam kaa pooraa jis bha(n)ddaar ||

The True Guru is the Giver of the Naam; His Treasure is perfect and overflowing.

Rick we are all sikhs (Students) as we are constantly learning. To become a sikh of the Guru you have to accept Guru Granth Sahib jee to be your Guru. Once you do that the next step is to learn from your Guru and practise what your Guru teaches you.

If you need to speak to our Guru regarding a certain topic then you can do that by searching for it here.

http://www.sikhitothemax.com/search.asp

Each day sikhs receive a hukam ( command ) from the Guru. Then as a sikh you try your best to follow Guru's Hukam. Thats all there is to being a sikh. Follow your Guru which gets you closer to God.

A better place to ask for help regarding learning more about sikhi or getting someone to meet up with you and help you out is sikhnet.

http://www.sikhnet.com/sikhnet/discussion....ic!OpenView

Good Luck

the singhs before me answered a lot of ur questions .. do go to their links :wub:

about ur martial arts experience.. WOW .. now i wish i was near u .. im from toronto .. why dontyou move to Toronto .. more sikhi sangat here and we can all learn from each other :e:

best of luck on your sikhi track :TH: ..PM me or email me whenever you wish :@