Office X mas Parties

Guest balwinderkaur

i see no problem in going to parties..they are part and parcel of working life..but just leave when things start to go wild....whilst u are at the party do simran within u...like wut moorakh said. however if u know that your presence at the party is not necessary...then i suggest you're better off staying home with your family chillaxing at home. :)

ohmy.gif Oh twadi, that reminds me, its gonna be my first christmas office patry this year, since i just started working. I will let u know wot happens but i wont be drinking and doing anything bad.

oyeee.. i ain't trusting u that easily.. I will be keeping my eye on you :) jk tongue.gif

Iwannabegursikh veera.. Have Fun.. Just simply avoid bad things there !! wubb.gif

I want to start tieing a Dumalla.

It sounds silly but because we see Sikhs wearing the usual dastaars drinking in not just Pubs and Bars but at family weddings etc., no one really batters an eyelid when a Pugwalla is sitting in a pub (even if the Pugwala has a full dara). Fact is that to a certain extent it has become the norm for a Gora to see Sikh looking people drinking.

If I wore a Dumalla, people (especially Punjabi people) are more likely to say that they saw a proper Singh in a pub. I am not at all worried that I will given into temptation of drinking or smoking. I am worried about some saying 'there goes Guru Gobind's Sikh and he's walking into a Pub'.

IWannaBeAGurSikh Veera, I agree with you here.

But veera you are not going to give youre 'lekha' to the people of the society. You are accountable only to our father, Waheguru Ji. So who cares what people think. Have no attachment with societies views as this is 'moh'. Just worry whether you'll be answerable to the wonderfull lord, Waheguru Ji.

Whatever step you take in life, if you think you can justify the reason for it with Dharam Raaja, then go ahead and do it. If other people do different from you then you and the society must be write aslong you can justify yourself- thats all. You cant possibly be wrong.

Doctor_Mani wink2.gif

A sikh should not be anywhere that alcohol is served. no matter what. Just like a Singh should not be in a <admin-profanity filter activated> house. They are the same thing beleive it or not.

I beleive there is a rehatnama to this effect but I do not remember it.

Oh dear...guess this qualifies me for being kicked out of the Panth...

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

Mkhalsa is right. You cant walk into a place with bad stuff going on. You try to stay away from it as far as possible. It is in the reight maryada to stay away, very far, from galt sangat. Theres something about galt sangat in gurbani as wel, but i cant remember. Maybe im imagining things. Anyways, you cant go into pubs, bad parties, strip clubs, etc. because a sikh should try his/her best to stay away from temptations and galt sangat, because why would u even take the chance of commiting paap? STAYAWAY! While your at that bar or partie taking the risk of doing paap, you could be at the gurughar.

BHULL CHUKK MAFF

:e: :nihungsmile:

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!