Shaheedi 400 - Saint Soldier

i know a few of the people who help in this. Before IP came onto the scene, these guys were "anti-bhangra music, anti-giddha, anti-hindi music, anti- anything thats not Gurbani"... now, these are the same people who are recording for them and bigging it up! Talk about double standards (and double profits!).

i think you will find that there is a difference between types of music and lyrics within a type of music, just as gurbani is not "music". i think you are a little confused in your terminology.

dharmic geet have been around for a long time, usually recorded in punjab to punjabi music, i see no issue with the dharmic geet on these albums produced and aimed at people with a different take on music. some people have issues with dharmic geet full stop, so they will obviously not agree with this style. but for people who have listened to kuldip manak sing about raja ranjit singh and the khalsa raaj etc will appreciate that this turbulent period of our history is being covered by somebody at least!

the fact that singhs from the uk have found copied versions of the cds floating about on punjab market stalls and in sikh punjabi homes (in punjab) means that via this media a very important message is being provided for people, which previously was virtualy not done.

so no my friend there are no double standards in saying that you do not agree with bhangra, gidha etc and yet produce dharmic geet. what is important is the message and the lyrics, which on one hand is typically based on sex, caste, intoxication etc and on the other is about sacrifice, love and devotion to your guru and your faith. :lol:

regarding your comment on double profits ... as ever it so reassuring to see fellow sikhs support each other in projetcs which cost thousands of pounds to complete. im very sure that the guys doing the cd's are driving around in ferrari's and aston martin's! it is due to comments like this that people are often afraid of getting involved in seva in the first place, as without doubt people will throw mud. i guess its just a bad habit we have.

dont forget that every cd probably takes months and months of hard work and countless hours of personal time, i.e. seva. lets not knock the hard work of others when very obviously good work is being done, which is effective and getting to the youngsters at which it is aimed.

personaly i would rather have youngsters listeing to dharmic geet jamla jatt - kuldip manak - hans raj hans - shaheedi albums etc rather than songs about how cool it is to drink as much alcohol as possible and get into a fight.

:TH:

ps Track 1 is just awesome!! especilly the katha at the start fits just perfectly! d_oh.gif

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well the way i see it is buy a 6-cd changer, fit in a boom box, go to the mela and drive around the park blasting the tunes.

AK-47 g, as for your comments about the double standards, i beg to differ as i am not saying what i think, i am saying what i know and i know what i know. My opinions my opinion.

And as i said, i dont have anything against SI albums - its more the aim of double standards. I loved the first two album. I thought the variation in the second album was brilliant especially with the undergroundsikhi.com guy doing his stuff.

My opinions are mixed, i admit. Dont know about the use of bhangra tracks but chall

That dont mean im anti-SI, dont get me wrong yeh, but i just see too many double standards. You know, SI:1 probably had more scope for education than any of the other SI's due to the fact it had a multimedia presentation on it about the goings on of 1984 and so on. Now, it just seems to be "which bhangra/giddha sample can we rip off next?"

I just wanna say that most bhangra tracks were ripping off da old skool dhadi tunes anyway....I think its a good thing that they are being reclaimed as a DHARMIC TUNE.

Bhul Chik Maaf

i just want to give my two cents on this

i know a few of the people who help in this. Before IP came onto the scene, these guys were "anti-bhangra music, anti-giddha, anti-hindi music, anti- anything thats not Gurbani"... now, these are the same people who are recording for them and bigging it up! Talk about double standards (and double profits!).

That dont mean im anti-SI, dont get me wrong yeh, but i just see too many double standards. You know, SI:1 probably had more scope for education than any of the other SI's due to the fact it had a multimedia presentation on it about the goings on of 1984 and so on. Now, it just seems to be "which bhangra/giddha sample can we rip off next?"

The thing is though, some of the singers are kavishri and kavishri already tend to use tunes that dhadhi use. But some of the tunes that dhadhi use are sampled from and to bhangra and giddha so you can see where it tracks back to.

Sorry if i offend anyone with that.

from looking at the stall it clearly states all profits/money go to seva parchaar which is important as i guess the gurdwaras wont support these young singhs doing such seva. all that hard work to produce sell all over the country and you provide comments liek the above.

also when i bought the CD it was only £5, most cd's are about 12.99 so not sure how much profit they are making exactly. and the aim from what i can gather is to eductae young people how singhs and singhnee have done shaheedi, if u dont give them soemthign appealing how will they find out, i cant see that many young ppl coming to the gurdwara, who knows maybe for them that could be the starting point of coming into sikhi

Guest militant singh

I dont see nuffin wrong with any of the albums i hope they keep comming .all u ahters out there jus shut up.Militant Singh AK47 siging out

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ke Fateh

Great stuff by IP, excellent work. I only have one request for further improvement. If the IP guys could do the translation in English of the Sikh warrior/princess before the song it would be great. Why , because most of the audience is Sikhs born in the western world and they need to understand clearly who the songs are about, the story of the shaheeds need to be told before the song. The rest being in punjabi is OK which may trigger one's brain to find out a bit more and further understanding of punjabi. I was born in the UK however had an education in India for 6 years and even I had to listen carefully to fully understand the lyrics.It's great you're using the jaago vale jatha , please keep this up as I know for a fact these guys are the most knowledgeable on our shaeeds from 84 .

And to the people who criticizing, they should rethink, this is not Gurbani being sung to rap or bhangra music if it was I would be heavily oppose it. This is the modern version of Dhadi vaars/kavishars which is much needed in the panth today, since our lovely looking dhadi's from India only talk about puraatan ithaas and say nothing about 84. If you ever see a dhadi jatha from India in the UK ask them to talk on 84 and watch their face, I have many times and they are reluctant.Some even meniton that they have been told from delhi not sing on anyting 84 or khalstani. That might be extreme BS but we have our own solution which is Immortal Productions may Guru Ji give you further strength in your tangible objective.Keep it up

Sunday 30th April

Toronto - Nagar Kirtan

Coventry - Vaisakhi Mela

Wolverhampton - Vaisakhi Mela

CDs did not make it in time for the Vancouver/Surrey Nagar Kirtan but are now available in BC via The Guru Nanak Academy and at the Toronto Nagar Kirtan via COSS.

:TH:

I was reading the top 10 on a punjabi/bhangra site which said that it was in the top 10 (number 4 I think a few weeks back)..

To see that it has gone into the Asian mainstream is brilliant news. With Guru Kirpa hopefully alot of ppl will

learn alot about shaheedi sacrifices through modern day dharmak music, and it makes a positive change compared to the usual Asian stuff they listen to..

Keep it up woohoo.gif

All i can say is WOW :TH:

the best albums ever. i would rather spend money buying albums like this. come on their not expensive and are not about ur usual ishq and pyaar.

I big up these guys. Many young people may not like the sound of your usual dhadi's an some dont evn bother cus they think them as bland. All the tunes by immortal productions are catchy an u jaust want to keep on listening over n over. My dad who is over 50 loves these tracks an loves listenin 2 them.

I just hope people dont abuse such music cus even tho on the slieve it is asked that people do not abuse the albums, many find sikhi a fashion an i so hope they dont play them in clubs or in a car while smoking.

This music is not for dancing but foir trying to understand sikhi n the evnents that have taken place such as 1984.

sachi i know shaheedi 400 has only just come out but i so cant wait for the next one